19 replies to this topic

#16 RC39206

RC39206
  • Casita Club Member
  • 29 posts
  • Local time: 02:51 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

Frugal Ways,

I went to the factory after studying the brochures.  They had all three models there.  Could walk all in and around them.  For the people that are far away call the factory and they have a list of people  who  have Casitas that are willing to show them to  people.  Maybe there would be some close to you.  We thought too, about the Spirit Deluxe, being able to have a separate bed, but the ability of being able to sleep beside one another or separate with the twins made the LD the only choice for us.  Neither one of us wanted to crawl over the other one for a midnight trip to the bathroom.  Also on the Freedom Deluxe, I have heard that you cannot have the outside shower option, because there is no place to put it in that model.  The wait at the factory is about 3 months.  We got ours shortly after we started looking because (1) every time I called about a used one it was already sold, (2) I had asked my sales person, Carla Poarch, to let me know if a used one came in or there was a cancellation.  She called me about a cancellation and I put my deposit down a few hours later.   If I had waited I know it would have been gone. God made a way.  Wish you well. Love this egg.  Rick

#17 RC39206

RC39206
  • Casita Club Member
  • 29 posts
  • Local time: 02:51 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

Ju87g1  

I agree with yoyosma.  Hotels could have bedbugs, you have your  own bathroom your own food, your own privacy, no noisy guests above or beside you and  no doors slamming all night.  Also, I've been camping for many years, I'm just a newbie to Casitas.  I would much rather wake up with a view of  the Tetons in Yellowstone or in Glacier National Park or even be close to the Grand Canyon.  Your view from a hotel is a street in a city with a sidewalk.  You and your wife's business, but I will take the peace and quiet of a campground every time.  Wish you well.  Y'all will work it out.  Also the money you spend in the hotel is gone.  If you buy a Casita and don't like it, sell it and get your money back.  I plan on going solo too,  if my wife doesn't want to go , she already said that's fine.  With as small as this trailer is, one person can easily handle it, compared to the 25 ft like I used to have.  Happy Camping, Rick

#18 Fun Sized

Fun Sized
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 33 posts
  • Local time: 03:51 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 SD 17
  • Trailer Name:Fun Sized

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

RC3906,  Good to hear about your purchase and travel experiences.  The used market does appear too hot.  It looks like the sellers have the upper hand.  Not good for a frugal shopper.

#19 Fun Sized

Fun Sized
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 33 posts
  • Local time: 03:51 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 SD 17
  • Trailer Name:Fun Sized

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:49 AM

I purchased a "like new" 2013 Casita SD 17 on Thursday! It was purchased from its original owner at below my target price. It is in immaculate condition, no wear or even signs of use. It had all the hard to add options from my wish list including vinyl flooring, load D tires, high lift axle, refrigerator vent, and outside shower. It also has the flatscreen DVD TV, cable wiring, aftermarket microwave, sink cover, LED lights, and sway bar. I had to travel quite far to get a great deal, but we made an adventure out of the trip. We drove straight through to pick it up and came home slowly with a layover at a beautiful campground in Pensacola FL. Mrs. Frugal and I are elated with our new Casita!

• SoloMatt likes this

#20 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Local time: 04:51 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:58 AM

Good for you!! Please update your info now. I look forward to seeing you somewhere on the road. 

Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com