clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,423 posts
  • Local time: 07:18 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

at some point i'll probably want to replace or cover the cushions in my patriot with something more supportive than the cheapo mattress cover i bought at walmart feb 1. any suggestions on what might fit? i'm thinking it may be a challenge! thanks for any suggestions

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#2 f_stop

f_stop
  • Casita Club Member
  • 615 posts
  • Local time: 08:18 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:16' spirit deluxe

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:46 AM

i added a memory foam mattress pad on top of the casita cushions and it made a world of difference.  a double bed pad will cover it.  just take the cushions out, lay them on the pad and trace the shape.  an electric knife works great to trim it.  you might want to consider replacing the "casita wood" table top with real plywood as the composite wood sags a bit over time.  

p@

"peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from the gods"
kurt vonnegut, the sirens of titan

#3 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:28 AM

i added a memory foam mattress pad on top of the casita cushions and it made a world of difference.  a double bed pad will cover it.  just take the cushions out, lay them on the pad and trace the shape.  an electric knife works great to trim it.  you might want to consider replacing the "casita wood" table top with real plywood as the composite wood sags a bit over time.  

p@

good ideas, f_stop. sounds like a weekend project to me. thanks for the info on the casita wood table as well. happy camping

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#4 codasmom

codasmom
  • Casita Club Member
  • 152 posts
  • Local time: 05:18 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Patriot 13'
  • Interests:Dogs and training, Artwork, photography, kayaking, bicycling, hiking, gardening, knitting,etc

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

I purchased an 8" memory foam mattress, laid the Patriot cushions on it for a pattern and cut it to fit.

I also cut a new wood support for the mattress out of marine ply because I leave my bed up all the time and don't use the table.  

I had a twin sized "cuddle ewe" that I put on top of the memory foam and this is just great sleeping now!!

I gained a bit of storage space and less aggravation without the table leg mount on the bottom of the mattress support board.

For sheets, I use the twin sized made out of the stretchy t-shirt like fabric.  Soft and a great fit.

The funniest part of this whole process was squeezing the new mattress into the Patriot door by myself and getting it into place.  I'm NEVER taking it out!!

#5 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

I purchased an 8" memory foam mattress, laid the Patriot cushions on it for a pattern and cut it to fit.

I also cut a new wood support for the mattress out of marine ply because I leave my bed up all the time and don't use the table.  

I had a twin sized "cuddle ewe" that I put on top of the memory foam and this is just great sleeping now!!

I gained a bit of storage space and less aggravation without the table leg mount on the bottom of the mattress support board.

For sheets, I use the twin sized made out of the stretchy t-shirt like fabric.  Soft and a great fit.

The funniest part of this whole process was squeezing the new mattress into the Patriot door by myself and getting it into place.  I'm NEVER taking it out!!

yes, i'm thinking that's going to be the challenge, getting the mattress through the door and into the space. aw, i just live for challenges, don't you? LOL, thanks for the info, claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host