• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 randyinpa

randyinpa
  • Casita Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 03:42 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:1990 16 Delux
  • Interests:Fishing, Boat building, Riding my Harley with my wife of 33 yrs on the back.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Have a 1999 16 delux given to me. i need the lock part for the door. i only need the outside knob with kees, the 5/16 rod that goes through the door and the interior handle. Called casita today and they discouraged me from buying one from them at $60.00 + shipping ouch. I will buy from them if i cant find one.
Randyinpa

#2 wmgeorge

wmgeorge
  • Casita Club Member
  • 431 posts
  • Local time: 03:12 AM
  • Interests:Rifle / Handgun shooting. Ham Radio WB0UPD, Home machine/ fabrication shop, Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC. VW New Beetle TDI 1.9 Diesel hobby car... and more.
  • Casita Club Directory #:3855

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

Have a 1999 16 delux given to me. i need the lock part for the door. i only need the outside knob with kees, the 5/16 rod that goes through the door and the interior handle. Called casita today and they discouraged me from buying one from them at $60.00 + shipping ouch. I will buy from them if i cant find one.
Randyinpa

Sounds like you need the complete lock assy. The one on mine looks like every other RV lock set I've ever seen since early 90's. Camping World or a local RV dealer? Ebay?
Retired in Iowa and too many Hobbies

#3 friz

friz
  • Casita Club Member
  • 614 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:16' LD

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Try a garage door supply place or hardware store.

A common garage door lock will work. You may have to grind the square shaft down a little to fit the hole in the inside part of the lock. Also will have to cut the shaft length to fit. Should be able to be found for $10 to $15. Usually available in L or T handle, get the L handle.

In addition to the latch, some folks have installed a "dead bolt" lock. The kind with interlocking "fingers". This will make it really secure.

#4 randyinpa

randyinpa
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Boat building, Riding my Harley with my wife of 33 yrs on the back.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Randyinpa

Sounds like you need the complete lock assy. The one on mine looks like every other RV lock set I've ever seen since early 90's. Camping World or a local RV dealer? Ebay?

Thanks
Randyinpa

#5 wmgeorge

wmgeorge
  • Casita Club Member
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Rifle / Handgun shooting. Ham Radio WB0UPD, Home machine/ fabrication shop, Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC. VW New Beetle TDI 1.9 Diesel hobby car... and more.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Found on Ebay with a 10 second search, there were lots of others for RV lock.

Link> http://www.ebay.com/...48f6d7a&vxp=mtr

Complete search narrowed down to USA and New> http://www.ebay.com/...ItemCondition=3

Edited by wmgeorge, 16 October 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#6 Don in OKC

Don in OKC
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

13/16 door latches are different from 17s.

===

Some folks have installed a home style deadbolt....or make a dummy keylock that just sticks on the outside.

FWIW, the door is easy to remove, locked or not! :ph34r:

Attached Thumbnails

• 16 door.jpg
  • 16 door latch inside.jpg
  • btm hinge lookn dwn.jpg

Don in OKC - (Useta have a) 2000 16' LD, 98 Chrysler T&C

#7 wmgeorge

wmgeorge
  • Casita Club Member
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Looks pretty low tech to me, a overhead garage door look was suggested and now I see why!!

#8 randyinpa

randyinpa
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Thanks guys i found a new one. It's a jayco 1040.
Thanks again
Randyinpa