Photo

What Is Easiest Way To Remove Kitchen Sink?

sink leaks

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ampy

ampy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 04:39 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit SD 17
  • Interests:puttering around,traveling, --crafts, sewing

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

Our sink leaks. Silicone didn't seem to help. Next we take it out. Who has done it and are there
tricks?
Art and Ginger

#2 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Casita Club Member
  • 673 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Casita Liberty/17

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

Call Larry at Little House Customs for his expertise. You can find a link on the main forums home page.

#3 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Local time: 02:39 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 SD 17
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

While I agree that Larry knows everything there is to know about Casitas, he's probably busy under a bunch of Casitas this time of year.

There are others who have removed the sink, so I'm hopeful they'll chime in. If not, my understanding is that the sink is held in place by a couple of clips underneath.

I'm thinking you could probably line the rim with butyl tape before replacing the sink, then trim off the excess.

Eileen
  • Rich&Lynn and MGD like this
07 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 09 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

Photos: Casita Travel Photo Albums

#4 teacher retired

teacher retired
  • Casita Club Member
  • 673 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Casita Liberty/17

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

I knew as soon as I posted that we don't all need to call Larry for stuff. You are right about him being busy. Should have said "if no one jumps in with advice..." As Granjan said on another thread... He was "the go to ACE." Sandy
  • Rich&Lynn likes this

#5 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,998 posts
  • Local time: 03:39 AM
  • Interests:Member Since
    Jan 21 2005
  • Trailer Name:AZ Snowball

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

While I agree that Larry knows everything there is to know about Casitas, he's probably busy under a bunch of Casitas this time of year.

There are others who have removed the sink, so I'm hopeful they'll chime in. If not, my understanding is that the sink is held in place by a couple of clips underneath.

I'm thinking you could probably line the rim with butyl tape before replacing the sink, then trim off the excess.

Eileen

Perfect :)
  • ArizonaEileen likes this

Joe & Linda
Dodge Ram 4x4

#6 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,271 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

My sink leaked as well, a number of years ago. It's held down with several clips; one was missing. What I did is probably similar to your effort. I forcibly raised the suspected leaking side a couple of mm and pressed some tub and tily silicone acrylic underneath with a putty knife, uh, make that my steak knife. Hasn't leaked since. OTOH, did you check the drain and elbow for possible leak?

Dutchman
  • Babs&Chris likes this

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#7 csevel1

csevel1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 185 posts
  • Local time: 02:39 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 17' Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Gardening, Travel, Camping, Yoga..

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

My sink leaks too.. Just noticed this over the weekend as I rarely do dishes inside (sink's soo small) I noticed there are clips inside that hold it down but also flat head screws that look like they can be tightened. I wonder if I loosen a couple on the front where it leaks and slide some plumbers putty or butyl tape in there if that would solve my problem? Any other experience other than buggin the busy LHC??

#8 Jim & Carol

Jim & Carol
  • Casita Club Member
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

I had a leak on my 2005 LD that was caused by the fiberglass bending next to the sink. On the LD there is no support for the horizontal surface between the sink and the stove so any slight downward pressure would deflect the fiberglass and cause a leak underneath it. I ended up adding a wooden brace underneath the fiberglass along that edge of the sink and it has not leaked since. I don't remember exactly how the sink was attached but recall that it was pretty obvious when I looked.
Jim
2005 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
2005 Tundra 4x4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sink, leaks