• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen Bennett

Stephen Bennett
  • Casita Club Member
  • 16 posts
  • Local time: 02:22 PM

Posted 10 September 2003 - 05:35 PM

let me be first to use this new area. We can hardly wait for 27 more days to pick up our "Egg Roll". we live in Raeford N. C. and
hope to meet many of you in the months and years to come. We Sold our Scamp 13 a month and a half ago so we are grounded for now. All our friends blow their horns at us as they leave to go camping. Tain't hardly fair! :huh:
Stephen and Laverne Bennett
Raeford, NC. 28376
2004 SD 17
2003 Ford Ranger 3.0 V-6 with automatic
WD hitch and sway bar

#2 Richard & Maggie

Richard & Maggie
  • Casita Club Member
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 03:22 PM

Posted 11 September 2003 - 05:57 AM

Stephen...Know how you feel ....We just picked ours up last month and haveve been out twice since then...We are planning a trip to the Carolinas in October to see the color changes in the trees...We don't get to see that in Miami...Always green down here....Where is Raeford????We'll be heading into the Parkway...Keep a look out for a 17 .....

#3 Stephen Bennett

Stephen Bennett
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:14 AM

Thanks for the reply. Raeford is about twenty miles west from the Saint Pauls exit on rt 95. It is a straight shot on rt 20 from
Saint paul to Raeford. We are about 25 miles south west of Fayetteville. We will be keeping our eyes open for any 17's. Hope you have a realy great trip. If you are going near here
we would be glad for you to hook up over night. I can give you
water and electric but I don't have any sewer connection yet.
If you need them I will give you directions to our house.
Raeford, NC. 28376
2004 SD 17
WD hitch and sway bar

#4 Patrick and Bettye

Patrick and Bettye
  • Casita Club Member
  • 690 posts
  • Local time: 05:22 PM
  • Interests:Family. My wife, Bettye, our three grown children, our 5 grandchildren, our yorkshire terrier, Toto. <br><br>Travel for work and for fun, playing drums (not Bettye's favorite) and some outdoor sports: camping, fishing, competition shooting and reloading (I don't normally hunt for bloodsport, but I'm interested in boar hunting). <br><br>Writing, photography, chess, reading...a healthy debate. <br>Life. Faith.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1361

Posted 11 September 2003 - 11:17 AM

This is great, a regional forum! :huh:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd sure prefer Casita get-togethers a little closer than Northern California, which seems to be the direction some folks are leaning (or pulling) for the 2004 Casitafest. Maybe we can plan something regional for those of us in the Southeast. In any case, it's good to know our Casita neighbors and we're looking forward to meeting you all in the coming months and years.
Patrick and Bettye Miller
and Toto, the traveling wonder dog!
'04 17' SD 'Eggy-boy' #1361

On the Western slope...
OK...so I only thought Cheaha was a mountain!

#5 jwb

jwb
  • Casita Club Member
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 06:09 PM

It would be great to have a rally in the Southeast. Although a longtime RV'r I just picked my 17' Spirit up this spring. Among other trips in it, I spent about two months and 10,000 miles this summer up in Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin and points in between. In October I'll spend about a week in the Smokies.

I am very impressed with my Casita.

Lets plan a getogether!

Jack Binns
2000 Silverado

#6 Stephen Bennett

Stephen Bennett
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 11:09 AM

Well the wait is over. We will leave NC. tomorrow at 4 AM and hopefully arive in Rice Monday afternoon and pick up or 17 SD early on Tuesday morning the 7th of Oct. We are going to take our time and return across interstate 10 and then back up 95. We will take our time and return about 7 days after our pickup.
That will give us some nice camping places along the way. Hope to meet you in a campground one day soon.

Stephen and Laverne Bennett :rolleyes:
Raeford, NC. 28376
2004 SD 17
WD hitch and sway bar

#7 Patrick and Bettye

Patrick and Bettye
  • Casita Club Member
  • 690 posts
  • Local time: 05:22 PM
  • Interests:Family. My wife, Bettye, our three grown children, our 5 grandchildren, our yorkshire terrier, Toto. <br><br>Travel for work and for fun, playing drums (not Bettye's favorite) and some outdoor sports: camping, fishing, competition shooting and reloading (I don't normally hunt for bloodsport, but I'm interested in boar hunting). <br><br>Writing, photography, chess, reading...a healthy debate. <br>Life. Faith.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1361

Posted 04 October 2003 - 05:49 PM

Stephen and Laverne....
Enjoy the trip, and your new Casita! Bettye and I will have to wait until the 27th...and we're already getting the gear together!

Have a great time, and we also look forward to meeting you in a campground soon.

Patrick
Patrick and Bettye Miller
and Toto, the traveling wonder dog!
'04 17' SD 'Eggy-boy' #1361

On the Western slope...
OK...so I only thought Cheaha was a mountain!