DATES: Monday, Jan 13 thru Saturday, Jan 18, 2014
(although you're welcome to come earlier and stay later)
PLACE: Maverick Ranch RV Park
Lajitas Golf Resort & Spa
HC 70, Lajitas TX 79852
(just west of Big Bend National Park)
PARK WEBSITE: http://www.lajitasgo...averick_ranch_2
RATE: $25 per night plus 13% tax, full hookups = $28.25 per night
This discounted rate (normally $38 per night) will be available to our Group three (3) days prior and three (3) days after the Rally dates, depending upon availability.
TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS:
CALL MAVERICK RV PARK
You must tell them you are part of the "Casitas in Lajitas" group and give them the Reservation Number issued to you by me (Eileen).
CLICK HERE to contact me about getting a Registration Number. You'll need it get the discounted rate when you call Maverick RV to make your reservation.
Our group will be in pre-reserved sites on the North Side.
Call for availability. Have your Reservation Number ready.
CLICK HERE TO SEE A MAP OF THE PARK
Please post in the thread the number of your campsite after you've made your reservation so we can keep the map current. Thanks!
To reserve your site, you will need to provide a first night's deposit of $28.25, which is refundable up to 72 hours prior to your reserved arrival date. Checks and major credit cards are acceptable to establish prepayment. If you fail to cancel your reservations and/or are a no-show, you will be responsible for the entire amount for the number of nights you reserved.
Check-in time at the Resort is 3:00 pm. Checkout time is 11:00 am.
We'll have a couple of planned activities, but mostly it will be an INFORMAL gathering since there's so much to do in the area. (Thanks to Casita owner Johnboy for furnishing the following list.)
- Hiking/Mountain Biking. Hundreds of miles of trails and canyons to explore. Bike rentals available.
- Canoe/Kayak on the Rio Grande. By yersef or guided.
- Jeep/4 wheeling. Again, either way.
- Walk over to Mexico, legally or not, your choice. (No bail bondsmen on site.)
- Play golf on a Master designed course. Discounted rates for RVers.
- Swimming pool and club house facilities.
- Sports bar and restaurant, plus a bakery and shopping on site.
- Big Bend National Park and nearby state park access.
- Tour the Ghost Town of Terlingua, including the Starlight Dinner Theater and "the porch."
- Dual Sport motorcycles for rent.
- Trap and skeet shooting plus pistol range.
- Helicopter tours.
- Long Draw Pizza with live music Weds. & Thurs. nights (Best pizza in town!)
- Coyotes and javelinas, plus the occasional cat.
- Quietude and solitude on "The Last Frontier" where you can see a boatload of stars.
PLEASE READ THIS UPDATE