#16 PH2

PH2
  • Casita Club Member
  • 28 posts
  • Local time: 03:38 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2006 Casita SD 17'
  • Interests:boondocking, kayaking, biking, hiking, photography, diving

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

Your experience and that of GarlandGuy of being in a pop-up in high winds makes me wonder how may Casita owners found their way here from similar experiences. We had our Jayco pop-up tent trailer for many years and miles. A few years back, my wife and I, along with several teenagers enjoyed a night of shaking and rattling, wondering about the structural security of our abode and if the outside world could be kept at bay in a 50 mph blow with gusts to 70 mph in Death Valley's Furnace Creek overflow campground. (The winds were so strong they ripped the car door from my hands on opening and damaged it.) That started us thinking of how nice it would be to own something more substantial and designed to actually stay intact in those conditions ie. being towed down the road behind a vehicle. Pop-ups were definitely not intended to survive something like that but somehow ours did. A survey of the campground the next morning revealed scattered tents and a significant amount of damage to other campers. [I discovered that the eye hooks mounted in the corners of the pop-up's top were intended for stabilizing tie-downs.] We started, back then, our dream list of what we wanted in a trailer and what our future needs would be. A few years later came upon a Casita by happenstance. We knew at first sight that, inside and out, the Casita Spirit Deluxe was a perfect match to our list. We finally took the plunge a year and a half ago and have been delighted with our purchase. Although our trailer no longer can handle a gaggle of teens, they have grown and no longer have the desire to tag along. (We have camped with a larger group based out of the Casita at a three day Dave Matthews concert in Washington state; some of the family just slept in an accompanying tent.) We have weathered some rainstorms, cold and snows, have been perfectly comfortable inside Rita and have not had any sleep lost to worry. Tom, I'm sure that both you and Sue (and GarlandGuy too) will be delighted with your purchase. Happy camping.

#17 Mark Watson

Mark Watson
  • Casita Club Member
  • 582 posts
  • Local time: 04:38 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 FD 17

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

THERE ARE NO GOOD DAYS AT WORK!!!!

Congrats on the Casita purchase. Now you won't have to worry about the cables lifting the top of your popup snapping/breaking.
And just wait till you pull over at a nice road-side rest area. Just unlock and open the door and there you are, surrounded by comfort with that homey feeling... right there in the rest area. Love it, and I'm sure you will too.

Mark Watson

Houston,Tx
2008 17' FD