11 replies to this topic

#1 SoloMatt

SoloMatt
  • Casita Club Member
  • 273 posts
  • Local time: 07:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:13' PD

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:38 AM

Hey folks - here's a video tour of my 2014 Patriot Deluxe!  Hope this is helpful to people interested in the 13' model.... enjoy!

• sandyb12, FloridaJohn and Lazy-B like this

#2 Cathy P.

Cathy P.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 08:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Looking

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:20 AM

The link is "private".  Could anyone view it?

#3 C.FiberglassFreedom

C.FiberglassFreedom
  • Casita Club Member
  • 253 posts
  • Local time: 10:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:SD, 17

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:10 AM

Unfortunately he made all his video's private.  

#4 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,301 posts
  • Local time: 09:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

looks like solomatt has permanently left the building. he's removed all content from his "tinyrvlife" blog. if you're interested in the patriot deluxe, bex cat-herder has a video tour of her 1985 trailer on you-tube. look for "casita dulce casa" video blog 1. keep in mind this is a 1985 trailer. everything seems to still be in the same location, however. enjoy...............

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#5 flcoxjr

flcoxjr
  • Casita Club Member
  • 200 posts
  • Local time: 10:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2015 Spirit Deluxe 17

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

Last I heard he was working in Asia/Middle East.  See post #9 of the following link to another thread on this forum.

http://www.casitaclu...tt/?hl=solomatt

#6 Cathy P.

Cathy P.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:02 PM

I started following "Casita Dulce Casa" a few months ago.  Actually, that is what got me intrigued about the Patriot.  The fact that hers is older is impressive.  I just saw the one where she had the C composting toilet put in.  I am doing the comparison thing between Scamp and Casita.  I can guess the opinion here would probably lean heavily in the direction of the Casita.  I overthink everything so decisions take until I get fed up and just pick something.

I have just started reading here at this forum.  Thank you so much for your responses.

#7 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:06 AM

cathy, where are you located? if in texas, the factory has a 2015 patriot deluxe ready for a june pick up that you can look at. i'm currently working with the COE on lake bardwell, tx and have a 2013 PD i could show you. if you're not local, you can call the factory and see if they can refer a PD owner in your area willing to show theirs to you. or you might find one at a rally that you attend. they are the rarest of the casitas. i absolutely love mine, yesterday was my 2nd anniversary with "sassie cassie". bought her feb 1, 2014.

the PD is everything i want and nothing i don't want/need, easy to tow, set up, i get fantastic gas mileage, offers all the comforts of home. i've looked at scamps, but much preferred the looks of the casita. the other advantages for me include having the rice factory only 90 min from my home, jim at OMW is 4 miles from me and i've met tons of the most helpful texas casita owners, many of whom have become great friends.

i don't think you'll regret getting the casita. let us know what you decide to do...........................

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#8 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,374 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:00 AM

Last I heard he was working in Asia/Middle East.  See post #9 of the following link to another thread on this forum.

http://www.casitaclu...tt/?hl=solomatt

Yanni Tour, concert at the Pyramids in Egypt

Clover

• U.S.M.C. Don likes this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#9 Cathy P.

Cathy P.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:18 AM

Thanks, Clover and clairemr1.  I'm in KS.  Equally far from most of civilization.  Right now, I'm going back and forth between the 13' and the 16'.  I have an adult son with Down syndrome and he is wanting to move to residential and if that goes through, the 13' makes more sense for me.  As soon as I work this out, I'll be ready to move forward and hopefully, that will be in the next 3 or 4 months.  If seems I have been waiting forever.  Have had all kinds of RVs in the past, right now have a nice pop-up but at 61, I can see it isn't the fun it was with the first pop-up over 30 years ago and crawling on the floor, lying down to get something from the back of the cabinets takes away from the energy I want to expend hiking through the campground.

I have been able to locate a couple of other walk-thru youtube.  

Edited by Cathy P., 02 February 2016 - 04:18 PM.

#10 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:04 AM

cathy, the ONLY difference between the 13ft PD and 16ft SD is the PD doesn't have a small side table/seating for 2 on the drivers side next to the bathroom. because it doesn't have that table/seating, it has a split galley, cookstove/sink in that area and microwave/pantry just to the left of the door. that makes it 13ft and not 16ft,. everything else, airplane door/no screen/refrigerator/16g fresh water tank/13g gray water/15g black tank/bathroom/ac under closet/shorter closet/are all the same. the PD dry weight is 1880lbs, the 16ft SD dry weight is 2180lbs, so about 300lbs dry weight difference.

i decided i would happily give up that side table/seating in favor of the split galley. i replaced the casita table/2 metal poles with plywood and a folding personal table from walmart. i can convert my double bed to seating for 4 in less than 2 minutes. the walmart table adjusts to 3 heights and can be moved forward/back/side to side and even put against the back window, for ease of seating. i also removed and stored the bathroom door and love the light and added roominess now. the shower curtain keeps all water inside the bathroom where it belongs.

if you ever think you'll take your son along, you'll probably want the 16ft, since the side table can convert to a single bed. if it will be just you, i'd highly recommend the patriot deluxe.

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#11 Cathy P.

Cathy P.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:53 PM

Thank you clairmr1, good information.  My son is almost 30 years old, so if he does decide to go into residential services, I don't see him moving back.  He has become too big of responsibility at this point.  I do have a senior dog that would be my traveling companion and Rinnie loves to camp!  I would really like to have the 13' rather than the 16'.  I am actually waiting to hear from the state about options for my son to go into residential.  Should be soon.  

#12 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:32 PM

cathy, get EXACTLY what you want! if you want the 13ft PD, get it! you won't regret it. i love mine and my little schnoodle dog loves it too. it's the perfect sized trailer for me. let us know when you take the leap and get yours. best of luck to you, hope to meet/camp with you somewhere/sometime.................

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tour, video, inside, patriot