#1 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts
  • Local time: 10:53 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:None att :-(
  • Casita Club Directory #:3089

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:11 AM

Hello everyone! I trust everyone is well and enjoying the hot summer.  Please mark the dates of March 17 – 20, 2016 (Thursday – Sunday) for the GE&H VI extravaganza! We will be returning to Gunter Hill COE for this iteration and look forward to seeing you there as well.

No major changes are planned for the event with the exception that this year we will be returning to the “Free Range” concept. What does that mean? It means that planned activities will be minimal allowing all to relax and mingle. If there is an activity that you feel strongly about, e.g. egg parade, craft time, etc… just let me know and I will schedule it in. However coordination for said activity will be your responsibility. As usual the pot luck and nightly campfires will occur. However any other activities will require a leader/coordinator. More info will be forth coming as the dates approach.

I look forward to seeing you all again at Gunter Hill next year or perhaps on the black top down the road.

Best to all. Shorty sends… :D

Edited by Huevo Movil, 09 August 2015 - 09:21 AM.

• SKYTALKER likes this

Live well, life is very good!!!
Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

2014 Roadtrek 190 Popular,  "Big Edna II"  :D

1999 Coach House 192KS Wide Body, aka "Big Edna"  (Sold, but not forgotten also... :unsure:)
2007 Casita 17' FD - (R/V Huevo Movil - RIP - Died on I-75)
2006 Casita 17' SD - (Sold, but not forgotten!)
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
- Ronald Reagan

#2 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Local time: 11:53 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:42 AM

Yes, time to start thinking a bit about GE&H. Remember you can make reservations 6 months or less before the date you want to check in. So if you want to check in on March 16 you should be able to make reservations on or after Sept. 16, 2015. 

I did not collect name tags at the end of the event last year so folks who attended last March should still have theirs. If not or if you weren't there in 2015 a name tag from another rally or event will be handy. With so many people the name tags are nice to wear. 

The website http://www.borderbra.../ge-h/ge-h.htmlis online. I will be adding information as it becomes available. 

If I am able to travel this winter as I hope I will be on the road starting in January and will be stopping at GE&H on the way back to FL. That means that while I'll have email & internet access, a laptop and all the info needed for the event I don't plan to drag along all the stuff to make up site signs and name tags. 

• SKYTALKER likes this
Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#3 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:53 AM

Hello everyone. As a follow up to the original announcement post for GE&H VI, I provide the following. As previously indicated GE&H VI is a go for 17 – 20 March 2015 at Gunter Hill COE in Montgomery, AL. Come early and stay late, remember reservations can only be made 120 days from planned arrival date.

Regrettably, the “Gumbo” event will not be offered as our culinary experts will not be attending the 2016 event due to prior familial commitments. They will be missed and we look forward to seeing them back at the 2017 event! As such, I would like to canvas the group and see if there is anyone out there in the either that would like to take the lead on the Gumbo event? As a matter of fact it does not have to be Gumbo but can be whatever you decide to cook up. If you are interested in assuming this event/actions please PM or email me so we can address the specifics. In the absence of anyone stepping up to the plate to assume the Gumbo event, we will slide the equally as tasty “Chili Dump” in its place. Both events need someone to spearhead them, so please let me know if you can help with one or the other...

Also if anyone wants to assume the reigns for any other events e.g. egg parade, crafts, etc… let me know. I know we are 6 months out, plus or minus but March will be upon us before we know it!!!

Best to all. Shorty sends…

• SKYTALKER likes this

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

1999 Coach House 192KS Wide Body, aka "Big Edna"  (Sold, but not forgotten also... :unsure:)
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
- Ronald Reagan

#4 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:59 AM

September 2015 Update

Greeting fellow “Eggers.” I trust this missive finds you well and ready to start enjoying the fall season. WRT GE&H VI, I spoke with the park manager yesterday and informed him of our plans to conduct our event at Gunter Hill (17 – 20 Mar 16). He seemed pleased and was very welcoming. A few changes and issues we discussed are addressed below.

Doubling Up: I received verbal authorization for doubling up. However doubling up will only be utilized as a reserve option. That means that the entire Catoma loop must be sold out before we start doubling people up. This action, although some will argue against, mitigates the amount of interface required with the park manager and park hosts, more importantly it also reduces a good deal of confusion. If/when doubling up is activated each double up action will be handled individually.

Reservations: I spoke with the camp hosts at the front desk and they informed me that they have been fielding a high number of calls regarding reservations… Folks here is the official bottom line on this topic: Reservations can only be made 120 days out from your intended arrival date. Period. As an example I intend to arrive on 16 Mar 16, so the earliest that I can make a reservation is on/about 18 Nov 15. If you have any questions or need further information feel free to email me or call me. As an aside the campground front office/gate cannot make reservations for you. Reservations can be made at www.recreation.gov and/or www.reserveamerica.gov .

As previously posted we are limiting our planned events this year to the Pot Luck on Saturday, nightly camp fire, and the chili dump. If you desire other planned activities we can schedule them but I will need for you to assume responsibility for execution of same. Let me know if you are willing to undertake any e.g. egg parade, crafts, tech talks, etc… As of today we will need assistance (e.g. volunteers) to handle the following:

Chili dump coordinator/team members
Camp fire coordinator
Pot luck coordinator/team members

The duties for these positions are fairly simple and will not require inordinate amount of time on your part. However they do make the event much more enjoyable for all. Respectfully request your assistance in volunteering to help. I’m sure we will have another successful event and I look forward to seeing you all again. More info will be provided as the situation develops.

Please feel free to contact me via the medium of your choice e.g. PM, email, post, phone call if you have any questions. I know English is my second language so if I have confused any issue contact me and I will clarify.

Thanks to all. Enjoy the fall season. Best Shorty sends…

Edited by Huevo Movil, 04 September 2015 - 03:59 AM.

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#5 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:55 AM

September 2015 Update - Correction

Oh oh… seems that the reservation window is 6 months out from date of arrival not 4 months out as previously posted. Apologize for this misinformation.

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#6 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

When you make a reservation please email me at borderbrae@aol.com or Shorty . There are email links for both of us on the website. This will be handier for us instead of having lots to posts on the forums with your site numbers. 

Repeat attendees, I'll need your name and site number, arrival date and a current email address if you've changed it since the rally last March. 

New folks, I'd appreciate your name(s), home state, arrival date, email addressed screen name on the forums. I also suggest you visit the website. Feel free to ask questions but before you ask please read through the thread since your question(s) may have been answered in other posts. 

Jean
2000 SD 17'

#7 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:52 AM

ALERT! Recently someone sent an email to a  few past GE&H attendees. This looked like it was from Shorty but it was NOT. There was a link in it, I hope no one opened it!  Shorty and I will not be sending out very many emails about the event and certainly not this early. When/if we do the subject will contain GE&H in it and there will not be any links.

We ask that you check the website at http://www.borderbra.../ge-h/ge-h.htmlto get information as time goes on. 

Jean
2000 SD 17'

#8 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:50 AM

Hello folks, hope everyone is well. John and Kathy Roader provided the link for reservations to the Hyundai plant tour and I am posting here for your use ( http://www.hmmausa.com/?page_id=151). The tour is real nice as described by John. Interaction at the web site is extremely easy but it appears that availability for the tours is in high demand. Enjoy. Thanks John and Kathy!!!

Best. Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#9 SKYTALKER

SKYTALKER
  • Casita Club Member
  • 294 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 2008 17'
  • Interests:Ham Radio, camping, fishing, sightseeing

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:44 AM

Wow... sites are going fast... I waited 30 minutes after the 10 am start time for Sunday arrival and was too late for the site I wanted.  Sites are filling fast in Catoma.  We are in site 57, March 13 thru 21.

Edited by SKYTALKER, 13 September 2015 - 12:08 PM.

Maynard and Jacquie
ARS: KJ4P
2008 Spirit Deluxe 17'
2009 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner V6

Take only Pictures, Leave only footprints, Kill only time.

#10 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:30 AM

Add me to the list!! Site 48, Monday through Sunday.

Best. Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#11 JerryC

JerryC
  • Casita Club Member
  • 541 posts
  • Local time: 09:53 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2016 ID
  • Interests:Sightseeing, Hiking, Geocaching, Hot Air Ballooning, Touring this great country in our Casita.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:03 AM

Shows non available at 10AM on Monday morning. Oh well...

Jerry & Wanda
2016 ID
Deep South
Sometimes home, but mostly gone
http://eggrollings.blogspot.com/

#12 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

Shows non available at 10AM on Monday morning. Oh well...

Hum... I logged on at 09:10 CST and was able to secure a site. Seems like there were maybe 10 - 15 left from Monday through Sunday. Hope all is well.

C ya soon. Best. Shorty sends..,.

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#13 JerryC

JerryC
  • Casita Club Member
  • 541 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2016 ID
  • Interests:Sightseeing, Hiking, Geocaching, Hot Air Ballooning, Touring this great country in our Casita.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:25 AM

Funny, Showed non available in Catoma, only Antioch, when I was logged in. Logged out and it showed some available in Catoma. Snagged one of the last few. Thanks for the info Shorty. I probably wouldn't have looked again if not for your reply.

Jerry & Wanda
2016 ID
Deep South
Sometimes home, but mostly gone
http://eggrollings.blogspot.com/

#14 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:27 AM

Funny, Showed non available in Catoma, only Antioch, when I was logged in. Logged out and it showed some available in Catoma. Snagged one of the last few. Thanks for the info Shorty. I probably wouldn't have looked again if not for your reply.

Glad it worked out. What do you expect it's a web site run by the "G!"

If there's a harder way to do it, they haven't found it yet, but they are looking!

Best. Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#15 Ed/Helen Pensacola

Ed/Helen Pensacola
  • Casita Club Member
  • 59 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:16' Spirit Delux

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:53 AM

Any thoughts on going back to Uncle Mick's?