#1 Lyndaslp

Lyndaslp
  • Casita Club Member
  • 25 posts
  • Local time: 03:59 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17'SD
  • Interests:Quilting, Photography, Travel, and Spending time with family

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

We are picking up our new to us Casita this weekend and I'm dying to learn the secret hand shake/symbol. :) It would be fun to get together if we could as well. We just booked the 4th of July weekend down in Coronado as our maiden voyage! 

Edited by Lyndaslp, 19 June 2014 - 05:54 PM.

#2 Casita Bella

Casita Bella
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts
  • Local time: 04:59 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:1998 SD17
  • Interests:Photography, kayaking, needlepoint, real estate, terriers, word games.
  • Trailer Name:Casita Bella

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:32 PM

We have a 1998 SD, purchased two years ago, and are having a ball with it. We live in Allied Gardens and would love to admire your new Casita when you get it home. I'm curious to know where you'll be camping on Coronado over the 4th of July (maybe you're military?) - we'll have house guests then, so won't be going out, but we have a short trip to a campground near Julian planned for mid-July, and in the past we've had fun times out in the Anza Borrego (NOT summer time) and the Cuyamacas. You are going to have so much fun!!!
  • Lyndaslp likes this
Nancy & Al Wolfing + Tai (Ancient and Extraordinary Jack Russell Terrorist) & Molly (curly girl Pumi)
San Diego, California

#3 Lyndaslp

Lyndaslp
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

We got her home Saturday night late, so we have been shopping and moving/packing to get ready for our trip. We got a spot in the Silver Strand area (I think its in the bay rather than the ocean side) on reserveamerica.com. It's just past the Naval area or where the Seals train. I've never been down there to check the site out but I hear it's pretty nice.
We hope to check out some more of the camp sites in or close to San Diego before taking her out on a long trip. I'm dying to go back to Death Valley and go to Joshua Tree for the first time. Clearly, we have to wait until fall for both of those now. Any tips or suggestions about the area (great places to camp, etc) would be much appreciated, as I'm completely new to camping. 

Yes, my husband is in the Marine Corps. :) 

#4 Lyndaslp

Lyndaslp
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

We have a 1998 SD, purchased two years ago, and are having a ball with it. We live in Allied Gardens and would love to admire your new Casita when you get it home. I'm curious to know where you'll be camping on Coronado over the 4th of July (maybe you're military?) - we'll have house guests then, so won't be going out, but we have a short trip to a campground near Julian planned for mid-July, and in the past we've had fun times out in the Anza Borrego (NOT summer time) and the Cuyamacas. You are going to have so much fun!!!

Not sure if just a reply will alert you… Figured I would 'Quote' you and try that. 

#5 Toca

Toca
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 04:59 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:13' Standard

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

My name is Toca.  I bought an 89 Casita in 2012. I bought it through eBay and drove by myself to Ohio to pick it up.  Then, I just cruised all around the US.  8,000mi.  later I returned home.  Have done a lot of camping up north (N.  of San Diego) in cities like Santa Barbara,  Porterville, etc.  By now,  you two have camped a good number of places in or around SD.  We should meet up and set up a small excursion somewhere.  I realise this sounds a bit vague but if you reply in the next few weeks we can exchange emails and phone numbers.  Congrats on the new Casita.

-Toca Rivera

p.s.- I live in Escondido about 20 mi North of San Diego proper...

Edited by Toca, 30 July 2014 - 06:22 PM.