2 replies to this topic

#1 vagabond

vagabond
  • Casita Club Member
  • 12 posts
  • Local time: 10:52 AM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Greetings:

What is the best battery for use in the 17' Spirit Deluxe? I've gone through at least three batteries in 10 years and am becoming frustrated at the extremely limited space for a battery. Plus, some batteries have lead negative and positive posts that are two high to just slide in, etc.

Feel free to reply directly to jon_bond@comcast.net

Thank you!

#2 Woodyboy

Woodyboy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 12:52 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Dlx 17

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

I have a problem with that battery as well. It is a "Marine Deep Cycle" class which isn't really much of a "deep cycle". I also don't like the placement wihich adds to the tail heavy balance problem with a 25 gal water tank and bikes off the rear.

My 2012 17 SD is in the process of an upgrade to add a battery in front of the propane tanks. A local welder is creating the braket and box on the hitch. The original battery will be removed. I am installing a much higher capacity and true deep cell AGM battery. It is a GPL 4DL by LifeLine . These are pricey but much worth it.

#3 leonmot

leonmot
  • Casita Club Member
  • 202 posts
  • Local time: 10:52 AM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

When I was in the Coast Guard we had to have batteries that we could count on in all types of weather. If the boat didn't start is was my, well you know. anyway I used the best battery I could find. I suggest a Gel Cell with the longest warranty you can find.