#1 cheesedog

cheesedog
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 01:17 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

Hello all,

We will be picking up our 2014 Casita SD 17 in a couple weeks out in Rice, TX. We are from Miami and are driving my F-150 and this will be our first time to Texas. Does any one know of a good and safe campground in the vicinity of the Casita factory? We are thinking of staying for a few days in the area after picking up the SD and are looking at Purtis Creek state park. Is anyone familiar with this campground or any other campground around Rice?

Happy Camping to all
Pat

#2 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Casita Club Member
  • 677 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Casita Liberty/17

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

Pat,
Do a search for campgrounds in the area. PRTexas (Reine) has posted several times about how nice Purtis Creek is. I have posted as has others about American RV in Corsicana. Others have gone to other state parks in the area. Search campgrounds near Rice on the forum or go to rvparkreviews.com and key in Rice or Corsicana. That will ALS give campers' reviews. Enjoy the time in Rice. Sandy

Edited by teacher retired, 18 February 2014 - 09:27 AM.

• NASA42 B likes this

#3 CasitaRick54

CasitaRick54
  • Casita Club Member
  • 212 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17'
  • Trailer Name:La Casita de La Playa

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

I have booked my first night after pickup at Purtis Creek April 1. I have a parks pass so I get free admission and only have to pay the site fee.
  • Babs&Chris likes this

#4 Babs&Chris

Babs&Chris
  • Casita Club Member
  • 441 posts
  • Local time: 02:17 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17SD
  • Interests:Cycling, hiking, paddling, history

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

American RV is noteworthy ONLY for its proximity to the Casita factory. We did stay there and it was comforting because two other couples who picked up their Casitas the same day also stayed there so we could help each other figure things out, and being totally new, we wanted that security blanket of being close by in case we broke anything. The park is adequate and we could get a pull through site, but it is no place that I would choose to go "camping."

#5 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Local time: 10:17 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 SD 17
  • Trailer Name:Casa De Suenos
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Hi Pat --

Congrats on your new Casita! I can sure appreciate your excitement. It was one of the best days of my life the day I took delivery of my Casita.

You might consider purchasing a copy of my A-Z Casita Owner's Guide. It covers everything you need to know about delivery, including where to stay the night before and nights after, plus much, much more. Be sure to check out the Table of Contents and the Testimonials.

Safe travels and many happy camping memories to you!

Eileen

2013 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 2016 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

#6 GarlandGuy

GarlandGuy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 94 posts
  • Local time: 12:17 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2014 SD 17'

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

Hi and welcome. We have camped at Purtis Creek several times - it is about an hour from Rice, so relatively close. We actually took our maiden trip in our new Casita the first of this week at Purtis Creek. This park is great - bring your fishing gear. A word of caution if you select this campground. Spring Break in many schools in Texas will be March 10 - 14. I would recommend reservations in any case. You have probably already found the reservation site for Texas Parks and Wildlife, but here it is in case you haven't. texas.reserveworld.com If you are thinking of any mods, then you might check with Larry Gamble which would be on your way home and not far from Purtis Creek SP. This website is littlehousecustoms.com
Happy camping !!
Roger and Clarice

#7 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,396 posts
  • Local time: 11:17 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

There are a couple of Corps of Engineers parks on the west side of Ennis, just north of Rice that you also might consider.

Dutchman

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: campground, rice tx