#1 DAP

DAP
  • Casita Club Member
  • 27 posts
  • Local time: 01:12 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17'
  • Interests:Retired Navy! Camping, running, hiking,biking

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:03 AM

Any recommendations on a RV park in Roswell area?  It's just for an overnight stop on our way to Santa Fe

#2 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Local time: 10:12 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 SD 17
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

Several of us stayed at Bottomless Lakes State Park, just east of Rowell, a few years ago. It's a bit of a drive from Roswell, but a nice park.

RVParkReviews.com is a great resource when researching places to stay anywhere in the U.S. Other campsites in the Roswell area: http://www.rvparkrev...co/Roswell.html

Eileen

07 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 09 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

Photos: Casita Travel Photo Albums

#3 The Cozy Egg

The Cozy Egg
  • Casita Club Member
  • 87 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Play chess, relax fishing, kayaking.
  • Trailer Name:Cozy Pawn

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Stayed at Roswell Bottomless State Park a number of years ago. If you want a cool dip into a swimming hole that's the place. The water is crystal clear. Would stay there again. Worth seeing the sink holes.

#4 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,420 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

If you are only wanting an overnite stop, a place to sleep, we have stayed in the Walmart Parking lot with no issues. We make the trip to Santa Fe often to ski in the winter. 

Clover

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#5 Txshep

Txshep
  • Casita Club Member
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 06:12 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty Deluxe 17 '
  • Trailer Name:Egg zactly

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

I have stayed at Bottomless Lakes several times and it is a great state park.  I think about 30 mi. outside of Roswell.  While in Santa Fe be sure to check out the Conchiti COE Park south of the city but close.  Great place and Tent Rocks are on the reservation.  Watched those rocks for hours but none fell.

#6 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,259 posts
  • Local time: 12:12 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

For fun I just checked: http://www.allstays....t-locations.htm.    Shows national Walmart locations and whether or not overnighting is permitted.

Hmmm, from my present position in Montana it shows a mere 1,193 miles to the Roswell Walmart.  If I really want to go there perhaps I should take my flying saucer. :ph34r:  thmbup  :o

Dutchman

ps: Don't forget the alien museum in town. Good for a laugh  :lol:

Edited by Dutchman, 09 June 2014 - 10:32 AM.

• ArizonaEileen likes this

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#7 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,420 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

For fun I just checked: http://www.allstays....t-locations.htm.    Shows national Walmart locations and whether or not overnighting is permitted.

Hmmm, from my present position in Montana it shows a mere 1,193 miles to the Roswell Walmart.  If I really want to go there perhaps I should take my flying saucer. :ph34r:  thmbup  :o

Dutchman

ps: Don't forget the alien museum in town. Good for a laugh  :lol:

Dutchman

I only bring up the Walmart since the poster indicated they JUST wanted an overnight stay. Some folks are not aware of the Walmart option. I am selective and make sure it appears to be safe and then ask permission. 

We went to Roswell on the way to Santa Fe to ski and on the return trip we went to Carlsbad Caverns, 6 years ago. At that time my son was 6. He doesn't remember much about the ski trip, a little about the sledding down the mountain with one of dogs, nothing about our all day tour of Carlsbad Caverns...............however he recalls very clearly the corny museum in Roswell with the faux rubber alien on the hospital gurney, LOL!

So 2 years ago we returned to Carlsbad Caverns when we went to Guadalupe Mountains NP and Ft Davis SP.

Clover  

• latte likes this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)