#1 jazzjunkysue

jazzjunkysue
  • Casita Club Member
  • 65 posts
  • Local time: 07:38 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Patriot
  • Interests:Kayaking, State Parks

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:31 AM

I'm about to buy a Patriot without title and CT says I don't need a title if it's gvwr is below 3000. Well, the dry weight is well under that, but the brochure says the "axle capacity" is 3500. Are these the same things?

If they are, I can't buy the used casita because there's not title and it's above 3000.

I'm $%# out of luck.

Anyone know?

Jazzjunkysue :P

#2 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Local time: 03:38 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 SD 17
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:02 AM

How are you going to get license plates without a title? What year is the Casita? 

Do you know the seller personally...or are you buying from eBay or Craigslist? 

Something sounds very fishy here. Please furnish the details before you take the next step.

Just looking out for you.

Eileen

• Dex likes this
07 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 09 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

Photos: Casita Travel Photo Albums

#3 jazzjunkysue

jazzjunkysue
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 65 posts
  • Local time: 07:38 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Patriot
  • Interests:Kayaking, State Parks

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:33 AM

Help! My sellers are a little confused. Can anyone check the vin on the frame underneath the patriot propane and tell me the GVWR? I know the GVW is 1400, but is there another number for GVWR???

The state of CT needs both numbers plus dry weight. 

I want to buy tomorrow, so, I hope someone can tell me today. The owners of mine are old and 3 states away so I need a whole day to go look. 

I've got the registration to leave their state figured out. I just need this "GVWR."

Thanks,

Sue

Jazzjunkysue :P

#4 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,423 posts
  • Local time: 06:38 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

Help! My sellers are a little confused. Can anyone check the vin on the frame underneath the patriot propane and tell me the GVWR? I know the GVW is 1400, but is there another number for GVWR???

I want to buy tomorrow, so, I hope someone can tell me today. The owners of mine are old and 3 states away so I need a whole day to go look. 

I've got the registration to leave their state figured out. I just need this "GVWR."

Thanks,

Sue

sue, i agree with arizone eileen. where is the title to that trailer? he certainly got it when he bought it. he needs to sign title over to you to prove you own it. something very strange here. be cautious

• ArizonaEileen likes this

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#5 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,998 posts
  • Local time: 04:38 AM
  • Interests:Member Since
    Jan 21 2005
  • Trailer Name:AZ Snowball

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

I'm with everybody else..... There is something fishy about no title. But to answer your question the trailer if it's the deluxe with the bath weighs in around 1900lbs and no way it will weigh 3,000 lbs plus. the axle is a 3500lb capacity axle and not the weight of the trailer which means that axle can take up to that much weight so it is overkill on the patriot which is a good thing.....now that being said the older patriots had a 2500 lb axle so this one is on the newer side and really should have a title. I wouldn't touch it but wanted to answer your questions on weight.

Joe

• ArizonaEileen likes this

Joe & Linda
Dodge Ram 4x4

#6 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:50 AM

Thanks,

Sue

hey, sue, we're all wondering how it's going with you and the possible purchase of the 2005 patriot deluxe with no title? how did it work out? was he able to provide the title? otherwise, you will never be able to resell that patriot to anyone else, just saying. no one will buy it without clear  title and signed transfer of title to conclude the sale, that's just too abnormal. hope all works out for you, and we get the chance to caravan up in your neck of the woods and possibly into canada at some future time,with our little patriots! regards, claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#7 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

Thanks,

Sue

hey, sue, we're all wondering how it's going with you and the possible purchase of the 2005 patriot deluxe with no title? how did it work out? was he able to provide the title? otherwise, you will never be able to resell that patriot to anyone else, just saying. no one will buy it without clear  title and signed transfer of title to conclude the sale, that's just too abnormal. hope all works out for you, and we get the chance to caravan up in your neck of the woods and possibly into canada at some future time,with our little patriots! regards, claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

congratulations, sue, on your patriot acquisition! glad it all was done nice and legal-like! now, on to the fun part, when will you be ready to go camping somewhere? have fun with your new baby, claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host