clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,452 posts
  • Local time: 02:43 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:49 AM

Hot Toddy, not what I wanted to hear!!!  yikees!  But it's gonna be hard enough to wait until Sept 5th to get it!  Oh well, will just deal with it.  BTW we are scheduling Lake Whitney, 1000 Trails, for our first 5-7 days, to be near Rice. 

(wish there was a REPLY option at the bottom of a post that I would like to reply to.  How does one do that?)

:wacko: Barbara

barbara, just hit the quote option, then scroll down, that allows you to respond to a particular post. sometimes we all get to talking and it's unclear what posting you're referring to...................

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#92 kbkeck

kbkeck
  • Casita Club Member
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 12:43 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ID

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

Hot Toddy, not what I wanted to hear!!!  yikees!  But it's gonna be hard enough to wait until Sept 5th to get it!  Oh well, will just deal with it.  BTW we are scheduling Lake Whitney, 1000 Trails, for our first 5-7 days, to be near Rice. 

(wish there was a REPLY option at the bottom of a post that I would like to reply to.  How does one do that?)

:wacko: Barbara

barbara, just hit the quote option, then scroll down, that allows you to respond to a particular post. sometimes we all get to talking and it's unclear what posting you're referring to...................

Thanks!!!!  B

Barbara & Karl Keck

with Silly Sis  :rolleyes:

our wirehaired doxie

#93 kbkeck

kbkeck
  • Casita Club Member
  • 21 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17ID

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:17 PM

Will anyone be bringing a 17' Casita to the rally in Waterloo, Oregon, April 22-23-24?  :unsure:

We are planning on driving down Saturday, April 23, to see any and all the Casitas that attend.  Since ours will be a 17' Independence we are hoping to see a few that will be the same or similar layout.  Also are wanting to learn about the MODS any of you have done, no matter which Casita style your is.

Barbara & Karl Keck

with Silly Sis  :rolleyes:

our wirehaired doxie

#94 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:04 AM

Will anyone be bringing a 17' Casita to the rally in Waterloo, Oregon, April 22-23-24?  :unsure:

We are planning on driving down Saturday, April 23, to see any and all the Casitas that attend.  Since ours will be a 17' Independence we are hoping to see a few that will be the same or similar layout.  Also are wanting to learn about the MODS any of you have done, no matter which Casita style your is.

barbara, i'm not familiar with that rally, but the factory sells more 17ft casitas than the other 2 lengths,, so you stand a good chance of seeing them. go and have fun at the rally, they're a great way to see the different ones/mods others have done to them and make some great friends. enjoy..............

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#95 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,511 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:01 PM

Do the Liberty and independence have the same kitchen, refrigerator cabinet, bathroom as the patriot? I know the patriot is shorter and has a different refrigerator. Does casita use the same molds to make them?

markyv, by the date on your post, i'm sure you got your question answered, but here goes. the patriot deluxe is EXACTLY the same trailer as the 16ft SD, EXCEPT it doesn't have the small side dinette/seats. they split the galley and fill that area instead with an upper storage area, vent a line, 2 burner stove, sink, fuse box, furnace, if you have one and storage area under stove for power cord and miscellaneous items. the top storage, microwave, smaller fridge, floor storage is just to the left of the door as you step inside. not having the side dinette and with the galley split is what makes the patriot length 13ft instead of the 16ft SD. other than that, the 2 trailers are identical, same tanks, fresh,gray,black, same bathroom, shower, toilet, same shorter closet with same friedrich ac underneath, same curved airplane door without screen. dry weight of the 13ft PD is 300lbs less than the 16ft SD.

the factory told me they assemble the 13 and 16ft trailers in the same area. the 17ft casita is a very different animal, and it has it's own area of assembly.

happy travels.....................

How can a 13 ft Patriot Deluxe  be exactly like a 16ft Spirit Deluxe when the Spirit Deluxe does not have the split kitchen? That is the stove, fridge, sink are all on the curb side. Whereas in the Patriot, Liberty and Independence the fridge is on the curb side and the sink and stove are on the driver side of the camper.

I guess it depends upon how you look at it. To me a PD is a Liberty with the double bed in the back instead of the option to have a king. 

• U.S.M.C. Don likes this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#96 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

Do the Liberty and independence have the same kitchen, refrigerator cabinet, bathroom as the patriot? I know the patriot is shorter and has a different refrigerator. Does casita use the same molds to make them?

markyv, by the date on your post, i'm sure you got your question answered, but here goes. the patriot deluxe is EXACTLY the same trailer as the 16ft SD, EXCEPT it doesn't have the small side dinette/seats. they split the galley and fill that area instead with an upper storage area, vent a line, 2 burner stove, sink, fuse box, furnace, if you have one and storage area under stove for power cord and miscellaneous items. the top storage, microwave, smaller fridge, floor storage is just to the left of the door as you step inside. not having the side dinette and with the galley split is what makes the patriot length 13ft instead of the 16ft SD. other than that, the 2 trailers are identical, same tanks, fresh,gray,black, same bathroom, shower, toilet, same shorter closet with same friedrich ac underneath, same curved airplane door without screen. dry weight of the 13ft PD is 300lbs less than the 16ft SD.

the factory told me they assemble the 13 and 16ft trailers in the same area. the 17ft casita is a very different animal, and it has it's own area of assembly.

happy travels.....................

How can a 13 ft Patriot Deluxe  be exactly like a 16ft Spirit Deluxe when the Spirit Deluxe does not have the split kitchen? That is the stove, fridge, sink are all on the curb side. Whereas in the Patriot, Liberty and Independence the fridge is on the curb side and the sink and stove are on the driver side of the camper.

I guess it depends upon how you look at it. To me a PD is a Liberty with the double bed in the back instead of the option to have a king. 

the 13 PD and 16 SD are the same trailer because the PD does not have the side dinette which seats 2 and can be converted to a single bed. because the PD doesn't have the side table, they split the galley and put stove/sink in that space. the 13 PD bed is also slightly smaller, 46 by 76, as compared to the SD bed 54 by 76. the 16ft LD has 2 smaller tables which will make the king bed. both 13 PD and 16 SD have one large table which will make their double beds. the table situation might matter to some potential buyers but not matter to others.

when i considered all models, the salesperson compared the 13 PD and 16 SD and told me to consider whether i needed the side dinette/twin bed. i don't, so that helped me make my decision to seek out the 13 PD. he showed me all the comps on both 13 PD and 16 SD and pointed out that  they were identical, except for bed dimensions. same ac,holding, fresh water tanks, black water, fridge, airplane door, etc. we never discussed the 16 LD because i wasn't interested in a king bed.

the 13 and 16 ft models are all assembled in the same area of the factory. the 17ft trailers have their own section of the factory for their assembly and they are vastly different in many ways.

Edited by clairemr1, 28 March 2016 - 04:02 AM.

• NASA42 B likes this

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#97 Tucsonense

Tucsonense
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 11:43 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Freedom Deluxe

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:25 AM

Does anyone with the new Independence have any feedback regarding the bathroom?  We are thinking about ordering the Independence but are concerned with the knee-room in front of the toilet that seems shorter with that storage cabinet that's been added.  Any other comments/concerns about the new model that might help us make this decision?  We currently have an '07 Freedom that we love except for having to crawl over one's partner to get out of bed.

Thanks very much, folks.

#98 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:07 AM

you'll get various comments about the new model bathrooms in all of the casitas (not just the independence). some like it, some don't. in order to make the right decision for you, i would suggest you attend a rally or call casita for local contacts of owners of old & new models. get inside the bathrooms, check them out then make your decision. btw, some owners have started cutting out the new bathroom cabinet (some because the area constantly stays moist/wet, others because they want more leg room. this gives them a nice open are to place wire baskets as well as allowing the air to circulate there to keep things dry)

Edited by clairemr1, 30 March 2019 - 07:07 AM.

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#99 Tucsonense

Tucsonense
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:46 AM

Thank you for the information.  Yes, we have looked at a couple of new Independents, but neglected to actually sit on the toilet!  

#100 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 526 posts
  • Local time: 03:43 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 30 March 2019 - 08:15 AM

Tusconense......

This is another of those subjective items dependent on the individual, and Clairemr1's advice is spot on.

Caveat:  I've had 2 Casitas of differing ages....and thus both the old and new bathrooms.  I prefer the new one and its' sink & storage layout.

....but that's just an opinion.

Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank   :rolleyes:

#101 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 526 posts
  • Local time: 03:43 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 30 March 2019 - 08:16 AM

Accidental double post.  Sorry!

Edited by NASA42 B, 30 March 2019 - 08:17 AM.

#102 Tucsonense

Tucsonense
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 08:24 AM

Thank you, Frank!  Another reason we're loath to part with our current Casita is that we had the shower modified so that we have handles on the wall, and also have had the kitchen sink faucet replaced to accommodate taller pots and pans, etc. etc.  

#103 Fred&Holly

Fred&Holly
  • Casita Club Member
  • 246 posts
  • Local time: 01:43 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Escape-21

Posted 07 April 2019 - 04:28 AM

Our Indy is the 2018 model, right b4 he change to the 'new' gray interior.  Our only problem so far w the bath is that we keep our laundry bag hanging on a Command Strip on th rear wall beside the toilet..........so we just move the bag out during showers. 

#104 L.K. Graham

L.K. Graham
  • Casita Club Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 11:00 AM

It would be nice not to have to climb over one's spouse to get in and out of bed, but I think I would miss the little table and seats on the side that can convert to sleep a third person. Also, how hard is it to squeeze in to sit at those tables? Where do you stow the tables and posts at night? Have to make and strip the beds every night and morning?  Like much in life, it's all a trade-off. The new bathroom looks very nice. Do the recessed areas above the sink take space away from the storage closet? Perhaps one day they will add a foot or two to the Casita's length, and then we can have it all!  Until then, it is nice of Casita to provide different options.

#105 dblcola

dblcola
  • Casita Club Member
  • 189 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2017 Independence 17'
  • Interests:Treasure hunting.
  • Trailer Name:The space ship

Posted 21 December 2019 - 06:00 AM

Look into these fitted sheets. We have them in our Independence. At Amazon or some truck stops. http://www.amazon.co...r jammer sheets

Thanks a lot for the heads up. Am ordering some today.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 17 Independence Deluxe, New Casita Travel Trailer