Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts
  • Local time: 01:37 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:None att :-(
  • Casita Club Directory #:3089

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:51 AM

Any thoughts on going back to Uncle Mick's?

Yup! John and Kathy have already worked that up. Will be included in next update with dates,times, etc...
Look forward to seeing you there!
Best. Shorty sends...

Live well, life is very good!!!
Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

2014 Roadtrek 190 Popular,  "Big Edna II"  :D

1999 Coach House 192KS Wide Body, aka "Big Edna"  (Sold, but not forgotten also... :unsure:)
2007 Casita 17' FD - (R/V Huevo Movil - RIP - Died on I-75)
2006 Casita 17' SD - (Sold, but not forgotten!)
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
- Ronald Reagan

#17 pemsit

pemsit
  • Casita Club Member
  • 277 posts
  • Local time: 12:37 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 17' Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Travel, photography, hiking.
    Planning to see all the National Parks in the lower 48, I have visited 49 so far
  • Trailer Name:On the road again

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

Site 070 15 Mar - 21 Mar   Not many sites left.

• SKYTALKER likes this

#18 SKYTALKER

SKYTALKER
  • Casita Club Member
  • 294 posts
  • Local time: 02:37 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 2008 17'
  • Interests:Ham Radio, camping, fishing, sightseeing

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:41 AM

one site left this morning... number 73 in Catoma loop for the rally dates.  Grab it while it is still open.

Maynard and Jacquie
ARS: KJ4P
2008 Spirit Deluxe 17'
2009 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner V6

Take only Pictures, Leave only footprints, Kill only time.

#19 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

I've got 29 names/site on my list so far. If you've reserved a site and not contacted either Shorty or me please do so. There is an email link on the maid page of the website, http://www.borderbra.../ge-h/ge-h.html

Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#20 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:06 AM

Late September Update:

Hello everyone, I trust you are well. GE&H VI planning is moving forward nicely and you can expect a modified but still enjoyable agenda for the event. I am releasing this update early as I will be on the road and do not know if/when I’ll have internet connectivity. This update would have normally been released in October.

As of this penning we show thirty seven (37) rigs. Of these three (3) are double ups. Thank you so much to those participants that volunteered to share their site. I would like to know if you would consider sharing your site just in case others want to attend… although Antioch is wide open, some may not want to be separated from the center of the universe (e.g. Catoma Loop). In this vein, if you have a reservation and have not informed Jean or myself, could you please send us a missive so we can properly plan? Thanks.

A MACRO level status on specific actions are:

Site Double Ups. We have pretty much reserved the Catoma Loop for the 17 – 20 March 2016 timeframe. As such the Double Up option is being offered. If you are interested in doubling up you need to contact a reservation holder and work out the terms e.g. arrival dates, etc… with them. Once that is completed please let me know so that we can report that to park management. Gunter Hill has been gracious in allowing us to double up for the event and the reporting requirement is the only thing that they ask of us. Please help me accomplish same. Any questions drop me a line. FYI as of this posting we three (3) double up sites.

Uncle Mikes lunch. John and Kathy Roader have laid the initial ground work for a lunch at Uncle Mike’s in Prattsville. More info on date and time will be forth coming as it develops.

Gumbo Dinner. We are still looking for a volunteer to take over the Gumbo event who would be willing to execute same or other similar culinary activity. If we cannot find one, we will slide the Chili Dump in the Gumbos time slot (TBD).  BTW we also need someone to coordinate/execute the chili event. Requirements are providing the cooking accoutrements e.g. pots, burners etc… and actually cooking the brew. We (GE&H) will provide the crackers, hot sauce, cheese, etc… and the participants will bring a can/batch of their favorite chili for mixing into the combined recipe. I know this sounds questionable but the event has always “sold out” of the mixture. Can you help, please?

Firewood/Campfire. John Roader has taken on this action and he will execute it flawlessly as he always does. John will also coordinate the delivery of a load of wood. We are in need of an above ground fire pit as the park will not allow us to build a fire on the ground in the Pavilion area.

Pot luck. Self explanatory… YUMMY!

Remember we are scaling back scheduled activities to allow for more free ranging by participants. If there is an activity that you would like to see on the schedule (e.g. Egg Parade, crafts, etc…), please let me know and I will integrate into the schedule. I will need your assistance though on the execution portion.

Rig Fees. At this time we do not see a need for a rig fee as the activities that normally are funded are not being planned. However this may change based on the situation. Either way if a rig fee is needed, it will be minimal and based on the actual requirement. Current event expenditures will be funded with remaining funds from prior years events.

T-Shirts. We made T-Shirts for the 2011 and 2012 events and have not done so recently… However a lot of folks asked about them last year. As such if there is an interest in ordering same please advise. Remember the more we order the lower the cost. As always we will get high quality shirts, which as a matter of fact I am still using my 2011 shirts!!

Data call: We are missing an email addy for the following folks:
Site 40 Paul & Reine
Site 54 Fred & Debbie

Once we have those in hand we will periodically send you the updated attendance information. If your desire is NOT to receive same, just let me know. We are trying hard to make this a successful event. Your cooperation in responding to queries is very much appreciated.

I hate to beat this dead horse but… if you have a reservation and have not notified Jean or myself please do so. We would like this info for planning purposes only.

That’s all I’ve got for now… I don’t know if the primary communication medium has changed but I am not seeing a lot of folks on the web sites…?

Best to all. Shorty sends…

Edited by Huevo Movil, 26 September 2015 - 05:10 AM.

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

1999 Coach House 192KS Wide Body, aka "Big Edna"  (Sold, but not forgotten also... :unsure:)
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
- Ronald Reagan

#21 CasitaRick54

CasitaRick54
  • Casita Club Member
  • 212 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17'
  • Trailer Name:La Casita de La Playa

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

I'm in!

Reservation is for Antioch # 76, arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday. Catoma was full.  

E-mail has been sent.

• SKYTALKER likes this

#22 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:09 AM

I'm in!
Reservation is for Antioch # 76, arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday. Catoma was full.  
E-mail has been sent.

Welcome! Best. Shorty sends...

Edited by Huevo Movil, 26 September 2015 - 10:10 AM.

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#23 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:40 AM

Hello fellow Green Eggers!!! I come to you all with hat in hand not asking for $$$ but asking for you to consider volunteering to double up with a fellow participant on Catoma Loop during GE&H VI... Seems that we have a hand full of folks that missed snagging a site on Catoma and are relegated to Antioch loop... Although nice and quite, these folks would like to be closer to the center of activities an that's understandable. If you can find it in your plans to share your site, I would be happy to connect you with them. Let me know if you can help and be on the look out for the next update which is forth coming. As a piece of "insider" information, all is well and moving along nicely. Best to all. Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#24 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,423 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:36 AM

if anyone in catoma loop is willing to share their site, i would be most grateful. our little "sassie cassie" doesn't take up much space. thanks for considering, and thanks, shorty, for interceding on my behalf. claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

Edited by clairemr1, 05 November 2015 - 06:41 AM.

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#25 Beetlefreak

Beetlefreak
  • Casita Club Member
  • 131 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2010 Liberty
  • Interests:Finding a good adventure

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:24 AM

We would be happy to share our site.  I would have offered sooner except for our dogs can be obnoxious to those that don't like dogs.  I know Merlin gets along with Scooter and Gordo so let me know if you would like to share with us.

Larry and Cindy

• clairemr1 likes this
So much fun - So little time
Beetlefreak.com

#26 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:23 AM

We would be happy to share our site.  I would have offered sooner except for our dogs can be obnoxious to those that don't like dogs.  I know Merlin gets along with Scooter and Gordo so let me know if you would like to share with us.

Larry and Cindy

you've got a deal, larry and cindy! i thoroughly enjoyed meeting/camping with you at the ohio rally and look forward to seeing you again at ge@h! merlin just loves loves loves scooter and gordo. i'm sending you a pm now, thanks again for this opportunity. claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#27 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:24 AM

shorty, sending you a pm with my info and share site. thanks so much, claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#28 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:19 AM

shorty, sending you a pm with my info and share site. thanks so much, claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

Roger I have responded to your inquiries on both sites. Thanks Larry and Cindy for helping out!!! Still looking for a few more volunteers... Can you help? Best to all. Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#29 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:30 AM

This post is for Barry & Susie on Site 30 from SC... Could you please send us via PM/email your email addy? That is unless you're wanted by the law and are trying keep a low pro...  :D

Thanks. Best to all. Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#30 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:29 AM

AVAILABLE CATOMA LOOP SITE

Good morning folks. Regrettably we have a participant that has had to cancel his reservation on Catoma Loop and has asked me to offer it up to someone at Antioch Loop. This site will be offered to a participant at Antioch Loop initially. If no one claims it by this coming Sunday it will be offered to all. If you are in Antioch Loop and want to move to Catoma Loop please email or PM me and I will send you the campers contact info. You will be required to comply with all change requirements inclusive of the $10.00 change fee charged by the reservation services. I will not release the campers contact info via this medium. This is a first come, first served action for folks at Antioch Loop. Act fast as availability won’t last long. Best. Shorty sends...

Edited by Huevo Movil, 13 November 2015 - 06:34 AM.

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan