Photo

Hi! We're Also New Members From North Florida (Jacksonville)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fairlite

fairlite
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 06:17 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

We're Susan and Pete from Jacksonville in North Florida and have begun the search for our perfect little "quality" travel trailer.  Believe we may have narrowed it down to the 16/17' Casita, a Bigfoot, or (perhaps) even one of the Livin' Lite Camplites.  I know, a world of differences in those 3, right? Quality/longevity are primary targets though. An Oliver or Airstream would definitely be in consideration except they're so pricey.  Don't mind doing routine maintenance and mods but definitely also don't want to be aggravated to death by some of the junk that is on the market.  Have already grown attached to the sense of community exhibited by you Casita groupies (plus the camper is just plain cute and practical).

We're in our early 60's and retired a few years back.  In my earlier years, I (Susan) did quite a bit of backpacking, tent and truck camping so I'm not opposed to traveling light.  However, during our working years, we had a 32' Class A bought new in 1992. It got old and became a maintenance issue and we didn't use it nearly as much so we gave it to our kids.  Plus, filling up the gas tank on that sucker could give you heart failure nowadays!   Now we think it may be time to get back on the road a bit and are looking for something more economical and easy to use.  Our planned use of the 'little' camper will be short excursions (probably not more than a couple of weeks here and there) and a yearly (at least) cross-country to visit our youngest daughter and her family in the San Diego area or up to central NY to visit my husband's family.   Guidance or suggestions are welcome.

• Red Dog and Tampa Rick like this

#2 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer
  • Admin
  • 4,025 posts
  • Local time: 10:17 AM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1000

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

Welcome to Both of you!

Eric  B)

• Tampa Rick likes this

The Casita Club