Photo

What Musical Instruments Do You Take Along?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 07:12 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:45 AM

I just ordered a pan flute and will attempt to learn how to play it. I've watched all the videos on how to play one and hope it's easier than it looks. :lol:  I'm thinking my face will look like this when I first start. :blush:   I'm hoping the fact my last name starts with the same letter as Zamfir will help. :rolleyes:  Good thing I quit smoking!  I ordered one from Brad White Flute Shop.  It's a tenor flute.  Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://pan-flute.com/index_flash.html

2014 17' Casita SD

#32 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,319 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

Well, you have defined me a bit, Clover, I DO like the Big Booms. Of artillery, fireworks, etc. My job in the Army was repairing M1A1 and M1A2 tanks. I never missed a chance to go out with them to the range. Ostensibly it was in the capacity of QA/QC , but it was, for me, a chance to stand alongside a tank when they fire.  They never let me fire the cannon but I would stand alongside it and when that 120 mm 'gun' goes off, the resulting boom rattles your bones for an instant. you feel it in your sternum. And of course, during the Gulf War, I was in the right spots to watch the  A-10's roll in and hit the Iraqis. When those birds fire, it's not a boom so much as a loud extended fart. At night it was incredible. Yup, I like booms. Wierd for me, a confirmed bird watcher, when I don't want to hear anything louder than a peep.

Ft Hood, by the way, rocks.

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"I saw what you did."-Karma

#33 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,055 posts
  • Local time: 10:12 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:31 AM

well, based on the variety and numbers of responses, it seems  we have quite a few talented musicians in our midst. guess i need to pull that tin flute out of the closet and keep practicing before the next casita rally....................

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#34 Leehman Wexlin

Leehman Wexlin
  • Casita Club Member
  • 441 posts
  • Local time: 11:12 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit 17
  • Interests:photography, sailing, wood working, music

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:59 AM

I carry a set of electronic drums and a small amplifier.    Can use with just headphones, not to disturb anyone in the campgrounds.   

Joan Jane Leehman

http://leehman.smugmug.com/

#35 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,319 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:33 PM

Several years ago I was at a Casita rally at Bullard Beach SP in Bandon, OR. A gentleman brought his ukelele to the gettogether and began to play. I was feeling, oh, no. Please. Not the ukelele.

I never cared for the ukelele, mostly because of the likes of Tiny Tim, who was just too freaking wierd.

But this man played it like it's supposed to be played, I suppose, and had a decent voice to go with it...and that made all the difference.

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"I saw what you did."-Karma

#36 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,055 posts
  • Local time: 10:12 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:20 PM

Several years ago I was at a Casita rally at Bullard Beach SP in Bandon, OR. A gentleman brought his ukelele to the gettogether and began to play. I was feeling, oh, no. Please. Not the ukelele.

I never cared for the ukelele, mostly because of the likes of Tiny Tim, who was just too freaking wierd.

But this man played it like it's supposed to be played, I suppose, and had a decent voice to go with it...and that made all the difference.

you might like to check out "ukelele flashmob-the lion sleeps tonite-by the lions in tralfalgar square" on youtube. enjoy!

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host