jazzjunkysue
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 65 posts
  • Local time: 06:41 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Patriot
  • Interests:Kayaking, State Parks

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

Hey everyone, I'm so excited I have to share my new toy.

I just finally, after a month and a half, got my camper home today from the shop in danbury. (He says she's in fine shape.) She's adorable! (Pic attached) She rode quite nicely behind my volvo. The two seem to get along well. It was my first time hooking them up. I've been planning this for 2 months, not knowing if it all would really work. But it did! yay!

I spent the evening cutting a mattress pad for the bed and setting it up with sheets, etc. I sewed a mosquito net for the door, and tomorrow I'll put her all together. I'll put some water in the tank and see if I can get the propane water heater and fridge working. I wish I were going right out to a park with her, but I have a family wedding and my daughter out east this week, so, I'll just have to wait till I get back. 

The men in the shop usually work on $200K+ rigs. They came out to tell me how much they love my little toy. They were all smiles and wanted to hear where I'd be taking her. She gets alot of attention! My neighbor is great with cars and backed her into the driveway for me. He spent about an hour with me inside and out, and he loves it, too. He's pulled trailers before so today I just wanted to get it home. I'll have to practice backing up in august.

I'm gonna name her My Puppy because everyone who sees her says, "Awwww!"

I hope everyone's having a great summer! Thanks for all of the great advice I've gotten on here!

<end brag>
Sue

DSCN2740.JPG

Jazzjunkysue :P

#32 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,435 posts
  • Local time: 04:41 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:38 AM

Hey everyone, I'm so excited I have to share my new toy.

I just finally, after a month and a half, got my camper home today from the shop in danbury. (He says she's in fine shape.) She's adorable! (Pic attached) She rode quite nicely behind my volvo. The two seem to get along well. It was my first time hooking them up. I've been planning this for 2 months, not knowing if it all would really work. But it did! yay!

I spent the evening cutting a mattress pad for the bed and setting it up with sheets, etc. I sewed a mosquito net for the door, and tomorrow I'll put her all together. I'll put some water in the tank and see if I can get the propane water heater and fridge working. I wish I were going right out to a park with her, but I have a family wedding and my daughter out east this week, so, I'll just have to wait till I get back. 

The men in the shop usually work on $200K+ rigs. They came out to tell me how much they love my little toy. They were all smiles and wanted to hear where I'd be taking her. She gets alot of attention! My neighbor is great with cars and backed her into the driveway for me. He spent about an hour with me inside and out, and he loves it, too. He's pulled trailers before so today I just wanted to get it home. I'll have to practice backing up in august.

I'm gonna name her My Puppy because everyone who sees her says, "Awwww!"
I hope everyone's having a great summer! Thanks for all of the great advice I've gotten on here!
<end brag>
Sue
attachicon.gifDSCN2740.JPG

sue, "my puppy" looks exactly like my "sassie cassie". congratulations, you're going to have more fun with her than i can tell you. i've been in nearly constant motion since i bought her feb 1, even fitted in an extended boondocking trip recently with a friend in colorado. my best advice is, get out as often as possible, learn about her, don't be in a big hurry to do anything necessarily to her til you get some alone time with her. you'll learn what modifications/additions/changes make sense for you and your type of travelling and which don't. camp with casita friends and attend rallies whenever you can, you'll learn so much. keep reading on this site, so many folks on here are full of experience about our trailers.
i'd love to see a pic of the screen you made for the door. might want to do the same to sassie cassie.
i'm planning a trip with a friend later this summer in to canada, we'll leave texas and stop at my cousins in ohio for some rest then continue on to ontario, and rice lake. i'll give you a shout as we get close to your neck of the woods. it would be fun to sit them side by side and chat about the wonders of our trailers, wouldn't it? safe travels, claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#33 codasmom

codasmom
  • Casita Club Member
  • 152 posts
  • Local time: 03:41 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Patriot 13'
  • Interests:Dogs and training, Artwork, photography, kayaking, bicycling, hiking, gardening, knitting,etc

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Ahhhhh your persistence finally rewarded!!  Congratulations.  The fun begins.