teacher retired
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 667 posts
  • Local time: 10:51 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Casita Liberty/17

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

Mark your calendars!

"PineKnot 2015 will be held again at Salmon Lake RV Park in Grapeland, TX from Thursday Oct 22 to Sunday Oct 25. Expect registration to be announced in mid-July."

Sandy

Edited by teacher retired, 09 March 2015 - 08:08 PM.

#3 RC39206

RC39206
  • Casita Club Member
  • 29 posts
  • Local time: 09:51 PM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

Hi Sandy,

Just joined a few days ago.  Don't have a trailer yet (looking).  Are we welcome even though we do not have a trailer yet?  Also what do people do at the rally?  Do we need to register; if so how do we do it? My wife and I are looking forward to owning a Casita and the fellowship of the Casita members.  They are all so friendly and it seems they all have a lot of knowledge.  Appears that you are an organizer or something of these events.  We are looking for a used 17ft Casita Liberty Deluxe like yours.  Thanks in advance for your help.

RC39206

#4 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:30 PM

Welcome RC,
Well, to start with, you can't have my Liberty. ( kidding!) We are on our way westward into New Mexico. But back to your questions. You are more than welcome to come and spend as much time as you'd like. Salmon Lake has cabins you can rent if you decide to do more than just come over for a couple of hours. We rented a cabin at Pineknot in 2011 and spent the weekend meeting people who have become great friends, having our questions answered even as they came up in conversations around a campfire, and joining into the various activities of the rally itself.

You ask what people do at a rally. We have an agenda which will get posted as we get closer to Oct. with some sessions being informative, some instructional, and some just fun. You then have the opportunity to join in or not. There is a lot of "just getting together and chatting with friends".

Do you need to register? Registration is done online and is very helpful in many ways. If you are only coming on the day we show our mods and new equipment or trailers, called an Egg Parade, no you don't need to register. Just join us, but let me know to expect you. If you are going to take part in the activities, please register, get a name tag, etc.

I'll try, but if it doesn't work, you can scroll down under the "Get togethers" section to Pineknot 2014 and find the agenda for last year. Or you can look at Bluebonnet for last month's agenda to get an idea of various activities. Registration should be posted in mid July. Look forward to meeting you and your wife. She may be interested in our Ladies Tea. That was a lot of fun! Sandy

#5 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

http://www.casitaclu...view=getnewpost

#6 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,076 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

Mark your calendars!

"PineKnot 2015 will be held again at Salmon Lake RV Park in Grapeland, TX from Thursday Oct 22 to Sunday Oct 25. Expect registration to be announced in mid-July."

Sandy

hi, sandy, merlin and i look forward to joining our texas casita family at pineknot again this year, we'll be checking this site mid july. having a blast on the utah tour then headed west to highways 1/101 northward to pacific northwest for the summer. just love the casita/new tacoma and generator, everything working like it should! plan to be back to texas in sept if all goes well with the houses there. see y'all soon, claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#7 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

Have a boatload of fun! Say hi to all we know or who know us on your tour. Especially Don and Betsy. We are in NM ( currently in Santa Fe) on our way to Lake Abiquiu.

Pet Merlin for us. He will love RT 1! Sandy

#8 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

I am beginning to get inquiries about the Pineknot registration. We are working on it and I will post on the forums when it is up. Sandy

#9 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

This is basically a repeat of the above message...

I am getting questions about the registration for Pineknot 2015. The announcement for the rally is up on mfrvg.com but the registration button has not been activated as we are still working on the site. This year we are going to try not having a wait list. I will post on all forums when I get word the registration is active. Sandy

#10 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:30 PM

The registration site for the Pineknot rally is now active. Go to mfrvg.com and click on Pineknot. Please fill out the registration form and we look forward to camping with you in October. Sandy and George

#11 CasitaRick54

CasitaRick54
  • Casita Club Member
  • 212 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17'
  • Trailer Name:La Casita de La Playa

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:13 PM

Signed up. Guess it's OK to bring my little dog? I will be rolling solo.  

Probably will also go to Matagorda Madness when that registration opens up.  :D

#12 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:12 PM

Absolutely bring your dog. Mine loves camping for two reasons... Other dogs and multiple hands that scratch her belly. Sandy

#13 RC39206

RC39206
  • Casita Club Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:52 AM

Sandy, will probably register tonight for Pineknot.  Trying to figure out how or what to do  to make for comfortable sleeping.  Will be using the twins.  Get 4" foam with with a pillow top 2" on top of that or what.  Appreciate any  ideas you have.  Thanks much.

#14 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

Rick,

I can't really advise you on what to get for comfort. We have a two inch foam pad from Walmart that works very well for us. We used a four inch one and could not move. Sandy

#15 RC39206

RC39206
  • Casita Club Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

Sandy, thanks for the info.  Will check out Walmart.  Getting ready.    Got the tires balanced, propane in the tanks, getting tools together, etc.  Rick