• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ldw777frog

ldw777frog
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 12:16 AM

Posted 18 September 2004 - 11:40 AM

Hello- I haven't purchased a CASITA yet, and just today requested a catalog. After reading the many positive things you all have to say, I would really like to see one.
I am most interested in the 16/17 foot models. Also, I have a 2001 Toy Tacoma V-6 (manual tranny)- will that be sufficient to tow the Casita?
I am looking into travelling all over the states and into Alaska. Is the Casita insulated enough to stay warm in Alaska winters? and cool enough for Arizona summers?
Thank you and I look forward hearing back from you.
Laura

#2 aldo

aldo
  • Casita Club Member
  • 160 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:1475

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:30 PM

Check your tacoma manual for tow capacity. With 3500 lbs capacity, you'd be fine with a 17' Casita. (Which is the same capacity as my Toyota Highlander -- makes it towing up mountains just fine.) Call casita for a referral to a nearby owner. If you're in NW Oregon or SW Washington, write me directly using the available link. I'd be glad to have you visit.

The propane furnace is plenty warm. I have no experience with my a/c -- haven't needed it yet. If you look at posts on this forum, the vast majority of owners are in the sun belt. (Makes sense, since 75% of owners pick u p their trailer at the factory in Rice TX.) I've never heard a complaint about a/c. You can't use it if you're dry camping, unless you have a generator.

good luck with your decision making!
<a href='http://www.casitaclu...?showtopic=6033' target='_blank'></a>Eric & Lorn Salem Oregon
Used to have 17 SD
Now Bigfoot 17, but my heart is still Casita

#3 ldw777frog

ldw777frog
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 11:43 PM

Hi Actually I would travel anywhere within 100 miles of San Francisco to see a Casita- unfortunately you are just a little too far for now.
I am looking forward to learning more about the Casita and find this message board very informative.
Also, for those travelling w/ your Casitas I'm not too far away from Interstate 80, Interstate 5 and Highway 99. I'll be keeping my eye out.
Also,what's the difference essentially between a Casita and a Burro.
Thanks again.

#4 casitamia

casitamia
  • Casita Club Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 04:46 PM

Hi Actually I would travel anywhere within 100 miles of San Francisco to see a CasitaThanks again.

I would be more than happy to show you my Casita. I am 1 hour east of Stockton in the Sierra Mountains. PM or email me if interested.
MK
2004 Casita Spirit Deluxe, 2004 Dodge/Cummins Diesel Pickup

#5 Just Bill

Just Bill
  • Casita Club Member
  • 53 posts
  • Local time: 01:16 AM
  • Interests:I'm a recently retired Cardiologist. My major hobby is playing the pipe organ. I love being out of doors, especially at our cabin on Fallen Leaf Lake in the Sierra.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1285

Posted 30 September 2004 - 04:40 AM

We live in San Francisco with our 2003 17' LD and would be glad to show it to you. However, we are in Connecticut right now, two months into our 3 month 13000+ mile cross country trip. Will return home sometime in November. So, if you don't get to see one before then, contact me in November for a demo.

Bill

#6 Jim B

Jim B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 44 posts
  • Local time: 01:16 AM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1007

Posted 13 October 2004 - 10:37 AM

Hi

I have a 2002 SD Casita. I live in a Sacramento suburb (Carmichael) and would be happy to show. You should be able, however, to get a closer visit I think. Casita has an owner referral program and I know there are owners in the Bay Area. I would try that first to save travel time, but you are more than welcome to see mine.

Good luck

Jim B
  • camp4life likes this

#7 ldw777frog

ldw777frog
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 10:40 AM

Thank you- the Casita Referral Program had someone in my town that I was able to go look at their Casita. The Casita is really well built and could easily be towed by my truck. Seeing that gave me a lot to think about. Thanks again.

#8 camp4life

camp4life
  • Casita Club Member
  • 8 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:still looking

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

Hi

I have a 2002 SD Casita. I live in a Sacramento suburb (Carmichael) and would be happy to show. You should be able, however, to get a closer visit I think. Casita has an owner referral program and I know there are owners in the Bay Area. I would try that first to save travel time, but you are more than welcome to see mine.

Good luck

Jim B

#9 camp4life

camp4life
  • Casita Club Member
  • 8 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:still looking

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hi I am looking for a used Casita. I have a friend in Carmichael & I am often in the area. I would love to see your Casita sometime if it isn't an inconvenience. Thanks Cathy