11 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer
  • Admin
  • 4,011 posts
  • Local time: 05:09 PM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1000

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:06 AM

Welcome to the first contest of 2015, with the February Installment of our Casita Club Monthly Photography Contest!

This month's subject is:

"Love"

The images posted must include something that shows "love".  Now, I'm not saying this has to be the Valentine's Day version, as your pictures can include people you love, places you love (we all get a little heartache when we have to leave our favorite spots) and even our animals.

Please read the rules and requests below, then post up your image in this thread!

The winner of this month's contest will receive a $25.00 gift card to Amazon and one short-sleeve Casita Club T-Shirt with a back print.

Feel free to post comments in this thread as well!

Here is a video tutorial on how to upload an image to your post:

https://www.youtube....h?v=XqESoMP6ivk

----------

The rules are quite simple and may change depending on the month and subject.

General Rules:

1)  Any photographs submitted must be owned by the member submitting the image and only one image per contest can be submitted per member.  HDR images are allowed.

2)  Images should be a minimum of 650 pixels on the longest side, if possible.

3)  The winning image may be re-posted on the front page, after the approval from the owner of the image. 

4)  Submissions to the Monthly Photography Contest may begin after the monthly topic has been posted, until the end of the month.  Submissions must be either uploaded to The Casita Club Forums, or embedded from an outside website by the owner of the image.  No outside text links to images will be allowed.

5)  All submissions will be listed and voted on by The Casita Club membership at the end of the month.

6)  The winner of the monthly contest will receive a prize to be determined by The Casita Club and listed within the monthly topic thread. 

7)  In order to give more people a chance at winning, individual members can only win once every 6 months.

8)  The winning images will be included in a **once-a-year prize**, to be determined by The Casita Club and listed within the separate quarterly voting thread. (this was changed on 10/01/2014)

9)  The Casita Club, or anyone associated with the owners of the CasitaClub.com website do not and will not claim any type of ownership or license of any images or photographs submitted to The Casita Club Forums.  Eric Mayer will be able to submit an image, but that image will not be included in the monthly votes.

Contest Requests:

I would love for folks to learn from the photographs posted here.  So, as much information as can be provided would be appreciated.  This includes some background information about the photograph, your camera, lens and settings, as well as any other information you feel would be beneficial.

Good luck to anyone who enters!  Feel free to ask any questions in this thread:  http://www.casitaclu...-photo-contest/

Eric  B)

The Casita Club

----------

Here is a video tutorial on how to upload images to your post:
How To Attach an Image to Your Post

#2 Possum

Possum
  • Casita Club Member
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Fly Fishing, Camping, Photography

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

Love takes on different meanings for different individuals.

Call it love or lust or maybe just being "horny" but trust me, this is not just a platonic relationship here.......he definitely is in LOVE!!

Attached File  CarnationDeer4.jpg   158.59KB   3 downloads

• Eric Mayer likes this
Kim & Luanna
2010 17' Spirit Deluxe
Seattle

#3 The Goose Egg

The Goose Egg
  • Casita Club Member
  • 378 posts
  • Local time: 07:09 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' SD

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

LOVE at first sight.  Cute little stray Calico with a perfect heart on her right side.

Taken almost 2 years ago with my old nikon coolpix point and shoot camera.

She has another (almost) perfect heart on her left side.  

You can see the left one on this previous post:http://www.casitaclu...attach_id=31990

Attached Files

Edited by The Goose Egg, 12 February 2015 - 10:11 AM.

• Meadowlark likes this
Goose's Egg, AKA The Bear Necessities
Pictures of: Casita, Quilt, Bear & Vacation Photos

#4 Jerry4610

Jerry4610
  • Casita Club Member
  • 49 posts
  • Local time: 08:09 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:05 Spirit / 17 ft
  • Interests:Camping, Traveling, Flying, Good movies
  • Trailer Name:Creampuff
  • Casita Club Directory #:1678

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

I lived and worked in a area where the longest view down the road was several blocks at a time due to trees or building. The below view at Glacier NP just blew my mind and confirmed to me that we truely live in AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL land. The is a reduced size picture for the web site posting. I believe it was taken by my Nikon camera in Auto Landscape setting. So far Glacier NP has been my favorite NP. and the ride across the HIGHWAY TO THE SUN views.

Attached File  PICT0175.JPG   109.33KB   2 downloads

Edited by Jerry4610, 14 February 2015 - 06:30 AM.

• Sue and Sandy and Marsha like this

#5 arlon

arlon
  • Casita Club Member
  • 151 posts
  • Local time: 04:09 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Bunk Delux
  • Interests:Anything that gets me outside, photography

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:24 AM

I love a Casita.. 

original.jpg

• Sue and Sandy, tedinkc, Possum and 2 others like this
2002 17 Casita Bunk Model Delux
2005 AWD Astro van (my solo camper)
Dodge/Cummins quad cab

#6 Rob and Linda

Rob and Linda
  • Casita Club Member
  • 561 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Airstream 23D
  • Interests:Photography, woodworking, fly fishing, hiking/backpacking, audio, Porsches.
  • Trailer Name:Fortune Cookie

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

"... and the greatest of these is love."  I Corinthians 13:13

Reflecting on seventy four years of marriage.

Attached File  Daddy at Mother's Memorial Service.JPG   540.34KB   2 downloads

Five weeks to the day following Mother's death, Daddy joined her again.  

------------------

I hope none find this photo morose, maudlin, or morbid; if so, please accept my sincere apology.  To me the photo is at once tender and intimate.  I am sure that many of you have experienced priceless moments just like this.

Rob

---------------------------
Nikon D300, 14~24mm Nikon lens, 1/40th sec, f3.4, 24mm

Edited by Rob and Linda, 16 February 2015 - 04:20 PM.

• Sue and Sandy, jimbitner, tedinkc and 4 others like this

Rob & Linda, Hurst, Texas
Our ex-Casita Photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd300/albums/72157626742329244

Airstream Photos - https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd300/albums/72157663633667345
2014 Airstream 23D International Serenity
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost Max Tow

#7 tedinkc

tedinkc
  • Casita Club Member
  • 761 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Freedom Deluxe 17
  • Interests:Discover America, get off the Interstate.

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

This is my granddaughter on Christmas day, she just opened this gift from her aunt.  To me, this is pure love, she just hugged it with her eyes closed for the longest time.  I shot this picture with a Cannon EOS REBEL T2i, F/3.5, exposure 1/20 and ISO - 3200.

Attached File  Molly Christmas 14.jpg   110.51KB   3 downloads

• Sue and Sandy, ArizonaEileen, Rob and Linda and 2 others like this

Ted & Cindy 04 17ft FD (Dragon Egg)
2011 Red Mercedes Sprinter 2500 (Dimpled Dragon)
IMG_2969.jpg

#8 tedinkc

tedinkc
  • Casita Club Member
  • 761 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:53 AM

Rob,

Beautiful, thanks for sharing such a tender moment.

Ted

IMG_2969.jpg

#9 arlon

arlon
  • Casita Club Member
  • 151 posts
  • Local time: 04:09 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Bunk Delux
  • Interests:Anything that gets me outside, photography

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

Love is keeping each other warm on a cold day. Shot from my living room window last week. 

original.jpg

• Sue and Sandy, Possum, Rob and Linda and 1 other like this
2002 17 Casita Bunk Model Delux
2005 AWD Astro van (my solo camper)
Dodge/Cummins quad cab

#10 PerfectCasita

PerfectCasita
  • After-Market Product Supplier
  • 413 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:None

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:47 PM

In a past life I used to do glider rides out of Hollister, CA.  The most expensive ride was a long high tow to 9000 feet out over Monterrey Bay and a glide back to the airport.  The gliders we used could squeeze 2 skinny folks in the back seat with the "stick" removed, (or one normal size person in the front so they could fly some of the time).  Sunset flights were usually very calm and scenic.  For this memorable flight the lady approached me earlier in the day to set up the surprise for her intended.

We opened the wine then semi re-corked it so that we could reopen it in flight without tools. The plan was for her to propose over the bay, and then celebrate with a glass or two of wine on the way back. We casually left a small rucksack at her feet with the wine hidden inside.  Once over the bay I asked her hand me the rucksack, and she then did her proposal thing complete with a ring. Then the wine was produced and much fun was had by them both (no I didnt touch a drop 'till we were back on the ground).  It was a truly memorable flight, and not a drop was spilled.

Attached File  rsz_img_7244.jpg   127.39KB   3 downloads

• Leehman Wexlin and tedinkc like this
Orbital Machine Works online store
http://www.perfectcasita.com

#11 tedinkc

tedinkc
  • Casita Club Member
  • 761 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

In a past life I used to do glider rides out of Hollister, CA.  The most expensive ride was a long high tow to 9000 feet out over Monterrey Bay and a glide back to the airport.  The gliders we used could squeeze 2 skinny folks in the back seat with the "stick" removed, (or one normal size person in the front so they could fly some of the time).  Sunset flights were usually very calm and scenic.  For this memorable flight the lady approached me earlier in the day to set up the surprise for her intended.

We opened the wine then semi re-corked it so that we could reopen it in flight without tools. The plan was for her to propose over the bay, and then celebrate with a glass or two of wine on the way back. We casually left a small rucksack at her feet with the wine hidden inside.  Once over the bay I asked her hand me the rucksack, and she then did her proposal thing complete with a ring. Then the wine was produced and much fun was had by them both (no I didnt touch a drop 'till we were back on the ground).  It was a truly memorable flight, and not a drop was spilled.

attachicon.gifrsz_img_7244.jpg

Of course, I want the picture of my granddaughter to win, with that said, the story of your picture is heart warming (I hope someone uses it in a movie) and touched my heart.  Thanks for sharing it and the picture.

Ted

IMG_2969.jpg

#12 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer
  • Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 4,011 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:1000

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

Vote here for your favorite!:

http://www.casitaclu...st-winner-love/

Eric  B)