• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 BUTTONS

BUTTONS
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 09:00 AM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

Can anyone submit the exact measurements of the kitchen sink in the 17' Spirit Deluxe? I am unable to find them & we want to make a cover/cutting board with inset to keep it from sliding. Thank You!

Anyone who has measurements of other areas, I would LOVE to have while waiting for our ordered Casita. Things like microwave cupboard, any & all others available.

#17 lkg907

lkg907
  • Casita Club Member
  • 262 posts
  • Local time: 01:00 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2002 17' SD

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

The flange dimension of the sink  (2002 SD) is 15.25" X 13.5".  That is to the outside of the flange.

Might I offer a suggestion?  I find that this works very well.  The high faucet helps a bit.  You can run the water without removing it.  With the high faucet I can fill the 10 cup percolator.   The feet keep it from sliding.   Plus it's additional counter space.  Just a suggestion.

Attached Thumbnails

• counter space.JPG

#18 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Local time: 12:00 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 SD 17
  • Trailer Name:Casa De Suenos
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

I like the grate idea! Far more practical than the 'fake wood' (MDF) one the factory provides. Also, it could be flipped up and leaned against the microwave wall when full access to the sink is needed. Where did you find it?

I used my factory sink cover for a short time, until I realized that when the faucet dripped residual water, it was ruining the cover's paper laminate. And, when I needed to get to the sink, I had to remove the cover and find a place to put it. In the end, I needed access to the sink more often than I needed a countertop.

Eileen

• NASA42 B likes this

2013 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 2016 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

#19 lkg907

lkg907
  • Casita Club Member
  • 262 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2002 17' SD

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:02 AM

It's a standard 13"X16" cake rack.  Just make sure that the feet fit inside the sink.   That way it won't slide off.   I bought it at Ace Hardware.

• ArizonaEileen, JakeN7JRA and NASA42 B like this

#20 jazzjunkysue

jazzjunkysue
  • Casita Club Member
  • 65 posts
  • Local time: 04:00 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Patriot
  • Interests:Kayaking, State Parks

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

highwayfl-

You and I are on the same wavelength: The 13' Patriot fits me and my life better than the bigger ones. And, when on pavement, I can actually roll the Patriot a few feet myself, more if there's a little downslope. I wish I could say it fits in my garage, but my house is little, too!

I also can get both kayaks on the roof of my volvo xc70 by myself. I just got  a labor day campsite  because their last open site was too small for anyone else!

I've used xtra strength outdoor mounting tape to put up a tissue dispenser and a little holder for my glasses, and a long, now, narrow holder for headlights and lighters and keys and such. I hung up the paper towel holder near the sink: Use those constantly, and I hang the day's garbage bag, too.

So, it's actually not about space, but about little spaces that only I need, where I need them. It's about convenience, not space. To me, the closet, where I can hang my clothes, is the greatest difference from tenting, right behind the 3 steps to the bathroom in the middle of the night....

My little Puppy makes me happy: I don't want any more space, I don't miss a thing. I haven't even found that the missing screen door is a problem: I made a screen drape, but I don't use it much.

Jazzjunkysue :P

#21 JakeN7JRA

JakeN7JRA
  • Casita Club Member
  • 176 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:SD-16 (former SD-17)
  • Interests:God & Country
  • Casita Club Directory #:2711

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

We had an SD-17 and did an eleven month, 48 state, tour with it and had a great time.
We now have a new SD-16 with several short trips and a bunch of mods, and are very satisfied with it. The smaller dimensions and less storage are more than countered by size, weight and maneuverability. The aircraft door is a small "downer".

Jake & Judy Smart

(LUKIDUX)
SE Washington State
2014 SD 16 (No Decals)
2012 White Honda Pilot
jnjsmart@yahoo.com