Photo

Temporary Rv Storage Near Port Isabel Or South Padre Island?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sdsjdo

sdsjdo
  • Casita Club Member
  • 32 posts
  • Local time: 05:47 PM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone might be familiar enough with port isabel or south padre island to offer advice.
We have booked a condo on spi that we will be staying at in july 2013. We'd planned to have a fun family camping road trip as it will be a 3 day drive each way for us. All of a sudden the condo management have become difficult and have decided that even though we are allotted two parking spaces per condo, that they dont think they will be able to allow our dinky 13 foot travel trailer to park there b/c it is the busy season. I have explained to them that I can easily park our truck and camper in two spots. But I do not want to get there and find out they wont budge because then what?!
Unfortunately if I can't sway them with my northern charm then we will either have to forgo bringing our camper :( and stay in hotels, OR bring the camper :) and find a place to store it for 3 nights.
Any advice, suggestions, etc... on where one might find safe and secure temporary storage in this area for a teeny lil camper?
Thanks everyone!

#2 Don

Don
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,230 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 Casita 17' SD
  • Interests:Family, home, traveling w/fiberglass trailer, computers, chess, short track stock car racing, bowling.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

In the absence of any other ideas/offers ... many of the newer UHAUL dealers have both 'ustore' and vehicle/RV storeage. You might contact them to see what a 72 hour storeage fee would be.

Enjoy this club and your visit to Texas!

Don
Don & Sherian, 2017 GMC Canyon, SLT, crew cab, short bed, 3.6 V6, 8 speed auto trans
factory brake controller and anti-sway control. Made in USA. Custom Casita graphics.
07 Casita 17' SD w/HLA (Egg Motel, room for 2 - to go), also made in USA
Photos of our mods and other stuff: http://tinyurl.com/2dz93g

#3 trvlngbv

trvlngbv
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1988 16 foot

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Try local campgrouds, they are not busy in July. Search South Padre Island or Port Isabel and call around for prices. We live 2 hours away from South Padre Island and the Rio Grand Valley has lots of campgrounds that are winter retiree destinaions, the campgrounds are full in the winter, but not in the summer. Good luck!