Photo

Proud Owner Of A New 2014 Casita 17' Independence Deluxe Model!

Independence Deluxe Model

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 maile13

maile13
  • Casita Club Member
  • 10 posts
  • Local time: 07:58 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Independence Deluxe 17'
  • Interests:soultechnologies.com

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

It has only been a week and a half since I took possession of my new 2014, 17' Casita Independence Deluxe Model. Some features have changed from the floor model. Including that there is now an option to choose dark gray cushions which I got at the last minute. I have taken some pictures that I am sharing here. I will be taking more and posting in the near future. 

I chose the Independence Deluxe Model because I liked the size of the twin beds and did not mind the narrow area in between. The wide twin beds come in handy when one is not traveling alone. I chose all the optional equipment and I installed my own 24 inch LED TV to connect to a MacMini and a Playstation.

I used 4 king size pillows to create the sitting area. 2 to cover the cushions and 2 just to place on top of the edge of the bed area creating the illusion of a sitting area. I also asked to have installed the attachment underneath the large wooden piece to use it as a large table instead of the little tables whenever I want that option. 

I am just in love with my new Casita!  :wow:

Marylin Rey 

Florida

Attached Thumbnails

• ViewSittingArea.jpg
  • StorageArea2.jpg
  • NewGrayCushions2.JPG
  • StorageArea1.jpg
  • 2TableSetUp.jpg
  • LargeTable.jpg
  • NewGrayCushion.jpg
  • WithoutTables.jpg
  • Z SpareTireCover.jpg
  • ZZ TakingItForSpin.PNG

• Perry & Kay, SKYTALKER, sandyb12 and 2 others like this

#2 Gourdamental

Gourdamental
  • Casita Club Member
  • 82 posts
  • Local time: 08:58 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2014 Liberty Deluxe
  • Interests:Avid crafter...especially gourds
    Retired 9-1-1 Calltaker

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

Very nice. Enjoy. I'm down to 7 more weeks to pick up my Liberty. I'm a solo woman rv'er too.

Hey, love the spare tire cover.

Edited by Gourdamental, 23 April 2014 - 10:41 PM.

• sandyb12 and maile13 like this

Gourdamentally yours,

Shelly 

2014 Calista 17' Liberty "Podette", towed by 06 Toyota Sienna

#3 LarryTB

LarryTB
  • Casita Club Member
  • 36 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2014 Spirit Deluxe/17

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:03 AM

Yes congratulations on your new Casita. I pick up my new 17 Spirit Deluxe on 05 May in Rice. I also ordered pretty much all the options. I live in Sun City Center Florida.

Where did you get your spare tire cover, very nice.

Cheers

Larry

#4 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,259 posts
  • Local time: 06:58 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:16 AM

Awesome interior  :wow: .  Congratulations on your new Casita.

Dutchman

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#5 Babs&Chris

Babs&Chris
  • Casita Club Member
  • 441 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17SD
  • Interests:Cycling, hiking, paddling, history

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

Absolutely love your cheerful colors!  Great job.

• Perry & Kay likes this

#6 happydogs

happydogs
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:WANTED: 16' Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:My dogs, agility competitions, fall colors, mountains, clean air and beautiful scenery.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

I agree - your cheery colors are awesome!  Congratulations on your new trailer!

#7 trumpetguy

trumpetguy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Singing classical music. . Hiking and backpacking.
  • Trailer Name:Setting Sail

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

Awesome tire cover. Please share your resource. After a few trips in our SD 17 and the crawl over bed I would really enjoy the ID sleeping arrangement. Maybe in a few years some used ones will become available.

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Setting Sail)

2011 Chevy Avalanche 5.3 V8

www.emeraldcoastcamper.com

"Hail to the rest of the road"

#8 tractors1

tractors1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 424 posts
  • Local time: 05:58 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:ex-LD17, Escape21 now
  • Interests:Scuba diving, old tractors, woodworking

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

Awesome tire cover. Please share your resource. After a few trips in our SD 17 and the crawl over bed I would really enjoy the ID sleeping arrangement. Maybe in a few years some used ones will become available.

Many Liberty Deluxe owners converted their rigs to twin beds (which probably helped inspire the Independence model) by widening the benches a few inches. Sometimes we use that setup in ours.

Charlie Y

ex-owner LD17, Escape 21 now
2013 Tacoma V6 4dr 4wd long bed

Need a widget to hold your stuff?

Don't drill holes!
http://www.rvwidgetworks.com

#9 maile13

maile13
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

Thank you so much for all your comments. I bought the tire cover from http://www.custom-tire-covers.net. I was very impressed with their service. I did choose one of their designs and then I submitted the text in Adobe Photoshop with the specific colors and font that I wanted. They will work with you with whatever you want on your cover. They send you proof after proof until you say FINAL Approved. I worked directly with their graphics designer. 

I made a mistake in my description yesterday. "I used 4 king size pillows to create the sitting area". I meant to say 4 king size pillow cases. 2 to cover the cushions and 2 to create the illusion of a sitting area.

I do like the fact that the twin beds are pretty wide. If I am very tired, I don't have to make a bigger bed and just crash on the twin bed. Today I installed a carbon monoxide detector, an alarm on the front door, and a soap/shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the bathroom. I will be installing alarms also on the windows. I will also be installing a back up camera which works with an iPhone and/or iPad. Since I travel alone, this comes in handy. A very small camera and a very small wireless transmitter. Will install a switch inside the battery compartment  in order to turn it off when not using it. 

Larry, from Florida...I just ordered my personalized tag with CASITA which was available in Florida! I should be getting it in a month or so. 

I now think that there is such a thing as Casita FEVER....LOL  :rofl:

Marylin

• Babs&Chris likes this

#10 Babs&Chris

Babs&Chris
  • Casita Club Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:50 AM

Trumpetguy--some Spirit owners have modified their Spirits to having a single bed across the back, still leaving room for a small table where the other half of the bed used to be, and then making the side dinette a full time sofa/bed, with or without widening it.  I will eventually do that to mine when I get tired of or am no longer agile enough to do the climb over thing.  I prefer to modify the trailer I have because I don't want to start over with a new trailer doing my upgrades  (thermostat, shower, etc.)  I hope Clover see this and will chime in because she did that to hers and it looks like it works well.

#11 trumpetguy

trumpetguy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Singing classical music. . Hiking and backpacking.
  • Trailer Name:Setting Sail

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

Thanks Babs and Chris. I have seen that mod and it would work well. For now the thought of removing the divider wall is pretty daunting, plus my wife enjoys the convenience of leaving everything in place rather than re configuring every day. If we remain trailer campers, as opposed to some sort of motor home I can see us in the Escape 21 one day. Age and physical limitations will play a big role in decisions.

Have a great day. Camping season is here. yay.
  • Babs&Chris likes this

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Setting Sail)

2011 Chevy Avalanche 5.3 V8

www.emeraldcoastcamper.com

"Hail to the rest of the road"

#12 tractors1

tractors1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 424 posts
  • Local time: 05:58 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:ex-LD17, Escape21 now
  • Interests:Scuba diving, old tractors, woodworking

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

Thanks Babs and Chris. I have seen that mod and it would work well. For now the thought of removing the divider wall is pretty daunting, plus my wife enjoys the convenience of leaving everything in place rather than re configuring every day. If we remain trailer campers, as opposed to some sort of motor home I can see us in the Escape 21 one day. Age and physical limitations will play a big role in decisions.

Have a great day. Camping season is here. yay.

We just decided on an Escape 21 (after visiting several at the Oregon NOG last weekend) to replace our LD17 as wifey needs an inclined bed for medical reasons and the foam wedgies don't work for her. Not something easy to arrange in a Casita, but pretty simple in the 21.

Charlie Y

• Babs&Chris and trumpetguy like this

ex-owner LD17, Escape 21 now
2013 Tacoma V6 4dr 4wd long bed

Need a widget to hold your stuff?

Don't drill holes!
http://www.rvwidgetworks.com

#13 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,420 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

Marilyn

Congratulations on the new Independence! Have a lot of fun and meet a lot of new folks, the "family" is great.

From your pictures I can see that Casita has made a significant change from when they first "released" the new Independence model. They added access doors in the aisle way. Good move, in the original the only access was from the top and required you lift up and hold or move the bed cushions. Maybe I missed that detail in the past and someone else may have noticed it. I think that is a smart change on the part of Casita. 

Here are some pictures when it first came out. 

http://www.casitaclu...hl=independence

Clover

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#14 maile13

maile13
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

Hi Clover,

The salesman from Casita shared with me that they are still changing things around with the Independence. As you notice there is now storage space access from below and I believe they also changed something to do with the furnace. The floor model shows the furnace exhaust vent next to the sink by the bed area and electrical outlet. Mine does not have that there.

I am glad to see that they now have the option of gray cushions which I noticed inside the floor model the day I went to pick up my Casita. I asked if I could exchange the pattern ones for the solid gray and I got them. I like them much better.  I also asked them to install under the large piece of wood (used for the bed) the attachment that allows me to use it as a table. They charged me only $16.00 dollars and it gives me the option to use it as a large table if I want it instead of the 2 little tables that come with the Independence.

Thanks for sharing with me the pictures from when the Independence first came out.

Marylin

#15 Babs&Chris

Babs&Chris
  • Casita Club Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

Charlie, that is probably as perfect as a trailer can get. Just don't let it deter you from making Casita widgets-we need them!