#1 Baberuth

Baberuth
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 08:40 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:LD 17
  • Interests:Seeing the USA wearing a smile

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hello, my husband and I are brand new to the Casita owners group. We are to pick up our first Casita on May 1. We will go on maiden voyage immediately after learning the basics. We already owned a 3'' memory foam topper which we plan to use on the double bed. However, we plan to sleep parallel to the length of the trailer. So to even out the level of the sleeping area, I need to make two 3'' cushions to cover the bench section where our lower legs will rest at night. I've looked at this forum and at the specs on Casita's site, and I can't find the dimensions for either seat or backrest bench cushions. Is it possible that the back cushion for the bench is identical to the seat cushion and that it is 3'' deep? That would save my having to make the cushions myself.

We would like to be as comfortable as possible on our first trip. How do y'all handle making coffee? I noted that the Contoure under-counter model was mentioned in earlier forum exchanges. Is that well liked?

I do appreciate your help.

Baberuth from Georgia

#2 Spidermonkey

Spidermonkey
  • Casita Club Member
  • 69 posts
  • Local time: 07:40 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:0000
  • Interests:Traveling,woodworking,volunteering as a priest in my church. Following the Casita sites for ideas for future plans.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

the back cushions are in fact the same thickness as the seat. you will be able to arrange them to make single twins, double, full queen or king, depending on your needs and desires. if you are making a smaller area like the double or full, the left over cushions can go under the bed or stand by the closet or where ever you find space for them. best of luck with your new liberty, we had an 03 liberty for 3 years, until we got a bigfoot. you will find the forums very helpful, just ask and likely you will get an answer.
2005 17.5G Bigfoot
TV 2003 Cheverolet Silverado crewcab 1500HD 4x4

#3 Don in OKC

Don in OKC
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

I'm not sure I understand the question but will include this photo with the cushions outlined.

I'm pretty sure the back cushions and seat cushions are different dimensions. Same thickness, same length, different 'width'.

Attached Thumbnails

• liberty cushions jpg.jpg

Don in OKC - (Useta have a) 2000 16' LD, 98 Chrysler T&C

#4 Don in OKC

Don in OKC
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Here's some dimensions if they will help?! Individual cushions for a liberty 16 are different from a liberty 17 even tho the overall 'king' bed area is the same.

Attached Thumbnails

• 17' Liberty cushion dimensions.jpg

Don in OKC - (Useta have a) 2000 16' LD, 98 Chrysler T&C