• Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts
  • Local time: 09:57 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:None att :-(
  • Casita Club Directory #:3089

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:05 AM

AVAILABLE CATOMA LOOP SITE

Good morning folks. Regrettably we have a participant that has had to cancel his reservation on Catoma Loop and has asked me to offer it up to someone at Antioch Loop. This site will be offered to a participant at Antioch Loop initially. If no one claims it by this coming Sunday it will be offered to all. If you are in Antioch Loop and want to move to Catoma Loop please email or PM me and I will send you the campers contact info. You will be required to comply with all change requirements inclusive of the $10.00 change fee charged by the reservation services. I will not release the campers contact info via this medium. This is a first come, first served action for folks at Antioch Loop. Act fast as availability won’t last long. Best. Shorty sends...

Site is taken att. The early bird gets the worm...

Live well, life is very good!!!
Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

2014 Roadtrek 190 Popular,  "Big Edna II"  :D

1999 Coach House 192KS Wide Body, aka "Big Edna"  (Sold, but not forgotten also... :unsure:)
2007 Casita 17' FD - (R/V Huevo Movil - RIP - Died on I-75)
2006 Casita 17' SD - (Sold, but not forgotten!)
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
- Ronald Reagan

#32 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:09 AM

Hello everyone, Merry Christmas to you all as we start the countdown to the joyous event! I trust you and yours are looking forward to this time as well. Planning for our event continues moving forward and almost all actions are completed. However we still have some unfinished business and I come to you for your assistance in closing same.

As we addressed in previous updates this year’s event will be less structured, if it ever was structured, to allow you to mingle and kibitz with all. The agenda is being worked and should be released around the early part of January 2016.
As of date we have sixty three (63) scheduled to attend.

A MACRO level status on specific actions are:

Site Double Ups. Catoma Loop is and has been full for a while.  As such the Double Up option is being offered.   If you are interested in doubling up please follow the following procedures in order. These procedures have been collaborated with the Park Manager and his staff. Respectfully, I ask that you do not call the hosts and pummel them with questions and/or concerns, as it may “fluster” the situation. If you have ANY questions and/or concerns let either Jean or myself know and we will work them out.  

1. Coordinate with an existing reservation holder on Catoma Loop to share their site. Work out the terms e.g. arrival dates, etc… with them beforehand.
2. Make a reservation on one of the web sites, e.g. reserve America, reservation.gov etc… for Antioch Loop. This is need for accountability by the COE.
3. Notify Jean (borderbrae) or myself of your intent to share a site. This information will be sent to the Park Manager in aggregate prior to the event.
4. When you arrive at the event your name will be on a list that is provided to the Host by the Park Manager indicating your double up status/location.
5. If there are any issues PLEASE DO NOT PANIC. It will all work out. Enjoy the rally.

Gunter Hill has been gracious in allowing us to double up for the event and the reporting requirement is the only thing that they ask of us. Please help me accomplish same. Any questions drop me a line. FYI as of this posting we three (3) double up sites. Also there are approximately twelve (12) rigs at Antioch so we just might have to run two (2) rallies! Just kidding…
Uncle Mikes lunch. John and Kathy Roader have confirmed this event so plan on a good Cajun meal for lunch. Date and time to follow.

Gumbo Dinner. Our dear friends Bob and Pat will be missed this year and so will the traditional Gumbo meal that they both prepared for us all…  Bob and Pat enjoy your planned trip and don’t drink the water!  As such the chili event will replace the Gumbo meal. Todd and Maureen Cox along with Dan and Maxine Wallace have volunteered to lead the Chili Dump. Thank you, thank you, and thank you! I think everyone know what is needed if you intended to participate? If not, bring a can or crook pot of your favorite chili to be mixed up into a tasty brew… I know it sounds awful but each year ALL of it is gone. GE&H VI will provide the crackers, hot sauce, cheese, etc… Again thanks Todd and Maurine and Dan and Maxine for helping out!! One alibi, I believe “rcorsat” is also providing needed support on this event? If so can you please confirm same? I apologize for my lack of administrative skills… Thanks!

Gift Exchange. Simple action… If you want to draw a gift you have to bring a gift. We would like to keep it at a $10.00 limit. Bring a gift in a gift bag and we will have an exchange at the end of the Chili Dump. OH and BTW we need an MC for this event… Any takers?

Firewood/Campfire. John Roader has coordinated for the delivery of the fire wood so this is a closed item! Thanks John. However we still are in need of a free standing fire pit as the park will not allow us to build a fire on the ground in the Pavilion area. If you have one that you can bring PLEASE let me know ASAP. Failure to locate one or preferably two (as a backup) will more than likely cause us to have to cancel the nightly fires… NOT GOOD.

Pot luck. Self-explanatory… YUMMY! I don’t think this is anyone’s first rodeo so you know what we need… We do need folding tables to lay out the food. If you can bring a folding table please do so. Based on prior rallies requirements we need a minimum of ten (10).

Little House Customs is scheduled to attend GE&H VI. If you are interested in having any work done by Larry and Debbie please contact them in advance to sched a time slot and ensure he has the needed parts/pieces on hand. They will be on Site 61. For security reasons contact them via email or PM to identify their arrival dates. They can be contacted via email at larry@littlehousecustoms.com . Excellent work at a fair price!

Remember we are scaling back scheduled activities to allow for more free ranging by participants. If there is an activity that you would like to see on the schedule (e.g. Egg Parade, crafts, etc…), please let me know and I will integrate into the schedule. I will need your assistance though on the execution portion. As of this writing no other activities are planned. If you can help coordinate one please advise.

Rig Fees. No rig fees are needed as of date for this year’s event. Current event expenditures will be funded with remaining funds from prior year’s events. We will have a “donation can” if you would like to contribute and help maintain the surplus.
T-Shirts. I have not heard from anyone with regards to T-Shirts. I will keep this action open until the end of January 2016. If no one expresses an interest in same the action will be closed/deleted.

Still looking to identify the email addy of Barry & Susie on Site 30 from SC… Barry & Susie if you read this can you please provide?

Your cooperation in responding to queries is very much appreciated. Merry Christmas to all and see you in March 2016!!!

Thank you webmaster for allowing us to post this update!

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

1999 Coach House 192KS Wide Body, aka "Big Edna"  (Sold, but not forgotten also... :unsure:)
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
- Ronald Reagan

#33 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:22 AM

Hello fellow Green Eggers!!! An email has been sent to the email address that we have on file for you. Please read it and respond accordingly. If you do not receive said email, then we obviously do not have your correct email address... If this is the case please let me know via email at huevo_movil@yahoo.com . Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

Best. Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#34 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:07 PM

There has been an opening on Site 7 on Catoma Loop for the GE&H VI event in Mar 2016. If you are interested in claiming this spot collaborate with “cactus” aka Dan & Ellen via this medium and or PM. Remember folks it’s first come first served. Once the deal is done let us know who will be on Site 7. Thanks and Happy New Year.

Best. Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#35 jamija

jamija
  • Casita Club Member
  • 9 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2016 17 SD Due 3-11-16
  • Interests:Fishing,boating,dogs,coffee under the awning with donuts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:52 PM

Sent "Shorty" a PM,  hope he gets it as we are new at this

mgarry2@gmail.com

Mike and Janice garry

Mike and Janice Garry

17 SD

#36 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:28 AM

Hello everyone! No I am not in prison, we have just been wading through some huge issues at my camp (all good though) and have been really short (no pun intended) on time... Well here it is, the Final GE&H Missive!!! We are almost there with approximately 90 rigs scheduled to attend!!! WOW, who knew?

Now down to business. You will receive an email no later than 17:00 hrs. (5:00 PM) today at the email that we have on file for you. If you do not receive this email we either do not have an email addy for you or the one we do have is incorrect. If you do not receive the email send me an email ASAP ( huevo_movil@yahoo.com ) and I will forward you the document. Said document will address scheduled activities and outstanding actions. 

This years event is going to be a bit different as many of the previously scheduled activities are not scheduled. However this will provide more time for socializing in person. If you have any questions, comments and or concerns let either Jean or myself know ASAP. In closing travel safe; be alert; and hang in there winter is almost over!!! 

Best. Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#37 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:44 PM

Folks, I come to you all with hat in hand... we have some folks that heard about the rally and want to experience it first hand. However due to our over whelming success it appears that both loops are sold out! As such we need to ask for your assistance and willingness to share your site!!! If you can do so please respond to the post asking for support and let me know as well so we can tie you in to those that need the space! I want to thank you all in advance for your consideration and willingness to help. Look forward to seeing you all in Gunter Hill. Best. Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#38 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Local time: 10:57 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:35 PM

Music?! Just got an inquiry from a really good musician asking if there would be music at the pavilion. My response was "I hope so!" So all you musicians bring your instruments! There will be a white board at the pavilion and you can post there if you want to jam during the day or practice for an evening performance?! I know there will be some dulcimer players, maybe a banjo, some guitars, a fiddler(violinist in her "day job").  Don't be shy, novices are welcome and usually the more experienced folks are very happy to help you along. 

Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#39 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:05 PM

Thanks for the idea Jean! What's GE&H without music? :-)

Music?! Just got an inquiry from a really good musician asking if there would be music at the pavilion. My response was "I hope so!" So all you musicians bring your instruments! There will be a white board at the pavilion and you can post there if you want to jam during the day or practice for an evening performance?! I know there will be some dulcimer players, maybe a banjo, some guitars, a fiddler(violinist in her "day job").  Don't be shy, novices are welcome and usually the more experienced folks are very happy to help you along. 

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#40 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:17 AM

Hello everyone. Well gang we are up to 95 rigs of different shapes, sizes and configurations scheduled to join us at GE&H VI in a few weeks! I just wanted to let you know off some updates to planned activities and support requirements.

1. At 11:00 hrs on Saturday, at the Pavilion, Holly will be making some pretty cool stars made out of paper (magazines, flyers etc...) utilizing the Origami technique. Supposedly it is simple to do but requires patience, I’M OUT! Sounds like an opportunity to mingle and make a pretty cool trinket item If not mistaken all you need is the paper, glue and scissor, oh yea and that patience thing. Picture would not copy??? However you can see it on the other site. Thanks Holly.

2. GE&H crisis # 1 has been averted thanks to the combined efforts of Robin and Cindy and Charlie and Jane for solving this issue. We now have two (2) known fire pits that will be available. We will light as many as we have, and it will look like tribal council on Survivor! Wood has been coordinated for by Jon and Kathy so we should be all set.

3. Please don’t forget the chili, St Pattys Day themed gift bag, folding tables, and most importantly the desire to have a GREAT time!!!

Hopefully this will be the last missive before we converge on Gunter Hill, unless you may have some specific question which you can ask at any time…

Edited by Huevo Movil, 26 February 2016 - 06:33 PM.

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#41 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:20 AM

Purposely I have not submitted the double up list to the Park Manager to avoid us looking like a bunch of "sanganos!" :wacko: Folks this is not that hard... if you are coming to the event and are doubling up please advise us of your reserved site number at Antioch Loop and who/where you will be doubling up with in Catoma Loop. If you require further guidance on this request feel free to email me at huevo_movil@yahoo.com or call me on my cell. Remember each individual rig will be charged for a site based on your status e.g. Disabled Pass, Senior Pass, etc... Your assistance is needed to satisfy the Park Mangers Task that we advise him of who is doubling up! I would like to get this info to the Park Manager no later than close of business on Thursday. Apologize if I sound frustrated but... :blink:

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#42 pemsit

pemsit
  • Casita Club Member
  • 277 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 17' Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Travel, photography, hiking.
    Planning to see all the National Parks in the lower 48, I have visited 49 so far
  • Trailer Name:On the road again

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:07 PM

A great time was had by all, weather could not have been better! Thank all that made it wonderful time.