#1 Red Dog

Red Dog
  • Casita Club Member
  • 22 posts
  • Local time: 01:46 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit 17'
  • Interests:Photography, Birding, Biking, Hiking, Astronomy,

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

We just ordered our 2014 Spirit Deluxe 17' on Monday and will be driving an hour down the road to Rice, TX on July 21st to pick it up. Some people are calling us crazy for selling our Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic to finance the new egg, but we are ready for some quiet time and this trailer seems to fit the bill perfectly. Look forward to new and wonderful adventures!

Fred and Dora M.

photo-2.JPG

• oregonlavender likes this

Red Dog

#2 MarksAlot

MarksAlot
  • Casita Club Member
  • 44 posts
  • Local time: 11:46 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Escape 19 Trailer
  • Interests:Camping to help battle stage 4 cancer.
    (and it's working!) :)

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

It's not really crazy to sell your Harley Ultra Classic to finance your new Casita. After owning 2 Street Glides and having to give up riding due to cancer, I know it's a good change to own a Casita. I own a 2010 Freedom Deluxe and have been living the camping life for nearly a year now. The communal spirit that riders hold so dear is also in campers.

I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting, chatting and sharing many really cool adventures in your Casita. Camping is a great life style and although it's not a Harley, it's a great time and you'll have many great memories for the rest of your life. And if you think about it..... You're still on two wheels. :)

Nice picture too. You're grinning ear to ear. You're happy.

Enjoy. :)

Mark
  • Bmak likes this

#3 GarlandGuy

GarlandGuy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 94 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2014 SD 17'

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

Congrats on the decision.  I hope you will be as happy as we are.  We just returned from our 3rd trip in our new (Dec. '13) Casita SD 17'.  After getting it setup the way we wanted it, my wife said on this trip - "There is nothing I would change.  Everything works great."  We had a pop-up recently and when kids were young had pop-up, trailer, and used parents trailers and motorhomes of various sizes.  This one is just great for the two of us.

R & C

#4 Red Dog

Red Dog
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

Thanks to both Mark, as well as R&C for your responses. That really made me feel very warm as we transition to a new lifestyle.
Mark, that is my wife, Dora, poking out the door of the model in Rice. She can hardly wait!!!

R&C, we are practically neighbors, as we live by White Rock Lake. Curious to know where you store your Casita. I am looking for place. We are living in apt. complex.

Fred M.

Red Dog

#5 GarlandGuy

GarlandGuy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:25 AM

Fred,

One of the reasons (though not the primary one) for selecting the Casita is that we can park it in our driveway (rear entry).  We took delivery of the Casita before we sold our pop-up, so we had to find a storage location for the pop-up.  One that I found reasonably close to us in South Garland was at Uncle Bob's just south of Town East Mall.  It was 40.00/month open air storage.  Best price I found.  Some were over 100.00/month in Garland.  Since the Casita is no larger than a bass boat, I assume your apt. doesn't allow you to keep anything like that on premises.  Sorry, I can't help more.  

Roger and Clarice

#6 Red Dog

Red Dog
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Roger and Clarice,
Uncle Bob's is not that far from us, so that may work out. I will give them a shout! Our apt has a an attached garage and driveway, so I figure I can park it in our 19' driveway for the night so we can get it ready for a trip. Thank you so much!

Fred M.

Red Dog

#7 Red Dog

Red Dog
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

Well Roger, the good news is that I found a spot at Uncle Bob's in Mesquite! I did not want to wait until July 21st to be scrambling for a storage place,so I figured I would snag one now. The bad news is that they want a copy of my title to insure I am letigimate owner of our Casita. I told the guy, "the darned thing has not even been built yet"! So tomorrow, I gotta call the manager and see what she says...sheesh! I will stay after them. I also found another place closer to home but they are asking $60.

Red Dog

#8 GarlandGuy

GarlandGuy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:24 PM

Glad they had a spot.  Hopefully, they will be glad to take your money now and you can produce a title when you actually store the Casita there.  Maybe the invoice from Casita might work with the VIN number on it with the delivery date.  We only used them for a couple of months, but had no problems with them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spirit, 17