• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,932 posts
  • Local time: 02:12 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

We had our first long distance trip with the cats. One cat, our Siamese, Sable, just adored it. She took to it like a veteran. Our tabby cat, Diamond, was very unhappy and homesick until I opened the high cubboard over the bed. She felt a lot better up there, and eventually came down to see what was going on.

Both cats are leash trained. I put them in 'kitty holsters' when I walk them outside. It's so much fun to see the double take other campers do when they realize they're seeing a CAT in the campground.

They didn't try to wander, and merely looked at the many birds flitting in and out of our campsite.

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"Civilization began when we stopped eating horses and began riding them."

#2 Carol Christensen

Carol Christensen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,252 posts
  • Local time: 02:12 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' LD - "Nova"
  • Interests:Travel, camping, pets, mother nature, wildlife behavior, being outdoors to enjoy it all.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1009

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

It sounds like Diamond is beginning to adjust. Good idea to let her hide out in the upper cupboard. I bet after a trip or two you will have 2 happy kitties.

I've seen quite a few cat campers over the years but it is always a little surprising to see them. :huh:
Carol Christensen
2005 17' LD Nova & 2001 Toyota 4Runner

pre-Nova was Ova-the-Rainbow 1999 17' LD (sold)

Don't believe everything you think.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cats