• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kent48

kent48
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 10:26 AM

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

We just purchased a 2001 Spirit Deluxe and are trying to figure everything out...
Can't seem to get hot water on 120v, have gone through the literature and can't seem to get it figured out.
Does anyone have any tips???

#2 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,296 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

Have you checked to see that the breaker on the front of the HWH itself is turned on. It's really small and sits kinda half-hidden behind the stuff on the front left side (when looking at it peering in through the outside access hatch.) If it isn't on, it won't energize the electric heating element. There is usually a pin in the breaker switch that has to be pulled out first, if it is still there. You'll know if it is when you find the breaker. Also check to see that the circuit breaker in your converter panel which controls the HWH is also on. Note: This is not the same breaker as the one on the HWH itself, so in actuality, there are really two breakers. Let us know if this helps or not. If not we'll go from there.

Edited by Euphoria, 10 June 2013 - 06:46 AM.

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe

Casita Club # 2754

#3 stairman

stairman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 109 posts
  • Local time: 02:26 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:99 spirit deluxe 17'
  • Interests:camping, kayaking, deer hunting, scuba diving[full cave certified] guitar, wilderness survival instructor

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

Mine is gas only, but you can you tube Casita orientations and veiw several that go thru each system. There is a small button lower left that you must turn on, on the heater. You literally put your finger thru a coil near the outside to reach the button. They may not all be like that but I saw it on youtube for a 2010.

#4 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Local time: 11:26 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 SD 17
  • Trailer Name:Casa De Suenos
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:09 AM

Kent48 --

For detailed information on the operating systems, including the older water heaters (and a LOT of other things), I suggest you check out my A-Z Casita Owner's Guide. Be sure to check out the Table of Contents and Testimonials.

Eileen

2013 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 2016 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

#5 kent48

kent48
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

Got the owner's guide and it is "Great" answers questions and very helpful!!!
Thanks!
  • ArizonaEileen likes this