2 replies to this topic

#1 Rustylee

Rustylee
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 10:59 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Standard 16

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

Greetings from the Black Hills of South Dakota.

I am probably unique in that I did not just buy one but two Casitas at once. A rental place was accepting bids on a pair of 1995 Standard models and I was the successful bidder on both. I think I got a good deal but we will see when I put one up for sale. I haven't even picked them up yet because I live on a ridge and the road up here is ice covered. Later this week, I will find out what works and what does not.

I joined this forum because I have never owned a camper before and I have a lot to learn. I am hoping that when I start troubleshooting systems, I can come here and find some answers.

About myself: I am retired with two part-time jobs. I also have a house I bought and am renovating. I am looking forward to that project being completed so I can get caught up at home. Camping and travel was not part of my life growing up because we had a farm and the livestock needed attention daily. My camping experience comes from nearly 32 years of active and reserve military training.

For the most part, I plan to just read the threads to get my answers rather than ask questions.

Thanks in advance for the knowledge and ideas I will get from all of you.
  • Babs&Chris likes this

#2 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer
  • Admin
  • 4,025 posts
  • Local time: 10:59 PM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1000

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

Welcome to The Casita Club and congrats on your TWO, new to you trailers!

Eric B)

The Casita Club

----------

Here is a video tutorial on how to upload images to your post:
How To Attach an Image to Your Post

#3 PhotoMike

PhotoMike
  • Casita Club Member
  • 64 posts
  • Local time: 09:59 PM
  • Interests:Travel, deserts, photography, SciFi, spiritual life, the world around me ...

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

Welcome! Did a 5 week trip to the hills in September. Had a great time, dragged my 17' to the top of a few mountains to camp. Lived in Hot Springs and Sturgis when I was a kid. Have fun with yours!
Michael Northup
http://mnorthup.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Hills, South Dakota, Standard, 16, 16 ft