GE&H IV Update # 1
Hello every one. I trust all are well. This is the dreaded notice where I ask for help in executing the activities that we have all come to enjoy.
Before we start, Catoma Loop is sold out with the exception of a few “Walk In” sites. However I have sent a note on Saturday past to the Supervisory Park Ranger asking for permission to double up. I expect to hear back from him this coming week. IF approved the following rules must be adhered to or we risk losing this privilege for future events:
- No more than two (2) Casitas per site.
- Each Casita will pay the requisite daily fees.
- All coordination for doubling up is an internal individual responsibility, inclusive of providing required splitters for H20, electricity, etc… We have a reporting requirement to the park manager so it is imperative that once you have identified your double up mate/site, you notify Jean or myself so we in turn can keep the park informed. We are all adults, please help us comply.
- I will keep you posted of the results of our request ASAP.
This year we are doing things a bit different. I will not plead with you for assistance on support these event. What I will do is list the event and ask that you respond positively to taking up the coordination of same. It only takes a few minutes of your day. Bottom line if no one volunteers to help, the event/activity will be cancelled and I’m fine with that. It’s your rally. Pretty simple. I apologize for being so curt on this, but I am getting tired of trying to get people, who enjoy the events, help make them a success. It’s always the same handful of subjects that ultimately come to the rescue… and I thank them dearly. It’s time share the wealth…
1. Nightly Campfire, coordinate for the delivery of firewood and execution of same. Location/Time-Date To Be Determined (TBD).
2. Musical Entertainment/Talent Show, play music, do magic, if you have a talent show us. instrument, magic tricks, juggling, mime, jokes, storytelling, sword swallowing, blowing smoke rings, puppetry, dance, hog calling, making faces, etc. Location/Time-Date TBD.
3. “The GE&H IV Epicurean Chili Amalgamation Project” aka “The Chili Dump!” George McDermit hates that name, sorry George. George has always hosted this event but I have not seen his name on any attendance list…? As such I would like to have a backup plan in case he cannot attend. This activity requires the coordination of cooking pot(s), stove(s) etc… I will be seeing George (I hope) in Cherokee, NC next month so I will ask if he is coming. IN the mean time I think it best to start developing and alternate plan. Location/Time-Date TBD.
4. Gumbo Dinner has become a staple of this event and I am going to go out on the limb here and say that the culinary experts of Bob and Pat Harko will again take this activity on… I hope… Location/Time-Date TBD.
5. Egg Parade anyone? Location/Time-Date TBD.
6. Pot Luck is looking for a few folks (~5) to help set up, tear down and clean up. Everyone knows what’s required for this event and quite frankly this is my favorite event of all!!! As was required last year we need folks to bring some folding tables to support this effort. Based on past years we will need around ten (10) folding tables to make this work. Location/Time-Date TBD
7. Gift Exchange is a subset of the Pot Luck. No guidance should be needed, but just in case, bring a St Patrick’s Day gift to exchange with fellow participants. Nothing expense, $5-$10 value max! Remember to get a gift; you have to bring a gift. Event will occur at the Catoma Loop Pavilion after the Pot Luck. Location/Time-Date TBD.
8. Arts & Crafts, Mrs. Pat Harko has taken on this event in the past and has always provided an enjoyable activity for all to share. I am assuming that she will share her creative talents with us once aging. Location/Time-Date TBD.
9. Dutch Oven Camp Cooking Demo was a huge success and I thank the providers of same for this yummy, enjoyable and informative presentation. Walt (aka Trog) was a key driver in this along with others whose names escape me as I am an old, tired, soldier… Location/Time-Date TBD.
Folks this is your rally and it can be as good or as lame as you want it to be. We need your help. Will you help?
If you can help please email me ASAP @ email@example.com or place a post on this site indicating where you can help.
Thanks that’s all I got for now. More to follow.
Best. Shorty sends…
One alibi, if you have a reservation please advise Jean so we can keep the attendance list current and relevant. Also a big thank you to the web master for allowing us to post here. Thanks again.
Edited by Huevo Movil, 14 September 2014 - 04:13 AM.