• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Skierr

Skierr
  • Casita Club Member
  • 16 posts
  • Local time: 07:38 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:liberty deluxe 17
  • Interests:Outdoors anything, camping, fishing, backpacking, skiing, travel and reading.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

We are buying a new 17 ft. Liberty with high lift suspension.  Has anyone found it troublesome to enter the door or....  My thought when ordering this feature was to insure access to privative roads and to prevent trailing out on steep grade changes.  Any views on this one???

#2 schatzie

schatzie
  • Casita Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Local time: 10:38 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' SD

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

We ordered the high lift axle and have never regretted it. It has proven to be very useful in clearing the dips in driveway gutter entrances, especially at many gas stations and truck stops. It also provides additional clearance in campgrounds and is added protection for the plumbing underneath the Casita. Additionally, it makes any maintenance work under the Casita much easier. This is also a good reason to get the 15" wheels and tires. You will not regret it.

If the steps prove to be too high, we use a small step stool to place in front of the step. There is also a mod for adding an additional step (2 steps instead of the standard 1 step) should you require it. We have not required it. The step stool we carry has also come in handy many times for other uses while camping and makes a terrific foot stool when relaxing in lawn chairs.

Edited by schatzie, 05 March 2015 - 11:52 AM.

Bob & Ginny Schattschneider
South Milwaukee, WI.
2009 Casita 17' SD
2004 Ford F-150 FX4

#3 SoloMatt

SoloMatt
  • Casita Club Member
  • 273 posts
  • Local time: 08:38 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:13' PD

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

Same here, I got mine used with the high lift and love it.  No problem getting in and out for me-- I'm about 5'9" and in good shape.  I'm glad to have the extra clearance.

#4 araden

araden
  • Casita Club Member
  • 157 posts
  • Local time: 10:38 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:SD 17
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Sailing, Hiking, Reading, canoeing, spending time with my bride.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

We also have the high lift.  We had LHC install a double step to make it easier to enter/exit.

- Al
SouthEast Florida
2014 Toyota 4Runner
2014 Spirit Deluxe - "Scrimsharker"

#5 Skierr

Skierr
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 16 posts
  • Local time: 07:38 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:liberty deluxe 17
  • Interests:Outdoors anything, camping, fishing, backpacking, skiing, travel and reading.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

Thanks to all.  I'm going with the high lift and we are sure looking forward to using this trailer in the west coast mountains and at times in to the mid west (pick up the Liberty at the end of the month).  I've found four wheeling that the best places are some times rough to get to.  Never thought I would go for a trailer, but serval friends have them and love the Casita.  Again, thanks.

:dncinban: