• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lynn & Cindy

Lynn & Cindy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 10:31 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2014 Spirit Deluxe 17ft
  • Interests:Drawing & Artwork, Photography, Building things from metal, Hiking and Travel

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

I enjoy art and photography and you can usually find me doodling or drawing on just about anything from napkins at restaurants to flaps on cardboard boxes.  I like all types of artwork but I suppose for one reason or another I'm partial to pencil drawing.  Just wondering if there may be other Casita owners with similar interest.  Lynn

Attached File  DPB 001.jpg   136.2KB   4 downloadsAttached File  DPB 002.jpg   223.79KB   3 downloadsAttached File  DPB 003.jpg   173.64KB   4 downloadsAttached File  DPB 004.jpg   68.93KB   4 downloadsAttached File  DPB 005.jpg   189.75KB   5 downloads

My uncle Howard's old John Deere tractor, a horse named Spirit Wind, A Kenworth truck I call "Highway Messenger", Sunshine, and a drawing called "Broken Spur"..

• Meadowlark, PerfectCasita, Wally Z and 1 other like this

#2 SoloMatt

SoloMatt
  • Casita Club Member
  • 273 posts
  • Local time: 08:31 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:13' PD

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

Very nice!! I can't draw a stick figure but I certainly enjoy seeing the work of people who can!

Good stuff.
  • Lynn & Cindy likes this

#3 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,534 posts
  • Local time: 07:31 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:27 AM

This is wierd, but the only way I can draw (well, really, copy from a picture)is by looking at it upside down. I learned how to do that by reading "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain". I'm like Solo Matt...can't draw a straight line, nor can I compose from scratch, like you have done her. But turn the picture upside down, I can copy it.

• Lynn & Cindy likes this

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"No matter how old I am, I'm always going to want a pony for Christmas."

#4 Casita-Freak

Casita-Freak
  • Casita Club Member
  • 240 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Casita Spirit 17' 2012
  • Interests:Astronomy, CCD Imaging, Telescope making, Amateur radio WD5IKX, Photography, Reading
  • Trailer Name:Moonlight Manor

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:17 PM

Great work!  I wish I could draw like that.  The only way I can come close is by converting a photograph.

Attached File  House-Draw-small.jpg   236.48KB   2 downloads

Keep up your fine work.

John

Casita-Freak

WD5IKX

• Meadowlark and Lynn & Cindy like this

#5 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 07:31 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

Very impressive!  An old Navy buddy of mine could draw like that.  He also did lots of pencil and fountain pen drawings.  He did one of his high school sweetheart using and ink pen.  It was done by making horizontal lines very close together and changing the shade of the ink by varying the pressure somehow as he went.  When he was done you could see the perfect image of her face. Like your drawings the detail was amazing.  He was also a musician and he took the military ID's from the band members and made posters for the band.  The images looked exactly like the photograph. Just out of curiosity.  Are you left handed?

It is definitely a gift and I thank you for sharing it with us.

Edited by Wally Z, 04 April 2015 - 09:16 PM.

2014 17' Casita SD

#6 JerryC

JerryC
  • Casita Club Member
  • 528 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2016 ID
  • Interests:Sightseeing, Hiking, Geocaching, Hot Air Ballooning, Touring this great country in our Casita.

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:56 AM

Awesome!  Wish I had a quarter of your talent.  And Poetry, TX.  What better place for an artist to live? :)

• Wally Z likes this

Jerry & Wanda
2016 ID
Deep South
Sometimes home, but mostly gone
http://eggrollings.blogspot.com/

#7 Lynn & Cindy

Lynn & Cindy
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 9 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2014 Spirit Deluxe 17ft
  • Interests:Drawing & Artwork, Photography, Building things from metal, Hiking and Travel

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:35 PM

SoloMatt, Meadowlark, John, Wally Z, & Jerry & Wanda. I'm glad you enjoyed the art SoloMatt. I think Meadowlark that every artist has some technique that works well for them. If turning your picture upside down works for you with good results, I say stick with it. Sometimes when I get frustrated I take advice from the book you mentioned and try to trick my brain (which isn't very hard to do these days) into drawing the negative instead of the positive. I believe John that everyone has some unique talent. After reading your "interest" it's clear that you have an overabundance of talent. I can only imagine the disastrous results if I tried to build a telescope. It's my pleasure to share the drawings Wally Z and I'm right handed. And Jerry & Wanda, I'm sure you're blessed with talent in other areas. We've lived in the small country community of Poetry, (maybe 300 people) for about 30 years. Thanks everyone for the compliments, Lynn

Edited by Lynn & Cindy, 05 April 2015 - 02:44 PM.

• Meadowlark likes this

#8 timeout

timeout
  • Casita Club Member
  • 33 posts
  • Local time: 09:31 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2010 Casita SD 16'

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

These are beautiful! I'm still at the stick figure phase so I greatly admire your talent.