10 replies to this topic

#1 Crewdaddy

Crewdaddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 11:17 PM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

Hello all.

I have been meaning to get started on here for the past year or so, having passed the Casita plant in Rice going to and from Houston race events over the past several years. 

I work with a vehicle wrap company here in the Dallas, TX area, Car Wrap City, and travel a lot for motorsports and promotional events. 

When we recently did a wrap on the Casita seen here it reminded me again that I needed to get connected with the community.  Thus here I am.

I don't own a Casita as yet, but am thinking hard on it.  Have done motorhome trips and lots of driving/hotel travel but would like to do a little more on the camping side.............but want to keep it simple and affordable as I will still be doing most of my traveling by air and car because of event schedules.

I see Casitas at NASCAR events I attend and occasionally at NHRA events and would love to see one in "race" theme as they are great attention-getters. 

So Hello to all.............thanks for allowing me to join in.    

Attached Thumbnails

• casita - rear (Large).jpg
  • casita front (Large).jpg
  • casita- pass (Large).JPG
  • casita driver (Large).JPG

• Carol Christensen, andy101, Leehman Wexlin and 4 others like this

#2 Dann and Karan

Dann and Karan
  • Casita Club Member
  • 244 posts
  • Local time: 05:17 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Freedom Deluxe- 16'

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:28 PM

Crewdaddy,

That is a cute Casita. Welcome to the world of Casita people.

We have a 2007 FD. When you get your you will enjoy it just like the rest of us do.

Dann and Karan

2007 FD. Snowball

2005 Trail Blazer

(new to us)

1995 Volvo 850 T Sedan

(gone but not forgotten).

#3 Casita Bella

Casita Bella
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts
  • Local time: 04:17 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1998 SD17
  • Interests:Photography, kayaking, needlepoint, real estate, terriers, word games.
  • Trailer Name:Casita Bella

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

Casita Bella is humbled. (And a tad jealous...)
Nancy & Al Wolfing + Tai (Ancient and Extraordinary Jack Russell Terrorist) & Molly (curly girl Pumi)
San Diego, California

#4 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,434 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:49 AM

Hello all.

I have been meaning to get started on here for the past year or so, having passed the Casita plant in Rice going to and from Houston race events over the past several years. 

I work with a vehicle wrap company here in the Dallas, TX area, Car Wrap City, and travel a lot for motorsports and promotional events. 

When we recently did a wrap on the Casita seen here it reminded me again that I needed to get connected with the community.  Thus here I am.

I don't own a Casita as yet, but am thinking hard on it.  Have done motorhome trips and lots of driving/hotel travel but would like to do a little more on the camping side.............but want to keep it simple and affordable as I will still be doing most of my traveling by air and car because of event schedules.

I see Casitas at NASCAR events I attend and occasionally at NHRA events and would love to see one in "race" theme as they are great attention-getters. 

So Hello to all.............thanks for allowing me to join in.    

Crewdaddy

Pretty Kool! That is a mod I have not seen in the past. You may have seen our Casita at a NASCAR or Indy Car event at Texas Motor Speedway. We have attended/camped at several of those races. We also go down to Ennis for the drag races.

How much did that wrap cost? Looks like it took a lot of work to go over all of the different surfaces? What is the life span of a wrap on a vehicle? I see quite a few on trucks and cars and wondered if over time they start to peel because of UV exposure and the weather.

Welcome to the Casita Club

Clover & her pup

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#5 Gourdamental

Gourdamental
  • Casita Club Member
  • 82 posts
  • Local time: 07:17 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2014 Liberty Deluxe
  • Interests:Avid crafter...especially gourds
    Retired 9-1-1 Calltaker

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

I love this wrap. I want one!

Gourdamentally yours,

Shelly 

2014 Calista 17' Liberty "Podette", towed by 06 Toyota Sienna

#6 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:04 AM

He (the pup) took a look and now wants camo on the outside to match the camo on the inside of our portable hunting cabin.

http://www.carwrapci...om/camo-options

Maybe the snowstorm so we can "feel cold" when it is 100 degrees in Texas

http://www.carwrapci.../article?id=120

Clover & her pup

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#7 marian65

marian65
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:16 ft

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:41 AM

I know the lady that owns this Casita and she is so proud of it and loves showing it to people!!  Great Job!

#8 oregonlavender

oregonlavender
  • Casita Club Member
  • 139 posts
  • Local time: 04:17 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:FD 2014 16'
  • Interests:Gardening
    Casita-ing

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

I love it and I want it but then I might be afraid of washboard roads and mud and other adventurous fun stuff. If it were a stay-at-home trailer or only went to church on Sundays that would be different.
Susan and Sunshine (a rare purebred brown dog)

#9 Crewdaddy

Crewdaddy
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:52 AM

Hey everyone, thank you for the comments........I am just getting around to checking back here and apologize for that. I'll attempt to respond to all in a single note here.............let's see..........

Cost to wrap a Casita?  When I get a minute I will post some approximate costs and some ideas on coverage, etc.. as a guideline.  Besides the aesthetics (fun) of wraps, they provide a real value in finish protection, absorbing the rock chips, mud, road tar...........armadillos..........and keeping the finish blemishes to a minimum for trade-in/sale time.  

This is one of the prime motivators for owners of new cars to do a clear wrap or color change wrap.........it just makes sense.  We do a lot of new vehicles for just that reason. 

With the Casitas it seems to me that there is a unique opportunity to do some fun stuff in design that is not necessarily so with vehicle wraps per se. Individualizing at the same time as serving a practical purpose. 

The Casita pictured is of course a very unique example of just how creative one can get and how complete the coverage can be. We do lots of partial wraps on vehicles, even as advertising wraps...........like 1/2 and 3/4 wraps.......which work really well on pickups and vans...............you can see examples on the Car Wrap City website.............so when time permits I will do some graphics to show coverage and ideas as would apply to a Casita, as much for my own enlightenment as anything. 

To Clover........(Glen Rose)...............We have a suite (seating in a group suite....not one of our own! Yikes!)  at the TMS as the owner is from NC and a dyed-in-the-wool NASCAR guy.....but I am more of a drag racing fan (SoCal bred and born) and I work with a number of drivers and teams, especially as a part of our Crewkids program with pediatric patients.....so I am all about the Motorplex and the Nitro life!  Did you attend the Fall Nationals this year? We had a display there right behind the tower....had our newest wrap on Kebin Kinsley's Nostalgia Funny Car on display.  Stay in touch with me on things motorsports.......we do lots of stuff with ticketing and promotions so may have something of interest for you guys..........perhaps we can get you involved with our work with the kids? 

To Cottage Grove...........yes, that piece of artwork is maybe too sweet for much hardcore back roads stuff...........and there are certainly alternatives in terms of scale and design....whatever one can imagine.  

That Casita is waaaaay cool though, and I bet a real show stopper wherever it is!  I know people were all about it when we had it here at the shop.  We need to get it into one of our promotional appearances...............or even one of our hospital visits with the kids....they'd love it! 

We'll be doing some added sample graphics soon.  Feel free everyone to toss ideas at me for wrap themes......we'll log them in and when we get a designer free we'll see what lights them up!  

Back to work for me.   Thanks all. 

#10 cottons

cottons
  • Casita Club Member
  • 54 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2015 Independence
  • Trailer Name:Trailer

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

I like it.

#11 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:57 AM

Hey everyone, thank you for the comments........I am just getting around to checking back here and apologize for that. I'll attempt to respond to all in a single note here.............let's see..........

Cost to wrap a Casita?  When I get a minute I will post some approximate costs and some ideas on coverage, etc.. as a guideline.  Besides the aesthetics (fun) of wraps, they provide a real value in finish protection, absorbing the rock chips, mud, road tar...........armadillos..........and keeping the finish blemishes to a minimum for trade-in/sale time.  

This is one of the prime motivators for owners of new cars to do a clear wrap or color change wrap.........it just makes sense.  We do a lot of new vehicles for just that reason. 

With the Casitas it seems to me that there is a unique opportunity to do some fun stuff in design that is not necessarily so with vehicle wraps per se. Individualizing at the same time as serving a practical purpose. 

The Casita pictured is of course a very unique example of just how creative one can get and how complete the coverage can be. We do lots of partial wraps on vehicles, even as advertising wraps...........like 1/2 and 3/4 wraps.......which work really well on pickups and vans...............you can see examples on the Car Wrap City website.............so when time permits I will do some graphics to show coverage and ideas as would apply to a Casita, as much for my own enlightenment as anything. 

To Clover........(Glen Rose)...............We have a suite (seating in a group suite....not one of our own! Yikes!)  at the TMS as the owner is from NC and a dyed-in-the-wool NASCAR guy.....but I am more of a drag racing fan (SoCal bred and born) and I work with a number of drivers and teams, especially as a part of our Crewkids program with pediatric patients.....so I am all about the Motorplex and the Nitro life!  Did you attend the Fall Nationals this year? We had a display there right behind the tower....had our newest wrap on Kebin Kinsley's Nostalgia Funny Car on display.  Stay in touch with me on things motorsports.......we do lots of stuff with ticketing and promotions so may have something of interest for you guys..........perhaps we can get you involved with our work with the kids? 

To Cottage Grove...........yes, that piece of artwork is maybe too sweet for much hardcore back roads stuff...........and there are certainly alternatives in terms of scale and design....whatever one can imagine.  

That Casita is waaaaay cool though, and I bet a real show stopper wherever it is!  I know people were all about it when we had it here at the shop.  We need to get it into one of our promotional appearances...............or even one of our hospital visits with the kids....they'd love it! 

We'll be doing some added sample graphics soon.  Feel free everyone to toss ideas at me for wrap themes......we'll log them in and when we get a designer free we'll see what lights them up!  

Back to work for me.   Thanks all. 

Crewdaddy

We did come by Ennis for some of the Nationals but didn't get by  your display. We only got to be their part of a day. I have a 12 year old son that loves anything aviation, hot cars/trucks and hunting. We have a friend from Granbury that does a lot of drag racing so we go watch him run when he is here at some of the local tracks. Kennedale is an easy for us to go to for some Friday night entertainment. 

We would be interested in volunteering to assist with your CrewKids at an event. We live in rural Somervell County well southwest of Dallas so it would be logistically challenging to make weekly events. 

I look forward to seeing some of the graphic ideas your team comes up with. For some the graphics may be too "busy" and others will find them delightful. The Casita is a great "white board" of blank space to work with. 

Clover & her pup

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD