11 replies to this topic

#1 Paula

Paula
  • Rally Organizer
  • 38 posts
  • Local time: 12:15 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

:D Mark your calendars and then join us at the beautiful Lake Casitas in the Ojai Valley for our annual Fiberglass Rally.

The dates for our Rally this year will be  Thursday through Monday, October 29-November 2nd, 2015

Some folks come early and stay late, as they can and you're welcome to do the same.

So mark your calendars for now and when I find out when we can call for camping reservations, I will post this for everyone.

Paula

• jandvis likes this

#2 Paula

Paula
  • Topic Starter
  • Rally Organizer
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:33 PM

Hi Rally Friends,

6 months and counting till our Fiberglass Rally in the serene Ojai Valley at Lake Casitas, CA.

We'll be in the BASS section like last year and we did fill up so please call or go online to get the space you like. Online is a map of BASS for you to choose your site number.

The Lake Casitas reservation office is open from 8am-3pm Monday-Friday and closed on Saturdays and Sunday.  Call M-F 805.649.1122 or online @

Reservations are made exactly 6 months in advance and the following is what the Lake office said:

Call May 1 or go online to reserve a site for Tuesday Oct 27
Go online May 2 to reserve a site for Wednesday Oct 28
Go online May 3 to reserve a site for Thursday Oct 29
Call or go online May 4 to reserve a site for  Friday Oct 30
If you are coming in Oct 30 or later call or go online May 5th

Thanks to each and everyone of you from last years Rally who joined us!  You generously shared your expertise, helped in all our activities including clean up after each event and now you want to do this again?!  Yep I can relate!  See you soon!

Paula

#3 Dave & Elizabeth

Dave & Elizabeth
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:22 PM

Paula,

Made reservation for Oct 28 thru Oct 31 (Wednesday thru Saturday).

We will be in site #45.

Did you send out an e-mail about this rally?  I did not get one.

I was checking for parts on Casita web site and noticed the rally by accident. I know from past experience we had to reserve in May.

Thanks,

Dave & Elizabeth

#4 Paula

Paula
  • Topic Starter
  • Rally Organizer
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:26 PM

Hi everyone
I know some of you have gotten your reservation because you let us know. 38 families have notified me and Jim J is kind enough to keep our roster in order. I'm sure you've been meaning to let us know you're coming, right? Please do this so we can notify you when we have updates for our Rally

Here are the names and sites that are reserved so far, as of 10/23/15:

B2 Barbara & Frank
B3 Doug & Mary
B4 Reed and Karen
B5 Martha & Wolf
B6 Steve and Leslie
B7 Alan & Jeanne
B8 Federick and Robert
B9 Rick & Nancy
B10 Walt
B12 Sandy
B13 Wayne and Suzie
B15 Alan and Cindy
B16 Les & Carole
B17 Nancy & Jack
B20 Tim
B22 Charlie & Christine
B23 Cliff
B24 Bob & Jackie
B25 Lori and Jane
B26 Chris
B27 Paulette & Dan
B31 Mark
B39 John & Mieko
B40 Wes and Debbie
B41 Paula
B42 Jeanne & Paul
B43 Al and Nancy
B44 Eugene & Barbara
B45 Dave and Elizabeth
B46 Robert & Cleette
B47 Vince and Gretchen
B48 Jim and Carolyn
B57 Philip & Helen
B60 Donald & Cathy
A3 Linnith & David
C2 Howard & Kim
C12 Lee & Nyla

Please contact me or Jim J if you're not on this list.....thanks!
Paula 
  :rofl2: JUST ONE MORE THING: Please email me the day you'll be arriving and departing THANKS

#5 Philip Jones & Helen Quiocho

Philip Jones & Helen Quiocho
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 11:15 AM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

Philip Jones & Helen Quiocho

17' Casita, Spirit Deluxe

Space B57

3 nights: 30 - 31 Oct & 01 Nov leaving Mon 02 Nov

no pets

#6 Paula

Paula
  • Topic Starter
  • Rally Organizer
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

HI Philip and Helen

Thanks for the update!

See you soon.

Paula

#7 Paula

Paula
  • Topic Starter
  • Rally Organizer
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:37 PM

Our RALLY is right around the corner!

A big part of our Rally are the planned "discussions". Folks love to learn new ways of doing things or hear about a trip you were on and how it went. Please share your wisdom and experiences with us!

A couple of things.......Our Rally has always run so smooth because of the fantastic work you campers put into it. You know we can't do it without you! So please don't be shy and step up to help with the activities and events that keep it happening!

Discussions, workshops, events...we love these! Pick a topic, time that works for you and tell me what it is, so I can put it on our itinerary

Some events we need your help with:
Open House/Friday 10:30-11:30AM/Saturday 10:30-11:30AM/ rigs with DOORS open
Set up tables & cloths/anytime Thurs or Fri/ grassy area
Barbara ROCKS of the world/Friday 1PM/ Space #44
Weiner roast/Camp Fire/Friday 530PM /space # 41
Talking Stick after the Weiner roast/ Friday 6ish/WHO will start this? Who has the Talking Stick?
For Sale/Free/Trade / Friday 1:30-3:30pm Grassy area /Bring your no longer RVing or camping items for others "treasures"
Ice Cream Social / Saturday 130PM/Tables
Halloween Pet Parade / Saturday 245PM space #?
Saturday potluck /Tables/500PM
Saturday/Sunday set your clocks BACK one hour
Sunday Luncheon / @ Tables/ Noon/
clean up the grassy area and remove table cloths-let's leave it in better shape than when we arrived!

Roster (Jim J has this covered like a pro)
bring your Rally name badge (if you need a new one let me know)
bring wood for great campfires #41
weighing rigs?? I'd love to see this return, and:
sour dough starter
Dutch Oven cooking
I know you've got a skill or love of something while camping that you'd like to share with us. Please let's hear from you!!!
Remember helping and volunteering is one of the best ways to meet folks and make new friends!
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Paula in B41

#8 Casita Bella

Casita Bella
  • Casita Club Member
  • 17 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:1998 SD17
  • Interests:Photography, kayaking, needlepoint, real estate, terriers, word games.
  • Trailer Name:Casita Bella

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:01 AM

Paula,

I have a new email address (former one was hacked and is now busily sending doG-knows-what around the globe): nancyrwolfing@gmail.com. Please be so kind as to update your roster - I'd hate to miss anything pertinent!
Nancy & Al Wolfing + Tai (Ancient and Extraordinary Jack Russell Terrorist) & Molly (curly girl Pumi)
San Diego, California

#9 Marianne

Marianne
  • Rally Organizer
  • 317 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

Sorry, but Bill and I will not be able to attend the 2015 Lake Casitas Rally. Our reservations are for, arriving Wednesday 10/28/2015 and departing Monday 11/02/2015.

If someone is looking for a site or wants to switch to the Bass campground please send us a message. We then can coordinate our cancellation, with you making a reservation, allowing you to pick up our site.

Bill & Marianne
Silicon Valley, CA
2009 Casita "Little White House" Liberty Deluxe
TV: 2016 Ram 'Big White Truck" Outdoorsman EcoDiesel
Next Trip: 14th Annual FiberglassRV Rally @ San Lorenzo Park, King City, CA - May 4 - May 8 2017

#10 Casita Bella

Casita Bella
  • Casita Club Member
  • 17 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:1998 SD17
  • Interests:Photography, kayaking, needlepoint, real estate, terriers, word games.
  • Trailer Name:Casita Bella

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

We have the original back cushions for Casita Bella (17' SD) - blue-ish original upholstery fabric and in amazingly good condition.  If someone coming to the rally wants them (free - did I mention free?) we will bring them along, just let me know.

Nancy & Al Wolfing + Tai (Ancient and Extraordinary Jack Russell Terrorist) & Molly (curly girl Pumi)
San Diego, California

#11 Paula

Paula
  • Topic Starter
  • Rally Organizer
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:54 PM

Hi everyone,
By now you've received the itinerary for our Rally. If not then I don't have your email and you'll need to send it to me. This is a brief summary of what fun we'll be doing:

Welcome to our 14th Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas
Check in time is 2pm. You may be able to occupy your campsite earlier if its vacant.
The entry gate is locked at night. Arriving late?? Call and ask what time they lock the gate-805.649.1122
Please bring your name tag and wear it so folks can get to know you. Everyone loves to be called by their name.
If youre new, or need a name tag youll find one at Paulas in # B-41. Come on over and get one.
Please bring firewood to B-20. Nightly campfires around 5:30 and hope to see you there!
If we have enough wood morning campfires are a treat too! Volunteers will be welcome to help with the fire.remember this is your Rally!
*As the sun goes down around 6 so does the warm air. Bring a jacket or blanket to keep warm!
Please bring your chair and small table for all happy hours, meals, campfires and activities.
The big tables with tablecloths will be for serving food only.
Please dont tempt your pets by bringing them around the food tables. This is a courtesy to them and us.
Youre cooperation is what makes this a great campout!

THURSDAY-10/29
4:00 Happy Hour @ site # B41-Paula
Bring your favorite appetizer to share and something to wash it down with.
5:30 Campfire @ # B20
Talking Stick-Hosted by Frank-well make a big circle around the campfire and pass the Stick. Whoever has the stick gets to talk and everyone else listens. The person with the Stick introduces themselves, and shares with the group, i.e.: campsite #, home town, years attending Rally, a little about themselves, etc.
Please remember your chair and a small table

FRIDAY-10/30-Decorate your rigs for a fun scary Halloween weekend!
11:00-12:00 Open House/trailers/rigs. Show off your rig and help others learn the tricks of the camping lifestyle.
1:00-2:30 FOR SALE Items/Trade/Free.. Bring your camping treasures you no want and set up on the big grassy area near the tables. Folks can walk around and see whats for sale, trade or free.
2:30-3:30 @ B2 Travel Tips & Tricks 1.0 class with Frank
5:30 Weiner Roast site #B20. Campfire starts by 5pm. Bring roasting sticks, hot dogs, buns, plates, condiments, utensils, and something yummy to share. Please remember chairs and small table.

SATURDAY 10/31-Happy Halloween! Let the Party continue.
10:00-@ B44- Barbara shows her collection of Picture Rocks
10:30-12:00 Open House/trailer/rigs
12:30 Ice Cream Potluck at the big tables. Please bring toppings at 12:15 and ice cream at 12:30 to the tables. Please help serve and clean up. This is an Ice Cream Potluck. Bring ice cream, frozen yogurt, toppings, fruit of any kind, cookies, cupcakes, candy or anything youd like as a topping. Ill supply bowls, spoons, napkins, serving spoons and aprons for the servers.
1:00-2:00 For Sale Items on the Big Grassy area.
2:00-3:00 @ B2 Travel Tips & Tricks 2.0 with Frank
3:00 Halloween Pet Parade & Trick or Treat ..Join Wes & Debbie @ B40 and their pets for a stroll around the BASS section. Dress you and/or your pets for Halloween and let the fun begin! Bring your trick or treats to share with others..

5:30 POT LUCK begins. Please bring your yummy dishes at (5:25) this witching hour and place on the big tables. Well all dig in promptly at 530! No cheating-the witch is watching you!
A suggestions was made to put a label with the description on your dish to let others know what is in your creation. What a great idea!
Campfire to follow @ B20 Smores?
Please remember your chair and small table.

FALL BACK one hour. Remember to set your clocks back one hour when you go to bed and get an extra hour of sleep tonight!

SUNDAY-11/1
11:00 Survivors Brunch/Lunch @ dining tables
Bring your yummy leftovers or new creations to share.
Good byes & hugs and well make plans for our next campout with new and returning camping friends!
5:00 Potluck at the tables. Lets enjoy the early sunset (5:45) at dinnertime!
Campfire, but of course!

MONDAY-11/2
Staying/leaving? So much to do and see in the beautiful Ojai Valley! Barts books? Drive up hwy 33 for spectacular views-maybe stop at Bodees or the Deer Lodge for lunch? 2nd hand stores in Ventura, Carpentaria and Santa Barbara. Take a boat ride on the lake or maybe just sit under an oak tree and watch the clouds go by.

The above itinerary will be posted at site # B41. We ask that you print a copy for your daily reference and keep it with you. Extra copies will not be available.
Check out time is 12:00 noon whatever day you depart. Lake Casitas is strict on departure time from your site. If you want to stay longer, for the day, just check at the kiosk for day rates.

Happy and safe travels to you all. Hope to see you next year at Lake Casitas for the 2016 Fiberglass Rally!
Many thanks to each and everyone for keeping this great Rally going. This is your Rally so step up, speak up, share your creative ideas and volunteer! Any input is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks to Jim J. for keeping our list of attendees and emergency data.. Youre the best!

If you've never attended a Fiberglass Rally you're more than welcome to visit us for the day and see what we're all about! You can send me a PM (private message) and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about our Rally.

Happy travels!
Paula

#12 Paula

Paula
  • Topic Starter
  • Rally Organizer
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:07 AM

What a great weekend! It's always so much fun meeting new folks and getting together with our camping buddies! You guys out-did-it this year!

I loved all the suggestions folks made and we put into action. The instantly made Tangle art class hosted by Karen, the 2nd night of the Talking Stick suggested by Barbara and hosted by Frank, the rap sessions Saturday afternoon and by the campfire hosted by Dan, Rick, Nancy and Paulette (I hope I didn't miss anyone and got these names right). What fun having these new events to our Rally! This is what it's all about.....folks sharing your love of what you do and what talents you have, with us. I can't wait to see what 2016 brings.

Many thanks to those who stepped up and shared this year, with us, the many events we had. Nothing goes unnoticed and we appreciate all the efforts from everyone! I heard many comments that this rally is the best and has a lot more activities than any others that folks have attended. This is all because of folks like yourself who step up to the plate! Jim J, our personal welcoming committee, and for keeping our Rally Lists straight (so I could deliver these messages to you), Franks Tips and Tricks and Talking Stick intro, the evening fires, whether they are Tim's wood (for our Wiener Roast) or Les n Carole's propane, picking up and removing trash from our tables area, the Pet Parade, all the help with the Ice Cream Potluck, Barbara's Rock collection, 4-sale items, Open Houses, Potlucks n Happy Hours. I'm sure I've missed mentioning some events but not the fun that we all had. All of these are made possible by YOU! And WE all graciously thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Mark you calendars NOW! Next year's Rally will be October 20-24th, 2016.

We were blessed this year with a lot of new folks. For those folks that couldn't make it this year, we hope you'll join us in 2016.

Have the best rest of this year and may your travels all be fun and safe!

Paula​ ​

Attached Thumbnails

• phone pics to 11 2 15 2200.jpg
  • phone pics to 11 2 15 2224.jpg
  • phone pics to 11 2 15 2253.jpg