7 replies to this topic

#1 Rich&Gina

Rich&Gina
  • Casita Club Member
  • 55 posts
  • Local time: 01:18 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Freedom Deluxe 17ft

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

Bad news for us, but maybe good news for someone else. When we made our reservations many months ago, my wife was not planning on having surgery in December. But, plans changed, she had to have surgery on her foot, she is still not able to put weight on it and is in a wheel chair. We can not figure out a way to make the Casita work for us, so we are going to have to cancel our trip. We have reserved :Site 022, CATOMA LOOP. If you would like to have this site, please contact me and I will then cancel, so you can pick up the reservation. If I don't hear from anyone, I will just go ahead and cancel the reservation. Sorry to have to miss this, but maybe next year.

#2 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Local time: 03:18 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:57 AM

So sorry you won't be able to come! I hope the healing process goes smoothly. Thanks for posting this, maybe someone will jump in. 

Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#3 stu-ru

stu-ru
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:spirit 17" DX

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

I have just jumped in & am interested, but lacking significant details, eg location & dates. Thanks

#4 Babs&Chris

Babs&Chris
  • Casita Club Member
  • 441 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17SD
  • Interests:Cycling, hiking, paddling, history

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:39 AM

Stu-Ru--Green Eggs and Ham is a week and a half from now in Alabama.  Campsites have been full for some time now, but, as you see, some cancellations are occurring so there may be an opportunity to get in, either in the Catoma loop or the adjacent loop of the campground.  Also, the campground is allowing doubling up on sites, so someone may be willing to share.  I would offer, but we have two bikes, two kayaks, and a dog so it wouldn't be a comfortable fit.  Here is the website with links for registration, and a schedule of events.

http://www.borderbra.../ge-h/ge-h.html

If that is too soon for you to make plans, we are trying to start a Louisiana rally this year.  It will be May 7-11 at Fontainbleau State Park in Mandeville, LA.  Info is available on this forum at:

http://www.casitaclu...casitas-creole/

Babs

Edited by Babs&Chris, 28 February 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#5 thetravelkids

thetravelkids
  • Casita Club Member
  • 332 posts
  • Local time: 02:18 AM
  • Casita Club Directory #:2583

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

I have just jumped in & am interested, but lacking significant details, eg location & dates. Thanks

Stu-ru,

Green Eggs & Ham IV will be at Gunter Hill CofE campground which is near Montgomery, Alabama.  Reservations can be made via the ReserveAmerica.com website.  What day to arrive?  That's up to you, but the "official" schedule starts Wednesday, March 12th with an evening Chili Dump.  Many of us will arrive early to socialize.  Check out Jean's Green Eggs & Ham website at: http://www.borderbra.../ge-h/ge-h.html

There is a list of proposed activities .

Edited by thetravelkids, 28 February 2014 - 10:58 AM.

Bob & Pat
2012 Evergreen Element ET26SLR - "Ms Ellie"
2007 Casita 17' SD, gone but not forgotten
2018 Ford Expedition XLT
Visit us at www.katrinacasita.wordpress.com

#6 thetravelkids

thetravelkids
  • Casita Club Member
  • 332 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:2583

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

Stu-ru,

Sent you a PM.

Bob

Edited by thetravelkids, 01 March 2014 - 12:41 PM.

Bob & Pat
2012 Evergreen Element ET26SLR - "Ms Ellie"
2007 Casita 17' SD, gone but not forgotten
2018 Ford Expedition XLT
Visit us at www.katrinacasita.wordpress.com

#7 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Stu-ru if you get a campsite please let me know. There is an email link to me and Shorty (the other organizer) on the website. As others have mentioned the fastest way to find a site is on recreation.gov or reserveamerica. There are 3 or 4 rigs booked in to the Antioch loop because Catoma was full, but it is definitely worth checking out to see if any sites in the Catoma loop have become free. 

Good luck, if you decide to come I think you'll enjoy it. 

• MMoe likes this
Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#8 Huevo Movil

Huevo Movil
  • Casita Club Member
  • 913 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:None att :-(
  • Casita Club Directory #:3089

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Bad news for us, but maybe good news for someone else. When we made our reservations many months ago, my wife was not planning on having surgery in December. But, plans changed, she had to have surgery on her foot, she is still not able to put weight on it and is in a wheel chair. We can not figure out a way to make the Casita work for us, so we are going to have to cancel our trip. We have reserved :Site 022, CATOMA LOOP. If you would like to have this site, please contact me and I will then cancel, so you can pick up the reservation. If I don't hear from anyone, I will just go ahead and cancel the reservation. Sorry to have to miss this, but maybe next year.

Rich and Gina, sorry to hear about your cancellation due to foot surgery. I hope you recover soon. Please PM or email me your snail mail address so that we may return your rig fee. I wish you well and look forward to meeting you down the black top. Best. Shorty sends...

Live well, life is very good!!!
Best. Shorty sends...
Rocket City USA, AL

2014 Roadtrek 190 Popular,  "Big Edna II"  :D

1999 Coach House 192KS Wide Body, aka "Big Edna"  (Sold, but not forgotten also... :unsure:)
2007 Casita 17' FD - (R/V Huevo Movil - RIP - Died on I-75)
2006 Casita 17' SD - (Sold, but not forgotten!)
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
- Ronald Reagan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Green Eggs and Ham