3 replies to this topic

#1 elaine and ray in ohio

elaine and ray in ohio
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 05:53 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:in the market

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

anyone out there have an independence that you would let us peek at? we are new to casitas and think we might want to order one. we live in sw ohio but could travel to meet up with you if you happen to be traveling through, thanks so much

#2 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Local time: 01:53 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 SD 17
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

The Independence model was introduced only a few months ago, so it may be difficult (at best) to find one in your area. Plus, there aren't a lot of Casitas in Ohio.

I suggest you call Casita and ask for the name of an owner near you who is willing to show you their trailer...which probably won't be an Independence.

Eileen
07 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 09 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

Photos: Casita Travel Photo Albums

#3 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,441 posts
  • Local time: 03:53 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

elaine & ray in ohio

There are more folks up in the Cleveland/Akron/Canton area with Casitas. As Eileen points out it is doubtful any of them are the Independence model. I know there are 3 or more Casita owners in Geauga County alone, I responded to some folks there, I grew up in the area and had an interest. I think if you send a personal message to those folks they might be able to help you find some Casitas to look at. Here is the thread where Geauga County came up
http://www.casitaclu...uga#entry178603

The Independence is a modified version of the Liberty. So if you could find a Liberty to look at it would be close to what the Independence in configuration. If you do a search of this forum and the www.casitaforum.com you will be able to find discussions and pictures of the Independence. I live a little over an hour from the Castia Factory and I often go there for parts for myself and a couple of friends we visit in Indiana. I have been in the Independnce, I would NOT want that model and the biggest reason is the lack of floor space in between the modified bed/beds in the back. It is barely wide enough for my foot, thus I would find it not comfortable to sit at the table. We travel with two small dogs and they could not lay on the floor comfortably. This is just MY opinion. I think Casita changed the configuration of the Liberty in the back since it is common for people to modify it from the King/Queen bed configuration into two twins. So far the method that folks convert that to two twins seems much better without the loss of "foot space" on the floor.

Happy Trails to you in the Buckeye State from the Lone Star State

Clover & her pup

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#4 Rick in Maine

Rick in Maine
  • Casita Club Member
  • 16 posts
  • Local time: 05:53 PM

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

We are happy to say we have a new independence ( picked up on the 17 th of Sept.) but we live in Maine so, I'm sorry we are not coming near Ohio for the near future. That said, we love it, the wider twin beds are perfect for us and the smaller (16") floor space doesn't seem to be a problem for us. The new bath and kitchen is really nice and lots of storage under the beds. That and all the other high quality aspects of our trailer made us very happy with our decision to buy the Casita Independence.