104 replies to this topic

#1 CasitaTravelTrailers

CasitaTravelTrailers
  • Casita Club Member
  • 24 posts
  • Local time: 01:14 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:All

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Casita is very proud to announce that we have a new floor plan available, we call her the Independence.

It will have an upgraded bathroom, kitchen area, and twin bed sleeping arrangements. We will have the demo model in our showroom next week so if your in the area please stop in. For those who cannot swing by, Casita will be uploading pictures to our website CasitaTravelTrailers.com as well as CasitaClub.com hopefully early next week. We are now currently taking orders for it with an approximate delivery time of May.

If you have questions please contact your sales representative at Casita, if you do not have a sales rep at Casita call anyway and we will get you one.

P.S. Its awesome!

-- Casita Enterprises

Here is a sneak peek:

Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-1.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-2.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-3.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-4.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-5.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-6.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-7.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-8.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-9.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-10.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-11.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-12.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-13.jpg Casita-Independence-Interior-Picture-14.jpg
  • Sue and Sandy, mike712, cjbridges and 11 others like this

Casita Travel Trailers - Rice, Tx
casita1@casitatraveltrailers.com
Jonathan@casitatraveltrailers.com

903.326.5104 fax
http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com

#2 Dave&Kathie

Dave&Kathie
  • Casita Club Member
  • 310 posts
  • Local time: 11:14 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Escape 21
  • Interests:Woodworking, Photography, Gardening Birdwatching, Sewing, Astronomy, & Camping!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Wow - great news - can't wait to see it!
Dave & Kathie
Portland, OR
05 17' FD, 06 V8 Ltd 4Runner
"I do not understand how anyone can live without some small place of enchantment to turn to."
MK Rawlings

#3 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer
  • Admin
  • 4,031 posts
  • Local time: 12:14 PM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1000

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

I was speaking with the Casita folks yesterday about this. I think it is awesome that Casita has come up with this new design, with the upgrades!

We'll have more information up next week here on the Casita Club Forums, as well as links to all the information over on the Casita Travel Trailers' website!

Eric B)

The Casita Club

----------

Here is a video tutorial on how to upload images to your post:
How To Attach an Image to Your Post

#4 tincanpuller

tincanpuller
  • Casita Club Member
  • 38 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty Deluxe/17'

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Since we expected our new 17' LD to be delivered tomorrow. I hope I'm not all that disappointed that after waiting and saving for over 6 years we were never given this heads-up by Casita before making our deal just last week.
  • ArizonaEileen likes this

#5 Carol Christensen

Carol Christensen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,321 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' LD - "Nova"
  • Interests:Travel, camping, pets, mother nature, wildlife behavior, being outdoors to enjoy it all.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1009

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

The Independence sounds very interesting. Especially since Jack and I have converted our LD to twin beds, as have many others. I'm looking forward to seeing the new model.
Carol Christensen
2005 17' LD Nova & 2001 Toyota 4Runner

pre-Nova was Ova-the-Rainbow 1999 17' LD (sold)

Don't believe everything you think.

#6 Randy

Randy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 131 posts
  • Local time: 02:14 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 SD 17'
  • Interests:Camping,Fishing,Hiking,Boating,Photography, Geocaching,Canoeing the BWCA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Looking forward to seeing the pic's and learning what the upgrades are!

#7 Rzrbrn

Rzrbrn
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17' SD
  • Interests:Kayaking, fishing, bird watching, archery, gun shooting, walking

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Trying to decide which model to buy...then this new model is announced...more head scratch in'....so where is it already? Impatient in Nashville:-)

#8 Ron B.

Ron B.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 435 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:1996 Spirit Deluxe 16'
  • Interests:Honda Ridgeline RTL/Nav
    Love the outdoors. Nature and spending time with my wife and dog give me pleasure. I may have cancer but, cancer doesn't have me...
    Good music is a plus and true friends are priceless.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Now we know what the man felt like who saved and saved to get his new Saturn. It was delivered and then he found out that they were no longer going to be made. Or even worse, the Hummer or Saab owners...

The announcement of a new design sounds very good to me. But, I still love my little 16' deluxe that I have had for many years. I don't need bunk beds yet. My wife and I of thirtyfour years still enjoy sleeping together.

I am interested in seeing what they have done to the bath area and kitchen however. Probably nothing that the Gamble's can't do...

Enjoy yourself and go camping...

Ron B.
  • Babs&Chris likes this

#9 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,063 posts
  • Local time: 11:14 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

It's okay, tincanpuller. Not to worry, you're going to love your Casita no matter what style it is. If you notice, we're all one big happy nestful of egg owners, I don't believe anyone looks down on someone else because he or she has a different model. And there are tons of modifications that folks have made-just ask, and you will find all sorts of hints, helpfuls and how tos.

You are right, it would have been nice had Casita mentioned that they're making a new model but: remember: never, ever buy a new model ANYTHING. They have to go several years of models before all the bugs are worked out. Your LD is a tried and true model. You will like it, I promise.
  • Eloy & Irma, Babs&Chris and Tampa Rick like this

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"Civilization began when we stopped eating horses and began riding them."

#10 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,511 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

remember: never, ever buy a new model ANYTHING. They have to go several years of models before all the bugs are worked out. Your LD is a tried and true model. You will like it, I promise.

Shhhsh! I was going to offer him $2000 for his “out dated” LD! LOL!

Clover
  • latte likes this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#11 Eric Mayer

Eric Mayer
  • Admin
  • 4,031 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:1000

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

I just added some initial pictures of the new Independence from Casita to the first post. There are more to come!

With regards to "never buying a new model anything"... I think this is mainly cosmetic, so you are still buying the same trailer, with the same quality and ingenuity!

Eric B)
  • tedinkc, mikeprior and Tampa Rick like this

The Casita Club

----------

Here is a video tutorial on how to upload images to your post:
How To Attach an Image to Your Post

#12 Dave and Ruth

Dave and Ruth
  • Casita Club Member
  • 454 posts
  • Interests: 
  • Casita Club Directory #:2369

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

The changes to the galley and bathroom are awesome. They widened the benches for the twin beds, gaining storage under the bench, but losing roominess in the aisle, which I'd have to test to see if it works. Our twin bed mod design uses a shelf to gain the wider bench.

I think that if we were buying, we'd pick this model and deal with the aisle. But we've put so many mods into our LD, I don't see swapping out. Yet.

Ruth

Edited by Dave and Ruth, 12 February 2013 - 12:24 PM.

Dave & Ruth
Santa Fe, New Mexico

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2007 LD "El Gecko" * 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
High Tech Twin Bed Mod * Rooftop Solar install with VHB tape
Sliding sink cover for the Liberty * Custom Casita Cover

#13 Irishrover

Irishrover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 256 posts
  • Local time: 03:14 PM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Simply amazing.
I notice several things.
Apparently they have made the bunk aisleway narrower. Would this be a foot placement problem?
Also I see a perhaps upgraded 3 burner stove that must have a starter knob also so that you dont need to use your Bronson to get them lit.
There seems to be a small spice compartment above the sink spigot. Amazing.
And they appear to have eliminated that pesky bothersome plastic border material attached to the splash board. Mine is falling to pieces from having to replace so many rivets along there.

This all adds up to more storage space and storage for toilet paper in the bathroom. Hip Hip Hooray.!!!!

I wonder now if this Casita is wider overall than the other models

I recently talked to one of the parts people, well about 6 months ago, and Casita is apparently still contemplating a new longer model but the person addressing it said its still 'some' years down the road. With all this planning I am sure it will be a Brilliant Casita additioni.

I want to get a bigger trailer. Matter of fact I have no choice. My bad back is finding it very difficult to maneuver inside of my 17 foot Liberty Delux. I need a longer trailer with more higher storage space so that I dont have to bend over to get to things.

I honestly am praying to God that Casita soon makes a longer trailer. Very soon. I have no desire to buy a stick built trailer. UGH. I would feel like a traitor to our cause and the architecture. Honestly!!!

I am also hoping they add an option of better seating comfort for older citizens. I need a seat inside with some lumbar support.

Please send more pictures of you have them Eric!!!!!

Edited by Irishrover, 12 February 2013 - 12:36 PM.

• CHUCK & JEAN and mikeprior like this
James in Ohio
2006 Casita 17' LD, High Lift Axle, all add ons 'cept electric jack, Front Air
2003 GMC Safari
or
2013 GMC Sierra Extended Cab 1500

#14 Randy

Randy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 131 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 SD 17'
  • Interests:Camping,Fishing,Hiking,Boating,Photography, Geocaching,Canoeing the BWCA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

It looks like to me that you could very easily make the two beds into one queen size if so desired. Sure do like the new bathroom and kitchen layout, I sure would like to see one in person!

#15 Dex

Dex
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Somehow it looks like there is a loss of space.

- Storage space lost under the rear bed

- Sitting area in the Liberty - am I wrong about this? I don't have the Liberty. But can't you leave the bed made up and still have a sitting area?

Has the closet changed?
2006 17' Spirit owner since July 18, 2006
Tow Vehicle - 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 3.9L, Automatic Sports Plus Package, 31X10.5 tires, Limited Slip Differential, 4.10 gear ratio, Trailer Tow Group pkg(transmission & oil cooler, class IV hitch, wiring), Heavy Duty package (automatic Overdrive, battery upgrade, front & rear anti sway bars) Package

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 17 Independence Deluxe, New Casita Travel Trailer