• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lindaguillen

lindaguillen
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 07:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Delux 17'
  • Interests:I quilt, and I love to read. We have three dogs that are our 'kids'. Actually our 8 children might object to the dogs are our 'kids'.
    We travel to Colorado as three of our kids live there, and we really enjoy the mountains there. We plan to also travel up and down the California coast.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

I need to purchase a screen room that will work with (attach to) the stock awning on my new 17' Casita. I know that seems silly to many of you, but if I am going to be able to enjoy my Casita, I have to keep my husband happy. Happy to him requires NO insects other wise he will just set inside. So, do any of you have experience with this. The screen room we had for our last trailer required holes and snaps which I do not want to deal with on the Casita. Any experience or suggestions (beside change husbands)? Thanks!!!
  • lindaguillen likes this

#2 EdKH

EdKH
  • Casita Club Member
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

We use a screen tent sold by Coleman. A standard sized picknick table fits inside or just set it up and put chairs in it.

#3 swtgran

swtgran
  • Casita Club Member
  • 411 posts
  • Local time: 06:32 PM

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

We use a Paha Que 12 x12.

#4 KandJ

KandJ
  • Casita Club Member
  • 506 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17' FD
  • Trailer Name:Humpty Dumpty

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

We have the Fiamma Florida Room. They appear to have a new version that is a little different that the one we have. http://www.fiammausa...ngs.asp?Fam=P04 It is the same manufacture that the awning is. There is a short clip on how to put it up.

2006 17' FD
2003 Ranger 4X4 Ext Cab 4 liter

Our Travels

AVE IMPERATOR MORITVRI TE SALVTANT

#5 Steve LaBroad

Steve LaBroad

Grand Pooh-bah

• Casita Club Member
  • 638 posts
  • Local time: 10:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Casita 16 SD
  • Interests:Camping, sailing, woodworking, astronomy.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1262

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

The Fiamma unit has a front and two sides, one with a door in it. I wonder if it comes with a panel that seals off against the trailer to keep bugs from coming into the room from under the trailer?

Edited by Steve LaBroad, 31 October 2013 - 08:41 AM.

Steve LaBroad (CC#1262)
2003 16' Spirit Deluxe, "Castle Pretentious"
2015 Ford Flex AWD w/Ecoboost

#6 Ron B.

Ron B.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 435 posts
  • Local time: 08:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1996 Spirit Deluxe 16'
  • Interests:Honda Ridgeline RTL/Nav
    Love the outdoors. Nature and spending time with my wife and dog give me pleasure. I may have cancer but, cancer doesn't have me...
    Good music is a plus and true friends are priceless.

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

With the prices of those rooms being so high, I will keep my little screen room that I got from WalMart.
We just needed something that we could easily set-up that would help keep us bug free and offer a little protection from rain. Ours is just large enough for two chairs and a table if wanted and it has served us well.
I believe it was on sale for @ $50.00. Uses the fiber glass poles and ground stakes to set it up. Takes about 10 minutes to get it up and has two doors with zippers. We have used it several times and it still looks like new and is easily stored in the included bag. We will sometimes cook inside the trailer and then go out (weather allowing) and eat in the screen room. If something happens to it, I am not out a lot of $$$ to get a new one.
  • SKYTALKER likes this

#7 KandJ

KandJ
  • Casita Club Member
  • 506 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17' FD
  • Trailer Name:Humpty Dumpty

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

The Fiamma unit has a front and two sides, one with a door in it. I wonder if it comes with a panel that seals off against the trailer to keep bugs from coming into the room from under the trailer?

When we bought ours there was an option to get a skirt that went from the front to the back. We had to install the snaps on the side of the trailer. It covers the wheel well also.

After it is set up the room is very stable even in high winds. It takes us about an hour or less to set up and about half an hour to tear down and pack for travling.

2006 17' FD
2003 Ranger 4X4 Ext Cab 4 liter

Our Travels

AVE IMPERATOR MORITVRI TE SALVTANT

#8 Eileen

Eileen
  • Casita Club Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

This one looks interesting - little pricey at about $250

Edited by Eileen, 19 June 2014 - 02:01 PM.

• SKYTALKER and happytrails like this
Eileen
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."

#9 stratos175

stratos175
  • Casita Club Member
  • 212 posts
  • Local time: 10:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Spirit
  • Interests:hiking, kayaking, disc golf and spending time in in our Casita.
  • Trailer Name:Matilda

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:13 AM

I will admit Eileen I like what you found, I am going to St George Island State park this weekend and going to borrow a friends bug house,I believe it is a more basic one  but he has used it many times and says it's ok so I want to see what OK means before I spent that kind of money :).

All the best.

Steve

#10 Paul and Cathy

Paul and Cathy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 45 posts
  • Local time: 09:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Freedom Deluxe

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

We bought the Coleman easy up screen room and LOVE it. One person can set it up in a couple of minutes....for real. We also bought the easy up tent. Both excellent products and while not the cheapest, well worth the price. And easy down too!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: screen room