• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kent48

kent48
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 02:33 AM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Is it possible to replace the 6 gallon hot water heater in a 16 ft. Spirit Deluxe with a tank-less hot water heater? I am looking at a Precision-temp RV 550.
Thanks,
Kent
  • NASA42 B likes this

#2 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,208 posts
  • Local time: 03:33 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Very interesting product, looking at their website. 13 x 13 x 14 should fit, about the dimensions of an open 15" laptop. In my young years in the Netherlands, gas operated heaters like this one was the norm in most homes. I don't think any Dutch homes had a hot water tank.
If and when my hot water tank kicks the bucket I'd look into it. The only problem I see is to linger under the unlimited hot water until, ooops, dry.

Post if you go that route,

Dutchman

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#3 chino

chino
  • Casita Club Member
  • 23 posts
  • Local time: 02:33 AM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

Down side to a dry camper is that a lot of water is wasted waiting to receive and adjust the temp of the water. Don't mater if you are hooked up. Chino

#4 Don

Don
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,225 posts
  • Local time: 05:33 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 Casita 17' SD
  • Interests:Family, home, traveling w/fiberglass trailer, computers, chess, short track stock car racing, bowling.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Just installed a Rheem tankless in the kitchen of my house and it required two 30 amp circuit breakers. I admit that this unit is much more that what you might put into a Casita but it does raise a thought.

Suggest you research the electrical requirements of the unit you are considering and compare that to what will be available at the typical campsite.

We love our Rheem at the house, but not sure about having one in the Casita.

Don

Don & Sherian, 2016 Ford F250 6.2 V8 gas engine, Supercab,

6.75' bed, factory trailer anti-sway, factory trailer brake controller, made in USA
07 Casita 17' SD w/HLA (Egg Motel, room for 2 - to go), also made in USA

Photos of our mods and other stuff: http://tinyurl.com/2dz93g

#5 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,379 posts
  • Local time: 04:33 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

This is an old tread, however I ran across something interesting this morning that is for an RV. I might consider this if I ever have to replace my water heater.

Out of Europe the Truma AquaGo  https://www.truma.co...tems/aquago.php

Here is an article in Trailer Life- It can be found online for the mid $500s not the $1000+ they sight

http://www.trailerli...y/truma-aquago/

Here is another brand, Girard

http://tinyurl.com/girardtanklessWH

Edited by clover, 07 August 2017 - 08:31 AM.

• U.S.M.C. Don likes this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#6 JaxDan

JaxDan
  • Casita Club Member
  • 224 posts
  • Local time: 05:33 AM
  • Interests:Golf
    Bluegrass Music (fiddle)
  • Trailer Name:Cassandra (Cassie)

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:14 PM

In our last house we installed a whole house electric instant heater which called for 60 amps and #6 wire.  Still working after 13 years, saved a bunch of money too.  They are great for a large bathtub - you do not run out of hot water.

For the camper in summer I might opt for a solar shower.  I used one on my sailboat and it worked well.