• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,277 posts
  • Local time: 11:21 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:37 PM

Normally I don’t report single Casitas on the road any longer. After all, there now so many of us, ho hum ;-

But five Casitas in three days in northern NM is still fun to mention.  One in Pagosa Springs, two in the Chama area; I followed one uphill to Tierra Amarilla yesterday afternoon. And today one Casita turned right in front of me into the woods high up on 64 between T.A. and Taos.  And I mean high up. Highway 64 has a long climb with some super vistas on top. Heavily wooded area and very green because of abundant spring rains.  Beautiful country.

Dutchman

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#2 MMoe

MMoe
  • Casita Club Member
  • 318 posts
  • Local time: 01:21 AM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:22 PM

Dutchman:

I wish one of them wouild have been ME!

Moe
2009 17' FD (now a FreeSpirit)
2008 Avalanche

#3 debandsue

debandsue
  • Casita Club Member
  • 12 posts
  • Local time: 06:21 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Spirit Deluxe

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

Dutchman,

Sue and I wish one of them had been us as well (just so we could see you again). We can't seem to get out of southern New Mexico

We are in Lakewood, NM at the Escapees Ranch and just a few days ago, another Casita pulled. Ohhh, the mods on that beauty.

Deborah and Sue

#4 Tampa Rick

Tampa Rick
  • Casita Club Member
  • 133 posts
  • Local time: 07:21 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:00

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:02 AM

I got a three-sighting the other day at St Augustine, FL (and Anastasia State Park).  One honked at me while driving by near I-95 (I stopped for lunch, gas)......that one looked fully suited with all kinds of upgrades. I think it was being towed by a sharp looking F-150. The other was from Illinois. They were in the next campsite from me. I yelled over through the vegetation "Nice camper".....I don't think they realized I also owned one. The went about their merry way and didn't appear to want to interact......anyway they were from Illinois.  Starting to see more and more of Casitas down in this FL territory at state parks and major thoroughfare/interstates......