• Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts
  • Local time: 11:33 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:None att :-(
  • Casita Club Directory #:3089

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:32 AM

Shorty:

Honey do's are more imporatant.. carry on!

Truer words have never been spoken,

A happy Mrs. Shorty is priceless for Mr. Shorty! :rofl2:  :rofl2:

• MMoe and SKYTALKER like this

Live well, life is very good!!!
Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

2014 Roadtrek 190 Popular,  "Big Edna II"  :D

1999 Coach House 192KS Wide Body, aka "Big Edna"  (Sold, but not forgotten also... :unsure:)
2007 Casita 17' FD - (R/V Huevo Movil - RIP - Died on I-75)
2006 Casita 17' SD - (Sold, but not forgotten!)
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
- Ronald Reagan

#17 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Local time: 12:33 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

I will be updating the GE&H website today with info that Shorty put in his early posts on this thread. There is room for comments on the website. It would be appreciated if you contact either me or Shorty (email links on the website, too) to let us know as soon as you have your reservations confirmed.

I will be attending. Am in Glacier NP now and will be in Yellowstone when I make my reservation. Since I'm on the road(using cell phone for wifi) I will be responding to emails as quickly as possible but that might take up to 24 hours. Since I'm going to miss Cherokee this fall I may not get to see some of you until March, unless someone comes up with a winter get together.... Either way the gathering in March will be great!

Website has now been updated with the first official Notice and more stuff. It is http://www.borderbra.../ge-h/ge-h.html If you mark it as a favorite you won't have to put in the long address each time you want to check it.

Edited by borderbrae, 23 August 2014 - 10:09 AM.

• MMoe and SKYTALKER like this
Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#18 SKYTALKER

SKYTALKER
  • Casita Club Member
  • 294 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 2008 17'
  • Interests:Ham Radio, camping, fishing, sightseeing

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:19 AM

Shorty,

Jacquie and I are planning on arriving March 10, 2015 and departing Sunday, March 15, 2015.

Looking forward to it! 

Shorty,

Jacquie and I have revised our arrival to Sunday, March 8, 2014 and checking out on Sunday March 15.  Site # 33

Maynard and Jacquie
ARS: KJ4P
2008 Spirit Deluxe 17'
2009 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner V6

Take only Pictures, Leave only footprints, Kill only time.

#19 pemsit

pemsit
  • Casita Club Member
  • 277 posts
  • Local time: 10:33 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 17' Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Travel, photography, hiking.
    Planning to see all the National Parks in the lower 48, I have visited 49 so far
  • Trailer Name:On the road again

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:30 PM

Connie and I will be arriving Mar. 09 leaving Mar. 15 as of Sept. 10 at 12:30 AM there is only 28 sites left in the loop site 15 better hurry

• SKYTALKER likes this

#20 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

Locked on Site 41. Arriving Tuesday 10 Mar 15 departing Sunday 15 Mar 15. Travel safe. More to follow.

Best. Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

1999 Coach House 192KS Wide Body, aka "Big Edna"  (Sold, but not forgotten also... :unsure:)
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
- Ronald Reagan

#21 SKYTALKER

SKYTALKER
  • Casita Club Member
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

18 sites left in the Catoma Loop at this posting.

Maynard and Jacquie
2008 Spirit Deluxe 17'

#22 RADAR1

RADAR1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 245 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Scamp 16 SD
  • Interests:Scamping, kayaking, biking, hiking, picture taking.

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

Marilyn and I are on site 32 from Sunday the 8th til Monday the 16th. Couldn't miss our 5th GE&H anniversary!

John/Dave and Marilyn

2004 Dodge Dakota V8
2017 Dodge Durango V6
2005 Scamp 16 SD

radar1-scamping.blogspot.com

#23 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

Website has been updated with a list of participants as I know them. There are a few blanks, please email me at border brae@aol.com with any corrections. There are just over 40 rigs so far and 75 sites in the Catoma loop but reports are that all sites are taken. Some obviously may be non-FG rv folks, but if you know anyone who has made a reservation and hasn't contacted me please encourage them to do so. 

Antioch loop isn't that far away and folks could still socialize and take part in events if they stay there. 

Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#24 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:33 AM

Hello folks, it appears that the Catoma Loop is sold out for our upcoming event. I have sent an email today to the Supervisory Park Ranger for Gunter Hill asking for an exception to policy by allowing us to park two Casita on a site. I will advise when I hear back from him. :unsure: 

Some ground rules in case our request is approved. Doubling Up is purely voluntary and it will be an individual responsibility to coordinate with the confirmed site holder. Each rig will be required to pay the appropriate nightly rate minus any discounts etc… I will notify everyone once I hear back from the COE Official. If you are a confirmed site holder and would be willing to double up (if approved) please post a missive on the forum so that interested parties can coordinate with you directly. Please ensure that you inform either Jean (borderbrae) or myself as we will have to keep the Park informed. :huh:

Just a friendly reminder, you can also stay at the Antioch Loop and travel to Catoma to partake in the activities. Although not the optimal solution it is an option. :blush: 

Keep your fingers crossed for a positive response. :ph34r: 

Best to all. Shorty sends...

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#25 happytrails

happytrails
  • Casita Club Member
  • 22 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 Liberty Deluxe 17ft.
  • Interests:Gardening, Birding, Travel/camping, Photography, Hiking and enjoying nature.

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:41 AM

Went on the rec.gov site yesterday to book up for the rally in the 6 month window that they say you have to book in advance and all sites in the Catoma loop are already booked.  We are really disappointed that there are no sites left.  We really are not fond of the Antioch loop and being relatively new Casita owners, getting to know others in this loop would be limited.  Obviously to be this booked 6 months in advance, there must be other activities going on at Gunter Hill COE.  Last year, we booked on October 18th and had several sites to choose from.  Just very disappointed.

Edited by happytrails, 13 September 2014 - 07:03 AM.

• SKYTALKER likes this
Mike & Gerri Jones
LaGrange, Georgia
Retired Food Service Management/Retired Elementary Teacher
Former Full-timers turned Campers!!!
www.freedom2roll.blogspot.com

#26 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

Went on the rec.gov site yesterday to book up for the rally in the 6 month window that they say you have to book in advance and all sites in the Catoma loop are already booked.  We are really disappointed that there are no sites left.  We really are not fond of the Antioch loop and being relatively new Casita owners, getting to know others in this loop would be limited.  Obviously to be this booked 6 months in advance, there must be other activities going on at Gunter Hill COE.  Last year, we booked on October 18th and had several sites to choose from.  Just very disappointed.

Mike and Gerri, I also went to Rec.gov and saw that some sites are blocked as "Walk in only." Don't know how many in total fall into this category. Is it possible for you to arrive a tad early and try and snag these? I'm sure you saw my note ref sending a request for exception to policy allowing for us to double up. Will post the Parks response as soon as I get it here on this site. Best. Shorty sends...

Edited by Huevo Movil, 13 September 2014 - 08:34 AM.

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan

#27 SKYTALKER

SKYTALKER
  • Casita Club Member
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

Happy,

Check you PM.   From:  Skytalker

Maynard and Jacquie
2008 Spirit Deluxe 17'

#28 happytrails

happytrails
  • Casita Club Member
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, Birding, Travel/camping, Photography, Hiking and enjoying nature.

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

Happy,

Check you PM.   From:  Skytalker

Skytalker,

Sent you a PM.

Thanks...

Mike Jones

Mike & Gerri Jones
LaGrange, Georgia

#29 happytrails

happytrails
  • Casita Club Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

Hello folks, it appears that the Catoma Loop is sold out for our upcoming event. I have sent an email today to the Supervisory Park Ranger for Gunter Hill asking for an exception to policy by allowing us to park two Casita on a site. I will advise when I hear back from him. :unsure: 

Some ground rules in case our request is approved. Doubling Up is purely voluntary and it will be an individual responsibility to coordinate with the confirmed site holder. Each rig will be required to pay the appropriate nightly rate minus any discounts etc… I will notify everyone once I hear back from the COE Official. If you are a confirmed site holder and would be willing to double up (if approved) please post a missive on the forum so that interested parties can coordinate with you directly. Please ensure that you inform either Jean (borderbrae) or myself as we will have to keep the Park informed. :huh:

Just a friendly reminder, you can also stay at the Antioch Loop and travel to Catoma to partake in the activities. Although not the optimal solution it is an option. :blush: 

Shorty,

I sent you a PM.  when you have  a chance...

Mike & Gerri Jones
LaGrange, Georgia

#30 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

Shorty,

I sent you a PM.  when you have  a chance...

Check your PM. :-) Good night to all.

Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

- Ronald Reagan