10 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer
  • Admin
  • 4,025 posts
  • Local time: 09:27 PM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1000

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:52 PM

Welcome to the September 2015 Installment of our Casita Club Monthly Photography Contest!

This month's subject is:

"Water"

The image you enter must reflect "Water".  The hot summer always seems to revolve around water, so any picture you post needs to include water. 

Please read the rules and requests below, then post up your image in this thread!

The winner of this month's contest will receive one Luci Original Inflatable Solar Light and one short-sleeve Casita Club T-Shirt with a back print.

Attached File  lucy-original.png   72.64KB   1 downloads

Feel free to post comments in this thread as well!

Here is a video tutorial on how to upload an image to your post:

https://www.youtube....h?v=XqESoMP6ivk

----------

The rules are quite simple and may change depending on the month and subject.

General Rules:

1)  Any photographs submitted must be owned by the member submitting the image and only one image per contest can be submitted per member.  HDR images are allowed.

2)  Images should be a minimum of 650 pixels on the longest side, if possible.

3)  The winning image may be re-posted on the front page, after the approval from the owner of the image. 

4)  Submissions to the Monthly Photography Contest may begin after the monthly topic has been posted, until the end of the month.  Submissions must be either uploaded to The Casita Club Forums, or embedded from an outside website by the owner of the image.  No outside text links to images will be allowed.

5)  All submissions will be listed and voted on by The Casita Club membership at the end of the month.

6)  The winner of the monthly contest will receive a prize to be determined by The Casita Club and listed within the monthly topic thread. 

7)  In order to give more people a chance at winning, individual members can only win once every 6 months.

8)  The winning images will be included in a **once-a-year prize**, to be determined by The Casita Club and listed within the separate quarterly voting thread. (this was changed on 10/01/2014)

9)  The Casita Club, or anyone associated with the owners of the CasitaClub.com website do not and will not claim any type of ownership or license of any images or photographs submitted to The Casita Club Forums.  Eric Mayer will be able to submit an image, but that image will not be included in the monthly votes.

Contest Requests:

I would love for folks to learn from the photographs posted here.  So, as much information as can be provided would be appreciated.  This includes some background information about the photograph, your camera, lens and settings, as well as any other information you feel would be beneficial.

Good luck to anyone who enters!  Feel free to ask any questions in this thread:  http://www.casitaclu...-photo-contest/

Eric  B)

The Casita Club

----------

Here is a video tutorial on how to upload images to your post:
How To Attach an Image to Your Post

#2 Plainsman

Plainsman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Travel (duh!); bird hunting and bird dogs; flintlock hunting; history; rural life; Irish archeology; lots of other stuff, too.
  • Trailer Name:OTRA
  • Casita Club Directory #:1240

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:13 AM

"Smoky Mountain Water #1".

Elkmont Creek, Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee

Attached File  SMW #1-web.jpg   144.42KB   6 downloads

• ArizonaEileen, Leehman Wexlin, NASA42 B and 1 other like this
"OTRA" (On The Road Again)
2003 17' Spirit Deluxe #1240
2004 2500HD Duramax Diesel Crewcab

The Sandhills of 'East Wyoming'

#3 vermilye

vermilye
  • Casita Club Member
  • 407 posts
  • Local time: 11:27 PM
  • Interests:Photography, travel

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:14 AM

This needs a bit of an explanation - The Grande Mariner is a boat that cruises, among other venues, the Oswego Canal on the Oswego River.  It had just passed through a lock that bypasses the first dam on the river, making for an unusual image.

Taken with a Nikon D100, Nikkor AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED, f: 5.6 @ 1/500th of a second, ISO 200.

DSC_0400.jpg

Edited by vermilye, 03 September 2015 - 07:15 AM.

• ArizonaEileen, Leehman Wexlin, PerfectCasita and 2 others like this

#4 Will in Big D

Will in Big D
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17'

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

This is a photo of the lighthouse on the Hudson in Saugerties, New York:

Attached File  William-Porter-IMG_2542-sm.jpg   68.73KB   1 downloads

Please click here to view the image at a larger size and in its natural habitat.

Wife Joan and I were on our way back to Texas after our first big trip with our Spirit Deluxe: We'd gone all the way to Nova Scotia! The previous day pulled out of the wonderful city park campground in Salem, Massachusetts, without a plan for the next night. At almost the last minute, Joan found a wonderful RV/campsite in Saugerties, New York, called Rip Van Winkle; I can recommend it. The next morning, we pulled out of Rip Van Winkle with the Casita in tow, but Joan wanted to see this lighthouse, which she'd read about on some website. So of course, off we went.

The road to the lighthouse is narrow and ends up in a rather tight dead end at the lighthouse's small parking lot. Fortunately we were there a bit early and I was able to do a nine (or was it nineteen?) point turn and to back the Casita into the parking lot so that we could pull straight out. We set out on the lighthouse trail really not knowing what to expect. The trail is almost entirely in woods so we were both stunned when we came out of the woods and viewed this beautiful lighthouse on a peninsula that provides a magnificent view of the river. We'd seen lots of 'classic' lighthouses in Nova Scotia and Maine and Massachusetts, like this iconic one in Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia. I like 'em all. We don't have a lot of lighthouses in Dallas, Texas — or, for that matter, a river like the Hudson! I loved this lighthouse on the Hudson because it was so different.

Although I had carried a ton of top-level photo equipment with me, as it happens, this particular photo was taken with an iPhone 6 Plus. I spent some time trying to find the best position from which to take the shot, and took a few test shots before I got one I was happy with, but the iPhone 6 Plus has a fairly decent camera. Had to reduce resolution to upload to Casita Forums; this is 2048px wide, but the original is 7087px wide. Slight post-processing done on the iPhone 6 Plus in the wonderful Snapseed app. This was originally a Nik Software product until Google bought Nik; I'm sure Snapseed is available for Android, too, and I recommend it highly. Even if you don't have a smart phone you can use it: Snapseed became the basis for the Google Photos editing app online.

Have to add that our first voyage in the Casita was a fantastic success. Three weeks on the road wasn't nearly long enough. And I managed to pull the Casita almost 8000 miles without it falling off the hitch even once!!

Will

• Leehman Wexlin, vermilye, PerfectCasita and 1 other like this

#5 Possum

Possum
  • Casita Club Member
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Fly Fishing, Camping, Photography

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:43 PM

Robert H. Treman State Park near Ithaca, NY

1/3 second exposure to get the effect

Attached File  Treman.jpg   194.87KB   3 downloads

• Leehman Wexlin, Meadowlark and NASA42 B like this
Kim & Luanna
2010 17' Spirit Deluxe
Seattle

#6 Leehman Wexlin

Leehman Wexlin
  • Casita Club Member
  • 441 posts
  • Local time: 12:27 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit 17
  • Interests:photography, sailing, wood working, music

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

Curlers or Catfish ?

My wife being a good sport while living in the florida keys.   Found this hair dryer and had some photo fun................

Attached Files

• Us burros, clover, NASA42 B and 1 other like this
Joan Jane Leehman

http://leehman.smugmug.com/

#7 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,433 posts
  • Local time: 10:27 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

Curlers or Catfish ?

My wife being a good sport while living in the florida keys.   Found this hair dryer and had some photo fun................

Too funny! I love her sense of humor!

Clover

• Leehman Wexlin likes this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#8 Tom Dunn

Tom Dunn
  • Casita Club Member
  • 84 posts
  • Local time: 10:27 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Delux 17

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:28 PM

Molas Lake

Attached Files

• Leehman Wexlin, PerfectCasita and Tom Dunn like this
Tom & Sue
tsdd@cox.net

#9 PerfectCasita

PerfectCasita
  • After-Market Product Supplier
  • 413 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:None

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:41 PM

The beauty of ice.

Iceland, summer 2013

Attached File  rsz_1p1000570.jpg   127.79KB   3 downloads

Jim

1/800 sec. f/5.6 27.7mm ISO 100

• Leehman Wexlin likes this
Orbital Machine Works online store
http://www.perfectcasita.com

#10 Us burros

Us burros
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,464 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 Spirit 17'
  • Interests:Woodworking, photography, birding & travel
  • Casita Club Directory #:1830

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

Turning water to honey...

A worker (female) bee uses its tongue to lap up water from bottom of an upside down livestock water trough that now serves as a water source for the honey bees. That red tongue is what the bee also uses to gather nectar for making honey.

Attached File  P8020005a.jpg   117.79KB   3 downloads  8/2/2015

Olympus                  E500

F-stop                      f/5.6

Exposure                 1/90 Sec.

ISO speed                200

• Leehman Wexlin and Meadowlark like this

#11 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer
  • Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,025 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:1000

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:10 PM

This contest is now closed.  I will put up the voting a week from today.  In the meantime, please submit your image to our October contest, "Fall".

Eric  B)

The Casita Club

----------

Here is a video tutorial on how to upload images to your post:
How To Attach an Image to Your Post