• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Salman

Salman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 11:50 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2016 17' Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Motorcycle riding, reading just about anything about airplanes. I want to get back to camping and fishing!

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:57 PM

My name Sal Salazar and I purchased a 1993 Casita SD last year.  It is not in the best of shape.  I will be trying to restore it this comming summer (2015) and am trying to find owners of Casitas in and around the Denver metro area.  I just moved to Aurora from Denver.  I have actually only seen a million pictures of various Casita models and would like actually look one over in person.  I drove over a thousand miles to puchase mine and it is presently in storage here in Aurora.  Everyone whom I have talked to who own a Casita seem to be very friendly, but I have yet to meet anyone near me.  I am retired and want to restore my Casita as a hobby, and would like to meet some owners around me who I can get advice and recommendations on how to proceed.  The previous owners made some bad modifications that I have taken out or am in the process of taking out.  first on my agenda is to have the brakes and bearing rebuilt, then restore the outside surface to some of it's original glory.  I am also looking for a carpertry shop who can remake the kitchette tables (2) and the cabinet doors, so... as you can see, I have my work cut out for me.

Thank  you for your time and feel free to contact me thru this topic, I would very much like to meet you for coffee.

#2 Fallon

Fallon
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 10:50 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' SD

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

I just picked up a 2002 17' Freedom Delux. Live 15 minutes east of Parker, so not to far away. Its mostly together enough for camping now & our maiden voyage is on the 19th. Still have to do a rivitectomy on it & something about the chalky gelcoat, probably Poly Glo.

We had inherited a 40 year old Boler late last year, but after 1 trip we decided the bed was to small, no toilet or shower sucked & a 40 year old trailer just needed more work than we wanted to put in on it.

#3 Fallon

Fallon
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17' SD

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:47 PM

Dam double post.

Edited by Fallon, 11 June 2015 - 09:47 PM.

#4 Dauphin Is.

Dauphin Is.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 34 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2001 17' Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Fishing, Hiking, Camping, Target Shooting, Woodworking

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:15 AM

Hi Sal,  I'm Ron and I live in Fort Collins, CO which is just north of you.  We have a 2001 SD and love it very much.  It in at the welding shop having a new heavy duty bumper put on so we can carry out small generator and out bikes.  If you ever want to talk about Casitas, travel, camping etc. just let me know and I will get in contact with you and go from there.  Hope to hear from you.  Ron   E-Mail...utopia_47@yahoo.com   Please put Casita in the subject line.

Ron & Rina
2001 17' SD
2001 Toyota Tacoma
Dauphin Island, Alabama

#5 Sue and Sandy

Sue and Sandy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,703 posts
  • Local time: 11:50 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2001 16ft. Freedom Deluxe

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:48 AM

Howdy Sal,

Sorry for the late note, but we don't check all the topics in the club much.

Sandy and I live in Longmont and own a 16' 2001 FD.  

How far along with your restoration are you?

Sandy is retired and would like to meet you.

P.S. He loves coffee!

Best, Sue and Sandy

post-176-0-54687300-1405271931_thumb.jpg

2001 16' FD "The Alpine Egg-Spress" #1155
2013 Ford F150 Supercab 4X4