• Local time: 03:49 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 17' SD Inneggsisle
  • Interests:kids and grand kids
    traveling,and camping
    auto museums and shows
  • Casita Club Directory #:1193

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Bill & Karen,
How tall are you? 16' specs: interior height 5'10''. 17' interior height 6'1-1/2". I'm 6' and would never consider anything with a shorter headroom than me. Years ago I looked at a short ceiling RV and got a crick in my neck from just the few minutes I was inside. That made up my mind then that if I ever bought anything I was going to be able to stand up like a homo sapien and not have to make like an ape. Recently, in Yosemite, I met a new (to him) 16' Casita owner and on seeing mine he said was going to sell his and get a 17' model so that he could stand up straight when inside. It could be the difference between loving and hating what you own.
PH2

we just short folk and that is why I didn't mention height, I could fit in either but my wife loves big refrigerators and hates bugs so that is why the 16' would have been out for us
  • ArizonaEileen likes this

Bill & Karen Sarasota, Fl. Love being Inneggsile

#17 HBarlow

HBarlow
  • Casita Club Member
  • 276 posts
  • Local time: 01:49 AM

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

You may want to think about this. It is the only "wish I had" in my new SD, and that would be an extra 110 outlet under the window of the side dinette. There is a double outlet on the front bench under the table so it isn't a big deal without it, but would be better for the coffee pot, crock pot, lap top, or whatever without the cord under the table where you hit it with your legs or the dog and cat bump into it. Just a thought--Casita may not be able to put one there, but I do wish I had asked.

Your post is a year old but still pertinent.  I read it just before I ordered my Casita SD 17.  I included additional 110 vac and 12 vdc outlets on the bottom of the streetside cabinet centered over the side dinette.