Tire security safety

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 acommontater

acommontater
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 07:22 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe, 17 ft.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

Casita recommends that the tires be checked every 500 miles or at the beginning of each trip for safety at highway speeds. When I bought my Casita I did not own a torque wrench but I do now! Harbor Freight is currently offering a 1/2 inch Drive Torque Wrench for $9.99, regular price $21.99. Adding a 3 in. Extension Bar and 1/2 Drive 13/16 12pt (size of your lugnut) put me in business for less than $18.00 and sure that one of my tires won't fall off as I travel. Don't know if you can mail-order but if interested, these offers from Harbor Freight come and go.

#2 WaltP

WaltP
  • Casita Club Member
  • 126 posts
  • Local time: 08:22 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' BigFoot, 2002

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

Unfortunately they don't have that offer online right now. Guess I'll need to keep an eye open for the next repeat.

Anyone spots it please post the URL here and those of us subscribed to this thread will pick up on it.

Walt

#3 fella10

fella10
  • Casita Club Member
  • 430 posts
  • Local time: 07:22 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:SD 17'

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

Unfortunately they don't have that offer online right now. Guess I'll need to keep an eye open for the next repeat.

Anyone spots it please post the URL here and those of us subscribed to this thread will pick up on it.

Walt

$11.99 using the coupon code shown,  I've had this same wrench for years, a good value for that price

http://www.harborfre...CI6 IjgifQ==

Edited by fella10, 19 July 2014 - 12:55 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tire security, safety