Photo

What Musical Instruments Do You Take Along?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 07:13 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:37 AM

My baby grand won't fit.  Just kidding.  I sold it last year. My electronic arranger keyboard stays at home, home, on the range.  I prefer to bring my, little brown jug.

Edited by Wally Z, 06 March 2016 - 09:39 AM.

2014 17' Casita SD

#17 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,089 posts
  • Local time: 08:13 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:05 PM

Yamaha P-90 88-note keyboard.  Underneath the rear window of my 17SD.  I modified my bed into a 33" wide pad so I can put my feet underneath the piano.    Also have a guitar, stored in hanging locker.  Doesn't get played very often. Rusty fingers.

Dutchman

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !

#18 vermilye

vermilye
  • Casita Club Member
  • 352 posts
  • Local time: 11:13 AM
  • Interests:Photography, travel

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:25 PM

I carry a Navajo Flute, however I'm bad enough with it that I only play  (or attempt to play) it when boondocking away from anyone else!

• Meadowlark likes this

#19 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

Yamaha P-90 88-note keyboard.  Underneath the rear window of my 17SD.  I modified my bed into a 33" wide pad so I can put my feet underneath the piano.    Also have a guitar, stored in hanging locker.  Doesn't get played very often. Rusty fingers.

Dutchman

I believe you've posted pictures of your setup in the past.  We have to carry enough stuff already, and loading and unloading the keyboard would be a pain.  We are weekenders for the most part so it's just not practical.  I guess I could break out the old harmonicas.  Don't even know where I put them.  My lungs aren't what they use to be either. :(

2014 17' Casita SD

#20 jimiller5

jimiller5
  • Casita Club Member
  • 115 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17 SD
  • Interests:Old Time String Band music, hammered and mountain dulcimer
  • Trailer Name:Camptown

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:13 PM

We're full time musicians. We're leaving for a gig in Louisiana tomorrow and taking two guitars, a mandolin, hammered dulcimer, mountain dulcimer, and bowed dulcimer.
  • SKYTALKER and clairemr1 like this

#21 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,200 posts
  • Local time: 10:13 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:25 PM

We're full time musicians. We're leaving for a gig in Louisiana tomorrow and taking two guitars, a mandolin, hammered dulcimer, mountain dulcimer, and bowed dulcimer.

http://www.lssds.com...016/index.shtml

Lone Star State Dulcimer Festival has been held in Glen Rose, TX for the past several years. We usually see many of our Casita friends at this event. Make your reservations ASAP. We can host several at our home place (west of Glen Rose) if they are booked full.

My son brings along a harmonica, kazoo,  acoustic guitar , duck calls and often his trumpet. He plays reveille and taps for his scout troop on campouts and he wants to tryout for "Bugles  Across America" to be a volunteer at veteran funerals. He has been banned from inside the Casita with the trumpet and duck calls

• SKYTALKER likes this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#22 jimiller5

jimiller5
  • Casita Club Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:38 AM

The Lone Star State Dulcimer Festival is great. We were there several years ago. It was our first trip out with our Casita.

#23 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,055 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:07 AM

would love to camp with you/listen to your music sometime. let us know where/when you'll be. i played piano and guitar as a kid, nothing since. recently bought a tin whistle for around the campfire, played it a few times, now it sits in the cabinet over the bed in the trailer, neglected. but i sure love to hear good music played.......................

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#24 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:00 AM

The Lone Star State Dulcimer Festival is great. We were there several years ago. It was our first trip out with our Casita.

We enjoy the Lone Star Dulcimer Festival. The setting at Oakdale Park it great. Sitting in lawn chair and listening to live music on the old stage,  most of the day and evenings, Wow! 

We like the training clinics they offer as well. My son wants to add a hammer dulcimer to his musical collection. I pointed out a mountain dulcimer would "travel" much better in the Casita. 

There is two annual Blue Grass Festival held at Oakdale Park in Glen Rose. One the first weekend in May and the other in October. The local Blue Grass Assoc host a show & jam at Oakdale the 3rd Saturday each month.

Clover

• U.S.M.C. Don likes this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#25 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,319 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:00 AM

Ummm..my taiko drum just won't fit. It hardly fits in the guest bedroom.

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"I saw what you did."-Karma

#26 jimiller5

jimiller5
  • Casita Club Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:54 PM

would love to camp with you/listen to your music sometime. let us know where/when you'll be. i played piano and guitar as a kid, nothing since. recently bought a tin whistle for around the campfire, played it a few times, now it sits in the cabinet over the bed in the trailer, neglected. but i sure love to hear good music played.......................

My schedule is on my web site which you can access from my profile page. A good one for camping is the Cumberland Gap Dulcimer Gathering held at Cumberland Gap NP in May.

#27 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:32 PM

OK you made me look.......bowed dulcimer ...........cross between a dulcimer & a cello

Meadowlark

i think you get one of the smaller taiko drums into the bathroom

• Meadowlark and U.S.M.C. Don like this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD

#28 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,319 posts
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:03 PM

Vermilye..about 20 years ago I was visiting Grand Canyon with my brother. One evening at sunset, he took his Navajo flute with him, sat with his feet dangling over the South Rim, and began to play. I don't believe he realized it, but a crowd gathered behind him, and..unusual for Grand Canyon, every one of them stood silently and respectfully as his notes fell into the canyon, echoing off the walls in the intoxicating silence. It wasn't until he'd finished playing when the sun had gone down, stood up...and the crowd began to clap. An intensely private man, he was both embarassed...and pleased. It was a most beautiful thing to hear. Such a lovely tribute to a lovely..and usually, far too noisy place..that is the Canyon.

Don't care what other people 'think' of your playing. Don't worry if you play 'well' or not. Play your flute.

• SKYTALKER, nasa42a and keithgugliotto like this

#29 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:29 AM

I agree, Clover, the smaller drums would fit...but they just don't have that BOOM. If I'm playing it indoors, I have to wear  headphones to protect my hearing!

I have the '''medium''' sized one, the ones in the middle of your photograph. That big monster behind them is just too big...

#30 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:33 AM

I agree, Clover, the smaller drums would fit...but they just don't have that BOOM. If I'm playing it indoors, I have to wear  headphones to protect my hearing!

I have the '''medium''' sized one, the ones in the middle of your photograph. That big monster behind them is just too big..."

Wow! you have to wear  headphone, that is some significant  BOOM. Is the big BOOM you make like  taking out our aggressions on a punching bag or is making you feel like you're back home in the Army..........I'm imaging field artillery, LOL!

A couple of weeks ago we were camped near (one of)  your old stomping   Fort Hood. A couple of night they were having some serious field artillery practice going on. Lots of big BOOMs.

• Meadowlark likes this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD