#1 getnsmart2015

getnsmart2015
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 08:38 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:LD 17

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

Hello,

I'm happy to say I will be taking delivery of my new LD 17 on 9/10 and heading out for my first trip on 9/11.  I've been wanting a Casita since 2009 and I'm ecstatic to finally get it.  I was actually going to place my order in January next year to take delivery in the spring.  Luckily though, someone cancelled their order and I jumped on the opportunity!!!  I've been reading this forum for a long time and have learned many things from you fine folks.  Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience. 

#2 Mark Watson

Mark Watson
  • Casita Club Member
  • 544 posts
  • Local time: 07:38 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 FD 17

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

Good for you. You'll be able to do some fall camping. You will love every minute of it. See you on the road.

• getnsmart2015 likes this

Mark Watson

Houston,Tx
2008 17' FD

#3 MarksAlot

MarksAlot
  • Casita Club Member
  • 44 posts
  • Local time: 06:38 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Escape 19 Trailer
  • Interests:Camping to help battle stage 4 cancer.
    (and it's working!) :)

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

Congrats and enjoy!  :)

#4 Casita-Freak

Casita-Freak
  • Casita Club Member
  • 240 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Casita Spirit 17' 2012
  • Interests:Astronomy, CCD Imaging, Telescope making, Amateur radio WD5IKX, Photography, Reading
  • Trailer Name:Moonlight Manor

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

What part of North Texas are you from? I have NO doubt you will love your Casita.

John
Casita-Freak

#5 GarlandGuy

GarlandGuy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 94 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2014 SD 17'

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the group.  We are enjoying ours we bought last December.  I know you will have a great time.

Roger

#6 HBarlow

HBarlow
  • Casita Club Member
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

Welcome to the forum and to Casita ownership.

#7 getnsmart2015

getnsmart2015
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

What part of North Texas are you from? I have NO doubt you will love your Casita.

John
Casita-Freak

Hi John. I'm in Arlington.

#8 getnsmart2015

getnsmart2015
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

Thanks everyone!  Can't wait to welcome her home on 9/10!!!!

#9 jazzjunkysue

jazzjunkysue
  • Casita Club Member
  • 65 posts
  • Local time: 09:38 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Patriot
  • Interests:Kayaking, State Parks

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

Dear Getnsmart,

Congratulations! I'm a solo female traveler, too! You'll be great! I hope you won't mind me sharing with you some of my tricks for solo traveling:

I have to recommend Arizona's A-Z Casita guide. I was reading it on the treadmill for weeks while I waited for my Patriot to come out of the shop. On my first trips, I'd actually walk around the casita with the pdf open on my tablet, learning how do do everything.

I also suggest you look at the Rhinoflex sewer hose, with the garden hose rinser attachment and the clear section. Being a single owner, you'll find the little details like a hose that locks on is essential. The hose they give you has no locking mechanism at the park sewer end , and that's a really not good thing when you're all alone. Don't ask me how I know that!

http://www.amazon.co...el rv sewer kit

http://www.amazon.co...9955JW9SG9WP8S3

http://www.amazon.co...el rv sewer kit

http://www.etrailer....o/CAM40103.html

I'll never be without it. Also, do you know the garden hose wand that you use to rinse the black tank? You'll need that wand because it has a shut-off. That allows you to connect the dump station garden hose to the wand, and place the wand into the toilet through the window with the wand shut off. Then, you'll be able to walk around the casita to the dump station hose and turn it on without any water coming out. THEN, you can go back inside the casita and use the shut off to turn the water on when you get back into the bathroom. That wand with the shut off is absolutely essential to a solo traveler.

Everything is a little trickier when you don't have a helper, so, always consider the little things like shut-offs on hoses. It's like having another pair of hands.

If you know an experienced rver you can call during your first trip, that might be a good idea. If not, private message me and I'll give you my number.

Also, make sure you search for "false hitch" on the forums, so you'll be prepared to make sure your hitch is really connected. The first few times it's easy to think you're hitched, when you're not. Even after figuring it out, I sometimes get a false hitch, but I recognize it and start over. Raising the jack until it lifts your suv is the key: Make sure your hitch is on well enough to pick up your suv a couple of inches, and then you'll be sure you're hitched. 

Please let us know how it's going. I'm back to work now, so, I'll live vicariously on this site until I can get back on the road!

Sue

Jazzjunkysue :P

#10 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,132 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:30 AM

you live very close to several of us, we get together frequently to camp. don't hesitate to contact me by PM and i'll be happy to share several upcoming events here in the north texas area. you're welcome to join us. the very best way to learn about your casita is to read your owners manual several times, view the youtube videos and get out with others often. don't be in a hurry to buy or do anything until you figure out your camping style and what makes sense for you.
i'll be home again the end of this month and would be happy to meet you and do a few trips close to home to get you comfortable with your rig. congratulations on your purchase and hope to meet you and camp soon, regards, claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host