• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Iowan

Iowan
  • Casita Club Member
  • 68 posts
  • Local time: 03:52 PM

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

I just tested my cube type heater. On low it draws 750 watts & on high it draws 1500 watts. I think this is typical of most small electric heaters. We have the factory furnace so rarely use the electric heater, although our Yamaha 2400 has no problem with the load. In my experience if the temperature is low enough to need the heat there are fiew others around to worry about bothering, but then We live in Iowa, and the Yamaha is QUIET.

#17 outdoorman

outdoorman
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 26 posts
  • Local time: 04:52 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1998 16' Casita LD
  • Interests:anything outdoors-camping,fishing,kayaking/boating,hiking,hunting,casual cycling,...forests,rivers,lakes,coast,etc

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'm in Georgia and night time temps might get as low as the upper 30s in south Georgia this winter.

#18 csevel1

csevel1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 185 posts
  • Local time: 01:52 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 17' Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Gardening, Travel, Camping, Yoga..

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

I am very content with my Mr. Heater Buddy heater when I boondock, which is 90% of the time. It warms the trailer in 10 minutes! It runs for a very short time before retiring at night and again in the morning. I run it long enough to take the chill off, undress and climb into bed. We have a very nice wool blanket that keeps us toasty all night. I did install the CO detector but honestly, it's probably overkill for the amount of time I actually run it. I crack the bathroom window and leave the fantastic vent open for safety and 'just in case'.

I'm the type that doesn't mind a little chill. I'm CAMPING which I believe should include a small amount of inconvenience. If I needed all the comforts of home, I'd stay home! To each his own I guess..but I sure like having the extra cabinet space under my stovetop! In addition, the cycling on and off and noise of the stock furnace would drive me a little crazy.

Edited by csevel1, 08 November 2013 - 04:30 PM.